Author Topic: SUP REGS FOR CLASSIC DIRT TRACK AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS  (Read 7798 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: SUP REGS FOR CLASSIC DIRT TRACK AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 07:19:37 am »
RULES
there is no eligibility steward mentioned in the supp regs so again like canberra the steward (langy at canderra) has the last say and that is the rules.yes it can happen again.i know you will be there as the eligibility sterard and that will be good thing  but i am just stating facts the supp regs for 2009 dont have one listed so officialy there is not one.
LETS HOPE WELL ALL HAVE A GOOD MEETING AND NO S!!! FIGHTS THERE OR AFTER
JIM

Curly3

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 08:43:10 am »
I had a chuckle to myself when I saw Langy's name mentioned. Controversy was never far away throughout his long career. Why am I not surprised.

firko

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 10:34:01 am »
Jim, the eligibility steward is rarely if ever mentioned in the supp regs but definitely has official power. Trust me on that. I agree, there'll be no shitfight if everybody follows the rules. I'm not scrutineering the bikes but will observe only. Protests are up to the racers not me. If a bike is spotted or reported as illegal to me and the examiner he has to act, just as Dave did at Conondale and Canberra last year. As this is your first classic title event you'll find the system slightly different Jim. Don't worry though, I'm a big softy and would rarely knock a bike back from racing. If the Patton bike shows with the same numbers as last year I wouldn't stop him racing but will place him somewhere else in the program.

I've also been informed that the engine now in the bike is a later version that the one used to win the '74 title. We'll see what unfolds.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:35:40 am by firko »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 11:07:47 am »
mark
all sliders entered in the 2 slider races will be pre 83 ie all uprights and 4 valve
up to 250 and up to 500
so i am ok with my 1973 hagon framed 1976 tt500c
cheers
see you at nepean al will be there riding the hagon in the parade laps

firko

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 11:19:41 am »
I think I'm doing laps on my old Maico Jim.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 11:37:05 am »
My 2 cents worth, didn't even hear of the Patton controversy at ACT, but having owned MX250B powered Hagon in the day with a mate(24) having an MX250A Hagon the only difference between the crankcases r the numbers. So maybe Langy's call was a good 'un.Part of the trouble is we racing bikes now 40 yrs old and producing more power than they ever did (modern ideas and parts),and the original donor crankcases etc r getting a pizzalling.Personally I'm havin stuff fail that I would have in the past been considered bulletproof.Can sympatize with anyone using 2-Valve sliders and probably common sense to have relaxed the rules the get entries up.Love to see the Hagons.

Curly3

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 05:46:53 pm »
I'm disappointed to see that the Sliders will be pre83 all in, as I'm working on a 2 valve Jawa & a 350 BSA which will both be in the same class as the 4 valvers, not that I had any grandiose ideas of being at the pointy end of the field but it would be good to compete against bikes of similar performance.
Having said all that I realize that entry levels in certain classes and time constraints probably dictate that it is one in, all in.
Maybe in the future there could be a class within a class eg - 2V & 4V, with both competing in the same race. I know the old "Junior - 350" class is asking to much and I'm really only restoring the Beeza to remember the original Curly.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 07:37:06 pm »
I thonght that slider comment would flush someone out Curley.I sypathize with ya 2-valver,these bikes generally don't come together in week and to have the goal posts move IS disappointing.The only class 4 ya 2-valve is pre 75 solo 263 and over.Thats what we did in the day.The Nats up to 98 was that way.I traded blows with Tony Day that year 4 the title, with the result hanging till the last round.I'm positive Col Moody,Billy Uns,Grasy an co would love to see the mx vs slider matchup, as was featured pre 75, Gall, Willing(len),Scaysbrook(CCM),Ron Davis,etc vs slider mob.Having ridden a fair slice of pre-84 sliders,as anyone who has will tell ya(and you already know Curly), the 4-valvers made 2-valve speedway engine obsolete overnite.Just lookin @ entry form, why not Pre-75 4-stroke All Powers.BSA has to be pre-70 does'nt it?

Curly3

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 08:05:06 pm »
Hey 52, Pre70 for the BSA definitely but I thought there was a push to keep both style of bikes separate.
I'm with Col & co it would be good to see em all together.
See you & grasy up there.

colmoody

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 08:57:23 pm »
Re 52's last post, I agree. If it's pre 75 whatever let em ride in pre 75. Especially if there is a chance of them blowing off those pesky Honda's/Yamaha's from down riverina way.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 09:42:37 pm »
Hi Re Cols comment bring on the Mortein,we will be like mozzies in a tent. It would be great for the sport to go back to the format that was run in the era of the bikes we are riding. :o :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:27:10 pm by grasy »

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 06:54:26 pm »
Beware the big bad HONDAS are comming ;D
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 08:54:41 pm »
 Hi grd what big bad Honda's are you riding ?

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 03:44:47 pm »
Grasy, I think gdr is from Mexico,probably ridin Honcho's(suzuki) not Honda.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 04:36:59 pm »
looking at all you blokes talking sliders, yamaha powered, xt 500's dt1's AND bsa 350's plus 2valve speedway engine powered is making me froth at the mouth 'cause my xt slider is still broken. i haven't even got something to ride in the bloody parade! unless i can sit on the pillion of someones slider. anyhow i'm looking forward to a great weekend and will be meeting up with a bunch of old riders from merrylands club coming down from the deep north plus a lot of old personalities [refugees from the 50'&60's] and lots of new names from this forum looking for faces. cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!