Author Topic: Pre 90 VMX  (Read 46092 times)

suzuki43

Re: Pre 90 VMX
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:14:26 am »
Hold onto your bike mate,Pre 90 is coming,the old guard can try and resist the dark side,but its only a matter of time.....

Hey Bill,watch this space mate,its coming to Auckland soon.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 12:42:33 pm »
Given the new-ness of pre-85 at National level, I don't think you've got an apples and apples comparison.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

STW996

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 01:17:17 pm »
Stats for the 2009 Nats

Pre 85 entries total inc sidecars 70

Pre 75 entries total inc 4 strokes 166  ;)

Source Qvmx site

Yep those pre 75 dinosuars are dying out :D

General club meeting at QVMX

Pre 75 bikes battle to have a grid

Pre 85 bikes 2 grids 250 and 1 1/2 grids opens

Nationals they are always going to come out of the wood work and lets hope it continues

But we need grass roots rides to keep the sport alive that want to run every month or so?

Nothing against the pre 75 bikes (I have one) but lets look to the future as well ;)

Shane
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:19:13 pm by STW996 »

suzuki43

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 01:43:08 pm »
Bill
Listen very carefully can you hear the rumbling of the wheels of progress?..... ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 02:02:50 pm »
Liz   Iv'e been waiting for the sound of kettles boiling in Auckland for a long time  ::)

It seems north of the Bombays talk is as cheap as those kettles you blokes love  ;D

Give it up Liz I have an RM 125T here with your name all over it  :-*

Heikki360

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 02:24:58 pm »
Obviously I am missing the point, as I cannot see why the pre-90 people WANT to be included in VMX. By all means ride whatever you like, but just delete the "V". It's a bit like turning up to the Vintage Bentley Club in your 2009 Corolla - why bother?

STW996

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 05:26:16 pm »
Obviously I am missing the point, as I cannot see why the pre-90 people WANT to be included in VMX. By all means ride whatever you like, but just delete the "V". It's a bit like turning up to the Vintage Bentley Club in your 2009 Corolla - why bother?

Well why stop there? why not make it no Japanese, no under 50 year olds and no one with forward thinking? As I have said before in other threads don't call them VMX, call them post vintage but we will need to keep getting new members and already pre 85 bikes are getting hard to get at a realist price as it is.

Who is going to sell their pre 75 bike for 1500 bucks to keep the movement alive?? not many I would think.

As I have also said I love watching the older bikes race and always will but don't exclude people from being involved at club level at the very least?

Shane

magoo

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 06:18:24 pm »
You've hit the nail on the head Shane. The true blue "Vintage" stalwarts and forward thinking don't go together. I'm totally ambivalent towards Pre '90 but the total paranoia and "the sky is falling" attitude is weird. If someone wants to run a pink only postie bike race and they can turn up to a race meeting with 25 bikes I'd give them more consideration than say 2 Pre '70 riders. Nationals will always bring out the true believers but where are they the rest of the year? Answer: sitting in their local cafe drinking lates' (not you ozzie) whinging about these new fangled 20 year old bikes trying to take over OUR sport. These young 45 year old blokes wanting to ride bikes they rode back in their day are ruining everything.
I blame Kevin Rudd for no other reason than I blame him for everything.
The worst thing I've ever seen in any administration is to simply change a club constitution to ban what started out as a simple request from a club member. Totally and utterly unforgivable in every respect.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 06:56:50 pm by magoo »

suzuki43

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 06:42:46 pm »
Yes I concur with Magoose Shane,you hit another home run.
I really love it when this topic surfaces every few months.It sure does bring out all the stuck in the olden days hayseeds (Firko and Bill excluded- they have the runs on the board).
Hey Heikki I bet you are a member of that 'forward thinking' club in Auckland that has resisted change to the dark side (Pre 86) and hence suffered from every decreasing numbers over the last few years.

Why is it that the biggest city in NZ; Auckland, has the poorest VMX numbers.....you guessed it because the old guard are still resisting change and hence their members are growing older and the number of participants at races are shrinking, because its getting too hard to swing their elderly legs over their old British steads.Never fear change is coming to us 'kettle loving single shock devil worshipers'.
Face facts guys Pre 90 is coming.

Shit at age 39 I find things are getting a tad harder physically,therefore natural progression will always force the older guys out of the competitive side of the sport.

Ira, thanks but no thanks, kettles and full floaters are my poison.
Cheers Liz

magoo

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 06:55:05 pm »
Liz, you're kidding, you're only 39? You look at least 50. How can you have done so much damage in such a short amount of time?

suzuki43

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »
magoose
It was that year riding the dirty CR 250RZ that aged me.....
Talk about pot calling kettle black

TM BILL

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 07:21:31 pm »
It would appear that we are nosy amatuers in the big picture  :o http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php?t=247571

magoo

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 07:31:08 pm »
Thanks for the link young William, proves my point to a degree, Vintage has a different meaning to everyone and none are right or wrong, it's just an interpretation of what's dear to the individual. It is what it is.

Did someone mention a pot? I'll have 2 of VB thanks,

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 07:35:10 pm »
don't worry pre 90 supporters we all out number the doom sayers if this thread is anything to go by.

and as as Shane said no one has ever said it has to be called VMX call it what you want but bring the bikes (and more importantly the riders) out to play once more and relive their youth like the pre 75 boys did back in the early days of the their movement, while they still can and have some fun that is the key word here , none of us are making a living out of this, we just want to have fun.

as the prophet Jagger said

"you can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you can get what you need"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 07:37:01 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 07:43:53 pm »
Can we at least ban the riding gear and hair styles from the late 80's?