Author Topic: For Sale Yamaha DT1 Race bike  (Read 4182 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
For Sale Yamaha DT1 Race bike
« on: August 15, 2009, 06:26:01 pm »
G'day viewers  I've been hoarding bits for this bike to last me for some time. The bike for sale is a DT1 pre reed valve so its pre-70 .There is an F11 that i had the idea of putting a DT engine in for pre-75 racing but it never happen.all the parts will come with the bike as a lot sale nothing will be seperated. $2000 and the lots yours, you can contact me on my mobile 0424628107. The bike is located in sancturay point NSW 2540 about 2.5 hrs south of sydney.
                                            Jimson.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 09:29:38 pm by jimson »
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: For Sale Yamaha DT1 Race bike
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:21:06 pm »
Message left please call back or Check pms.

cheers Freaky.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 01:04:58 pm »
Anyone from mexico going up near that way that could help getting them down to civilisation  ;D ?

Happy to take the lot to make it easy for Jimbo, and if anyone interested to help out we could sell out the other bits too you like the KWaka, the spare frames, mx400 bottom end ( minus the Electrics) etc ?  any takers on a group hug ?  :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:44:39 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 01:59:51 pm »
Your timing is crap, Freaky...

Facthunt is going to be here on the weekend, but I won't have time to get to jimson's place before then (probably not for a couple of weeks, at least).
I *might* be making a trip to Shepparton in the next few weeks (possibly even on the weekend, saving facthunt the trip up here, if the planets all align), if that's any use?

I'm interested in the blue MX100 tank and kinda interested in the F11.

The complete DT1 is a great bike too, BTW. I raced it after jimson's son Tom jumped under it, and won the pre-70 class - a feat that I rarely manage on my own bike...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 03:48:31 pm »
Are you saying from Jimson to you or are you saying from you to melton ? 

IF you gathered all the bits into one spot id give you that tank, then i might be able to pay bruce to collect the good stuff and bring it down here from yass or melton if i can get it down that way it would save me a lot of coin.

The yellow F11,  how much kinda interested are you ? (use dollars as a scale) and if the numbers align we can move this puppy forward ASAp

Ill try to get Jimson to email me an inventory of what there and maybe i can offload the other stuff i dojnt need before it needs to go anywhere, ( which would save double handling and transport.   My main focus is on the Yamaha stuff, the wheels, the DT! stuff, motsrs etc.  The frame im sure we can sell off, like the kwaka etc and get the price and size down to a more managible size for us all.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:52:28 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 05:07:21 pm »
freaky
i could take all the mx400 stuff if the price is right,jimson is onlt 2 hours from my house
cheers
ps
ring me re long beach

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 05:09:47 pm »
Jimson to Yass, I can definitely do, although it might take a while.

Yass to Melton might be able to happen, depending on lots of other variables, particularly time.
Yass to Shepparton/Benalla can probably happen, providing the Jimson to Yass part of the trip has already happened.

Haven't thought about the F11 as a dollar figure, beyond the term "low but not nothing".
I could also be interested in one of the more complete spare motors, if its an early one.
I'll send you a PM when I've worked it out.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 07:32:51 pm »
JIM - Went to plan "B" with the long beach thing, ended up putting a pallet together with Ajay and shipping with old roly, dearer but im a bit worried about all that gear sitting around with cranky pants for 4 or more weeks.

I do have some other bits im looking at over there so no doubt ill be using that guy for a few boxes in the future, i have a few bottome ends i want to travel.

Exactly how much is the right price for the 400 stuff ? youll get the Frame and tank and the complet motor minus the electrics, pick up would be nathans, unless you can take the lot over to nathans.   

As its a Job lot, the gear needs to leave Jimson in one load, not in bits and peices.

NAthan -  the yellow beast looks fairly complete so i would have thought it would be worth $300 ? but ill ask the kwaka chaps if there is a market for it, the other motors are DT1 with reeds so they are later, beside i wanna keep all the Yamaha stuff to get some other projects off the ground.

So in a nutshell IM looking for someone to buy the kawasaki and the 400 stuff to get the deal down to a good size.  Anyone else interested ?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:47:53 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 08:33:35 pm »
WITH NO IGNITION ABOUT 50.00

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 09:04:58 pm »
no thanks.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 09:17:40 pm »
G'day viewers you could take the ignition off the DT1 engine and put it on the 400 can I watch you kick the thing over   :o  ;D jimson

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 09:51:05 pm »
jimson
starting big bore 2 strokes is a peice of piss even with points
1972 cz400 points
1974 cr250 points
1976 tt500 running on methenol points
all run and start easy,so come and watch anytime
nepean 30th aug
barleigh ranch 6th sept ans 19th/20 sept

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 10:02:19 pm »
Jimg1au dose that mean you want the 400 with points  ;D if I was aloud out to play I wouldn't be selling all my bikes  :'( jimson

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 06:36:15 pm »
OK got the list will call to discuss.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 09:14:51 pm »
G'day viewers lets get this show on the road at the top of this in the very first post there is a Kawasaki F11 250 it comes with a new sprocket cover and a Kawasaki f11 factory manual $90 for the lot bike is at Sanctuary point NSW about two & half hours out of the Sutherland Shire. ph 0424628107