Author Topic: Pre 90 VMX  (Read 46106 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 90 VMX
« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2009, 08:34:47 pm »
Can't have this thread die off now can we ;D

What about the four stroke class, they also ride in capacity class's don't they?

I agree you shouldn't be able to ride up a class, you can't ride your 125 in the 250 class etc,

This whole debate is based around the fact that Evo bikes came out in the 80 - 84 period & so like a 4 stroke, fall into 2 classes.
Now if the rule book actually said no twinshocks in Pre 85 then that would be a different thing, & their is only an assumption that the book should have said this.

By the way, not trying to be to anal, but where does it say in the book that you can't ride a bike in 2 classes?

As far as this WA thing goes...
18.7.3 Table of machine components -  pre -1965
18.7.4 Table of machine components - 1965 - 1970
18.7.5 Table of machine components - 1970 - 1975

Hmmm, maybe I shouldn't go to Qld with all this angst.  ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

« Reply #211 on: August 03, 2009, 08:45:00 pm »
Okay mate, your taking the piss. Good one. Two eras, one bike =riding up. Any clearer?
How ever the era is decided, by year or mechanics, a class/era is a class/ era. No matter which way you look at it evo is a class and an era which is raced separate, in the rule book separate and they physically look different. So to say they are both the same is an insult to my intelligence . And the best part of all is you base your whole argument around not being stuffed washing/ preparing a second bike.  As with any of the eras , there are grey areas such as the bikes that didn't keep up with technology which because of the rules can run in evo with earlier model bikes. Why? Because they are the same mechanically as the other evos. I even think that should be their place , as an evo bike but thats not a major in the scheme of things.
No angst really GMC, i am hitting this pretty hard i know but to me this vmx thing is so clear and perfect unless you want to go against the grain to suit yourself as well as making piss poor reasons for doing so.
So with the other side of the coin, i have the bike for all occasions. A '69 CZ360. I can ride pre '70, '75 ,'78, evo, pre '85, pre '90 and then i will be sweet for pre '95. I will then do the modern circuit on off weekends. I know now im being a forkwit but when commonsense and good debate has failed to get a point across.......

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 03, 2009, 09:02:51 pm »
Who said sweet cheeks magoo is not a 125 rider ? I would like to differ i can see him on a turbo RV125 He is slim,fit,agile,fast and hansome,president of the Kevy Rudd fan club and dates bindi irwin. Go Magoo at the Nats.
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2009, 09:04:43 pm »
This is awesome - the Victorians and the Qwinslanders going at it.

Remind me, What are we doing wrong in NSW?  ;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2009, 09:10:25 pm »
At club level I ride the modern class for a bit of fun on the 81 490, its freakin great!  All in the name of fun.. It gets attention with the modern guys who know nothing about the bikes, and has dragged a few guys over to the vmx scene who now know what fun is all about.
I would love to do the finke on it! it steers, handles and forkin hammers! pitty about this pilot :-\

It is written into the rules that the 490 or 414 are now classed as evo or pre85 for the nats?

Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 03, 2009, 09:13:43 pm »
How do you ride an evo bike up a class when its the only state of technology designated class that there is?
I hadn't given too much thought to this riding up a class issue but if people want to stop it I can understand their reasoning.
I saw Feets Minert ride his old BSA at the World 4stroke champs against the modern 4 strokes at the time(1990) and it was a real buzz but if the general concensous over here is to keep bikes in their original era's I'll go along with it no problem.
But I will never understand why a guy who loves his Maicos can't race his 81 Mega against a Honda riders 81 450 in a pre 85 class.81 COMES BEFORE 85 DOESN'T IT? Or is there something wrong with my maths.Maybe 81 doesn't come before 85 in Germany or something.
I hadn't read the GCR's either before getting involved in this topic.All I read was PRE 85 and even with my limited understanding of english I assumed that that meant PRE 85.
I did end up going into the GCR's of course and HOLY SNAPPING ARSEHOLES BATAMN PRE 85 means PRE 85.What part of "all bikes manufactured upto and including 1984 " don't some people understand?Couldn't be any clearer or simpler - unless YOU have a personal agenda and want them to say something else that they don't.
I didn't write the GCR's but my opinion is if you want to hold an MA santioned event then you should make yourself familiar with them(GCR's) and abide by them .Otherwise don't get involved , go off and do you own thing with your own idealologies.
And if you want to invite pre 85 riders to your race you'd better make it clear if that means all pre 85 bikes or not .if it doesn't then don't call it pre 85 .Call it pre 85 single shock or pre 85 cr500 only whatever you fuggin want .Its your choice , you don't have to run an MA event under the GCR's if you think that the GCR's are wrong.As MXMANIAC said why wasn't there a problem with the Tas wegians last year?

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2009, 09:16:27 pm »
At club level I ride the modern class for a bit of fun on the 81 490, its freakin great!  All in the name of fun.. It gets attention with the modern guys who know nothing about the bikes, and has dragged a few guys over to the vmx scene who now know what fun is all about.
I would love to do the finke on it! it steers, handles and forkin hammers! pitty about this pilot :-\

It is written into the rules that the 490 or 414 are now classed as evo or pre85 for the nats?

Remember when Geoff Ballard entered his 81 490 in a modern 6DAYS? The next year his entry was refused with no explaination.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2009, 09:18:29 pm »

Remember when Geoff Ballard entered his 81 490 in a modern 6DAYS? The next year his entry was refused with no explaination.

Jealousy rings a very common bell..................................... ::)  Geoff rode dads 490 at barrabool oceania and classic dirt
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 03, 2009, 09:24:49 pm »
As far as this WA thing goes...
18.7.3 Table of machine components -  pre -1965
18.7.4 Table of machine components - 1965 - 1970
18.7.5 Table of machine components - 1970 - 1975
Yep would be great if the rule's said that.
No angst here.  
Cheers
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 03, 2009, 09:35:11 pm »

I heard that Magoo has volunteered to tell Geoff Ballard that its just not right that hes racing that thing against Belly's CR.As we all know Geoff is a icon a ledgend and an allround  nice bloke so I reckon he'll probably pullout - in the interests of the sport!

Jealousy rings a very common bell..................................... ::)  Geoff rode dads 490 at barrabool oceania and classic dirt

« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2009, 09:54:03 pm »
But I will never understand why a guy who loves his Maicos can't race his 81 Mega against a Honda riders 81 450 in a pre 85 class.81 COMES BEFORE 85 DOESN'T IT? Or is there something wrong with my maths.Maybe 81 doesn't come before 85 in Germany or something.
I hadn't read the GCR's either before getting involved in this topic.All I read was PRE 85 and even with my limited understanding of english I assumed that that meant PRE 85.
I did end up going into the GCR's of course and HOLY SNAPPING ARSEHOLES BATAMN PRE 85 means PRE 85.What part of "all bikes manufactured upto and including 1984 " don't some people understand?Couldn't be any clearer or simpler - unless YOU have a personal agenda and want them to say something else that they don't
Every era has a start and a finish, some bikes are excluded and some are included ( flow on models). As is the same with what this is about. An 81 cr450 gets pushed into the newer technology pre 85 class and is out classed as its the earliest model bike in the class ( not to mention a shit box in its own right). An 81 490 was behind the times technology wise (or more so cool wise at the time) which puts it in evo, yet it holds its own in any class of course! Pre75 all look the same with 4" of suspension, pre 78 all look the same as evo as should pre 85 as DOES pre 90. The common goal is there just by looking at the bikes . Its not rocket science here.

HOLY SNAPPING ARSEHOLES BATAMN PRE 85 means PRE 85
So you are stating the obvious. So here is another obvious. Who ever wrote the rules for pre 85 obviously meant it to include both single shock bikes and watercooled bikes that were made up to and including an '84 model. In the event that a rare twin shock built in 84 or whatever comes along, the rider could choose to ride in pre85.

Okay i think riding one bike in multiple classes or eras to be more precise should be discouraged so as to preserve said eras...any era. Dont turn it into a whatever race . I think i put my point across ::) I've spent all night dribbling this shit. Should have listened to guru Magoo!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2009, 10:21:09 pm »
Brad I think these guys are just winding you up now, maybe a conspirousy (I think I forked that word up) to put you off your game for the weekend? These Mexicans now there beat, so now there just jibber jabbering their lips and fingers. Forget it now and prepare for the battle on Friday. Long live the Alamo. Talk to ya soon, John.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 03, 2009, 10:30:36 pm »
Ok Brad.Next time I see Gally. I'll mention it to him that its was pretty good how he won the MRMotocross in 81 as a sweep rider.
You can tell my mate Webbo that he should build another $20.000 HL500 if he wants to ride more than one class.If he doesn't want too just use plan B tell to by that $1000 yz on ebay .Yer he can ride the HL in one class and the YZ dunger in the other.That should satisfy his lust for racing.
BTW because I like you Brad I should mention that he has a temper like a Bull thats just been artificilally inseminated by mistake instead of the other way around.

"The common goal is there just by looking at the bikes . Its not rocket science here."Na thats not rocket science at all but its your agenda Brad .You have to have rules thats what the GCR's are for .If you want to run or participate in an MA sactioned event I suggest that you go along with them.
"Okay i think riding one bike in multiple classes or eras to be more precise should be discouraged so as to preserve " YOUR AGENDA again Brad so don't go spoutung off about Victorians with agendas or ideas of bending rules when they are following the GCR's.
If you want to send some new VMX rider after doing two or three three lap races on his one bike home to tell the family that he needs another bike to get in a few more races go ahead.If I or anyone has one bike or twenty bikes its that persons choice.Its a lifestyle choice .I thought that VMX was about passion for old dirt bikes, anyone and any bike .Same old dirtbikes ,same old fun.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2009, 10:42:20 pm »
Moto you can't compare Gally in '81 to VMX it's not relevant.
Anyway his 465 was as good as anything on the track, RM465, CR450, KX420, 490 Maico, 430 Husky..

classic 26

« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2009, 10:44:09 pm »
Well done motomaineac u just got webbo beaten up only 12 more vics to go.There is still a spear seat if u want to come.