Author Topic: Inner rotor Kit  (Read 14528 times)

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
Re: Inner rotor Kit
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2009, 11:12:21 am »
OK..Mark and all..I too have 3 PVL's on my bikes and am game to try one of these. Bought a system off evilpay yesterday along with a coil as pictured in Mark's post above..want to be putting this on a 125 2T ...so any tips??.....I have access to a capable machinist ..so the fitting won't really be a problem..

firko

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2009, 11:22:27 am »
Brian..You'll need one of those 2 stroke module thingys that I posted back a few posts. I can't find the contact details of the guy we got them off right now but I'll post it as soon as I find it. As Jonesys Sprite 405 conversion won't start until his current project is done, it looks as if you may be the pioneer. I'll make a start on doing the machine work for my Amaico adaption soon as well. Like you I've got PVL ignitions on a few of my bikes but the costs of those things causes me to give this a try. I know for sure that they work really well on 4 stroke vintage racers so can't see much of a problem on 2 strokes. Like anything involving new frontiers, it's a suck it and see situation....good luck mate and don't forget those Rat boardies for the Nats!..........

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 11:51:16 am »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 01:21:24 pm »
Yep..I bought all the stuff in both of those pictures that you posted on the 20th... Cost me about $57.00 ish including postage...not like the $500.00 ish that I paid for the PVL's each... Will try on my 125 which is without ignition at the moment cause I stole it back onto the 430 (where it came from)...Rat shorts will be in the suitcase..The way you're going at the moment Mark (and I applaude it) you will be able to fit into them...!!

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 05:20:18 pm »
Are these chinese systems capable of running a charge circuit for lighting, indicators, horn etc....??? Thinking about this setup for my TS/M hybrid.....
WANTED : TM125 EXHAUST, ANY CONDITION!!!
WANTED : YAMAHA YZ250J ANY CONDITION!!!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 05:40:18 pm »
There is a DC/DC lighting ignition Andy they are around the $100AUD mark.However they don't adapt well due to the pick up sticking out to far.Might be fine for your road bike though.For ANY sort of 2T performance application the inner rotor won't go that well due to being unable to retard the advance curve.Sorry for the bad news.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 06:05:04 pm »
No problem Loz, will probably go with that UK system..... most cost effective setup out there at the moment it seems...... unless I can find a TS 125 ERZ 12v system........

I know this has been discussed a fair bit but i still cant decide......

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 06:11:57 pm »
what was the UK system you were looking at?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline ss2fly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 06:24:55 pm »
www.electrexworld.co.uk

has a few bits and pieces that probably have more interest to my project than the norm.....

I need a decent ignition curve as well as lighting etc capability as I use my bike on the road as well.... I just have to decide which system to go with.....

More talking with Lozza me thinks.... ;)

I guess Im "lucky" that I do about 20km per day at least 6 days a week on my old TS125....... ;D I love it and wouldnt have it any other way!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 10:08:27 pm »
HI Yamiefan
As you might know I have put one on the XL (posted elswhere) I have had a few quality issues, the rotor was not round and one cracked. But in all mine has worked Ok. Still a few minor issues to sort out with the way I mounted it, but in all I think the economics dictate that it is the way to go.
For $50 how can you go wrong. You probably stuffed more expensive bits in that just putting something together, so its worth a crack.
Cheers Steven.
Best is in the West !!

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 11:35:20 pm »
the chinese make/sell alot of cheep bikes/parts but from what of seen and worked on their not quality and lack the finish of the jap stuff,ive seen the insides of a 140cc motor with oversize threads [5.5 instead of 5mm] gear shafts with all the machining marks in them [the japs would have ground them out] to unpararel clutch fibre and steel plates none of it impressed me but i suspose you get what you pay for no wounder they call them dumpsters and that's a good place for this shite

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2009, 08:21:40 am »
The same was said of the Japanese stuff if you go back far enough...
The same was said of Korean cars recently too - if you've seen inside a Hyundai engine, you'll  understand how far wide of the mark that comment is.

There's no doubt that China is making a lot of rubbish bikes right now. But its wrong to disregard it all as rubbish, as some of it is actually very good - mechanically aware buyers (like I assume that all VMXers are) will have little difficulty in sorting the wheat from the chaff.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 09:35:23 am »
Yep...some of the Chinese stuff is below the standards set by the Japs. It's often the old "you get what you pay for" scenario but if you really look into the Chinese items that are being offered up you'll find some little gems. For example, what does a new Magura or OEM throttle cost you? $100 plus? Why not look into the pit bike throttle pictured that can be had for $40 or less. They are fully machined from billet aluminium and the internal cable guide has roller bearings. The throttle tube is knurled alloy billet and...best of all, they work a treat. I've got three so far, and will eventually repace all of the Gunnars and Maguras on my bikes as they die. Also worth looking at are the alloy and nylon chain guides. I fitted one to the B&S and I'll be fitting them to most of the other bikes. They're simple and well made and at $6.95, a steal.
I reckon that dismissing Chinese parts because of a supposed lack of quality without looking further into it you're letting yourself and your bike down. It's your loss.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 11:16:52 am »
Is that the place you got the throttle from firko. When you said they were good I didn't think they were that good.

People said the same things about the 'new' Triumph's when they didn't leak oil and breakdown.
Jesus only loves two strokes

firko

« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:57:37 am by firko »