Author Topic: YSS shocks.  (Read 1530 times)

Quicksilver

YSS shocks.
« on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:30 pm »
After reading replies and comments in different threads on the forum I took the leap and ordered my first pair of YSS shocks. I ordered them through my local bike shop, pair of classic look shocks for my CB450 twin. I was very pleased YSS offer a 100mm chrome bell very simular to original Honda. Also very impressed with the number of questions and meassurments I need answer and give to make sure YSS were sending/building the right shocks for my bike and fat old bloke sitting on it.

Looking forward to them arriving.  ;D I trust they will be as good as some of the comments I have read.

Quicksilver

Re: YSS shocks.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 09:54:49 am »
Heres a tip............ If ordering YSS shocks do it through YSS and no one else.
Link received the order from local bike shop and still bloody nothing arrived after almost 2 weeks. Too damn bad if your bike was your only means of transport. You'd be doing a shit load of walking.

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 10:00:53 am »
My TM125 shocks arrived within a week and I'm rapt with them.
The older I get, the faster I was

Quicksilver

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 10:45:09 am »
My TM125 shocks arrived within a week and I'm rapt with them.

Thats good to read. I have faith the product will be fine. Next time I order I will use YSS web site or place my order by phone directly from YSS.

Quicksilver

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:48:03 am »
Dont know what went wrong there , there are plenty of CB 750 shocks in stock here. I will chase it up today , perhaps call me direct if its urgent . Cheers Walter   08 82848033

Thanks Walter. By the way its for CB450 not 750  ;) ;D ;D. I am waiting on call from the bike shop. If no decent answer if had from them I will cancel with them and go straight to YSS myself. I was only trying to support out local guys here as well. We have but One bike shop. If we dont support it we'll loose it.

Quicksilver

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 02:51:56 pm »
Woooo Hooo.  ;D ;D.  They arrived today. They fitted perfectly with NO mucking around, look fantastic. Overall finish is very pleasing and nicely put together.  Feel great when bounching on the bike. Damn I gotta this thing rego'd.   ;D

Rosco400

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 01:04:53 pm »
Just thought Id let you know Walter the new YSS's on the 490 were great on those rough NSW cow tracks, could even actuall walk after Lakes meeting :P :D