Author Topic: YZ250 F 1979 Rear Brake backing plate or advice on how to fix seized bush...  (Read 3084 times)

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: YZ250 F 1979 Rear Brake backing plate or advice on how to fix seized bush...
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 11:48:00 am »
bronze would have been the choice, an old brass drift was what I had on hand to sacrifice to the cause. I hope you have luck with a replacement, all the small things like this add up to quite a lot of time in the shed at the wee hours.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: YZ250 F 1979 Rear Brake backing plate or advice on how to fix seized bush...
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 03:04:39 pm »
brett
there is a guy in the usa on marks swapmeet giving a yz400f rear wheel away for free mabe you could contact him and buy the backing plate
cheers
jim

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2009, 12:43:14 pm »
Yes ,thats right Rocket, Hey Jim my only fear of getting one shipped is that it arrives and also has a seized Bush, as i t takes a bit of explaining of how it should float in the BUsh's.

Thanks for your' advice and assistance
Brett.....  see you at nepean on the 4th Oct...
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...