Author Topic: What Pre-75 125 to race?  (Read 10647 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What Pre-75 125 to race?
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2011, 08:15:17 am »
You got us again Alli.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2011, 09:50:59 am »
You got us again Alli.

yes sorry !! I should of added a bit extra from UnZud....  ;)  ;D

125 real mens bikes;
I'm here to tell you, that there isnt a more thruthful statement than the subject that we are debating tonight.  Oh yes, the other team are going to have you believe that a 125 is just a small tiddler of a bike. It doesnt go fast.  Wheres the power!!!  No grunt!!!!  And YES all of it is true. But and I do mean BUT.  We aint here to debate the bike.  We are here to debate if real men ride 125's. And the answer is YES!!  And the opposition know they havnt got a crankcase to argue. Thats why they will try to attack the bike... They will try to have you believing that a 125 is a pussys bike, for juniors, not a real mans bike. All these guys know what it is like to ride a 125.... now they ride big bores.... And of course they would never go back to riding a 125...... and why !! Its to small, no power.... NO.. Its simple...... They know how hard it is to ride one......... not to let it bog down..... to keep it on the boil.....  never miss a gear.. Sounds hard ya.... not like havnt low down grunt to keep ya outta trouble. Or enough power ta just ride through the rough stuff.... No ... there is none of that on a 125...you have to ride the bike..... your the real man doing it...  Thats why these guys dont wanna ride a real mans bike...... its to HARD..  They need there low down grunt. They dont wanna change gears any more. They want the bike to do it all for them.  Is this a real man!!! NO....... Real Men Ride 125's ...Yes
I've said it before. Yes. Real men ride 125's...... And how do they ride them...... WFO..... Wide forking Open......Its where it all started.125 riders do everything hard..... just ask there women.....coz they know..... If ya cant keep her screaming ,, Ya just dreaming.  And its the same with there bikes.....There is only 2 places ya have the throttle. Off or WFO. No in-between. No middle of the road....No I can torque my way outta this.......... Lets look at that concept. Off ; On..... Off ; On....... No throttle control here, No rolling the throttle on.......No pussy footing around........ Just get that thing open. Open ; Closed ; Open ; Closed........ None of this action. Roll on ; Roll off ;Roll on ; Roll off ; Come on guys  It kinda looks abit like ya having a wank!!!! No ,  125's are real mens bikes. Ya have ta be fit.  No arm chair ride here.  Miss any of those 6 gears and that rider behind you is now in front of you.  Lets face it,  the old saying 'its not how big it is, its how you use it that counts' is pretty true.  And all you guys on you big bores,  well,  I can think of another saying about that. Is it really true that riding a big bore compensates for smaller things else where!!! The older we get the wiser we get.. so we all think ....... Is that why older guys like to ride the big bikes because they are wiser...and know that its easier......Well real men dont care. They ride 125's...........Its that simple........ You either ride a 125 or your've gone soft.  And that my opposition is where your at.. 125 riders dont wanna race against anything but true motocross bikes....... Therefore its the rider that has to do the real work to win.....And this my fellow 125 riders I share with you the knowledge that you are the Real men of motocross....
Best is in the West !!

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2011, 11:45:10 am »
Hi
You are right about that , they might be light, but they are bloody hard work , total concentration is required , just one small mistake , and five guys go past you,  all the fast 125s have about the same power,so trying to catch them back up is hard work,  dont use the brakes, it just  slows you down,
I would love to see the fastest 20 guys all on CR 125's, what a race that would be.
cheers 

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2011, 12:41:52 pm »
If winning is a major priority I'd suggest a nice '74 Honda CR125 for sir. If owning something cool is more important than collecting trophies, I'd reccommend a nice Rickman Zundapp Micro Metisse. If you want to combine winning and being cool it's hard to go past a Monark 125MX or perhaps a nice little Maico 125.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2011, 12:47:03 pm »
The Lewis Penda in my fav pre 75 125 the combination of cool and Honda power.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle