Author Topic: Now is the Time to Get the Enduro you always wanted !  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
Now is the Time to Get the Enduro you always wanted !
« on: July 18, 2009, 10:31:29 pm »
Hi , just thought I would share these thoughts with you all...

I got into VMX in the early 90s pre 75 MX bikes were very cheap and could be found all over the place , after a few years people had got what they wanted and  special bikes were seldom sold  or found and became very exy .

We are in a fantastic postion NOW still loads of Enduros rotting away out there and the sport in its infancy .

If you look really hard it wont take you long to find the one you have always wanted !

In the space of about 4 months I managed to get an SWM and a rare Moto Villa  for not too much coin - so dont settle for any old trailbke -get the one you want soon before they dry up and get too expensive .......cheers Tim Embleton

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Now is the Time to Get the Enduro you always wanted !
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:05 pm »
Hi Tim dont tell every one im the opposite to that got in early on the vinduro's but i dont a single vmxer im ashamed to say does any one have a tm400 or cr480 or rm500 they would sell reasonably because its a costly sport to get in to i have come in real late being only 16 i havent had a long time to collect anything especially since i wasnt around when they were new id love to get a tm400 just lately i have found myself spending alot on the humble gt80 but its a special bike of big sentimental value i wouldnt trade it for the world id really like to get a tm400 despite the bad rep any one got one of those thanks Michael.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:54 pm »
also i am chasing a 1981 pe400 any one got one or know someone who will sell one thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

All Things 414

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 09:22:22 am »
Tim. Is your SWM the one that was on eBay not long ago? The one they were talking about on here? I reckon if it's the one then it's worth every cent of the seven odd grand they were asking. I agree also that people will sell their sister to get some TM 250 side-cover (or whatever the hell else they go crazy over) and laugh off some intricate, rare, European thoughbred. Their loss.
There probably is a pile of good old enduros out there. I'm getting closer to finishing one off...........

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:06:07 am »
Tim ,if Vinduro really gets cracking in Australia, then I believe the price and market will change remarkably.up up up  :o
Until that time we can sit and wait or like you say start looking around for the good working bikes.
Can you keep your eyes open for an ALRON Enduro for me.  ;D
Happy collecting.  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:55:40 am »
That ebay SWM was bought by another vinduro fan , mine was horse trade deal with Des Heany.  I now have the correct 6 speed donk ..thanks Des so it should be a very competitive bike when finished ....
Yes get looking as there are load of bike hiding out there waiting to come back to life

Offline Tankslapper

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Hydrosteer
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 10:39:14 am »
Got some Sach's 125 7 speed engines if anybody is interested ??????

Offline d veda

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 10:53:15 am »
heres one for you pe400. sorry still leaning how to post
[http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Classic-vintage/auction-232379484.htm ;)]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:55:07 am by d veda »

firko

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 11:05:47 am »
I agree...Get 'em while you can. I've got my eyes on a matching pair of OSSA SD enduros that have sat for years but are in great "no need to restore" condition. I've also got my hand up for a Husky Auto that may or may not be made available in the not too distant future.........
By the way, Hows tricks Tim? it's been a long time between drinks mate. First Jumbo, now you, it seems the old crew are coming out of the woodwork!

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 06:08:39 pm »
Hey Firko , all good here old chap , Trying to get some of my old junkers going to get out in vmx and vinduro !  How the hell are you going you should have come to Harrow its was fab .....cheers TIM