Author Topic: Rare OSSA.  (Read 1292 times)

firko

Rare OSSA.
« on: June 16, 2009, 02:57:39 pm »
The odd and interesting stuff still keeps coming out of the woodwork. I've mentioned before that it's always a good thing to nurture contacts in the USA and UK,you never know what they're going to uncover. I wouldn't have my Hindall Duke or Boyd and Stellings Suzuki or Jonesy wouldnt have his ever growing hoard of Sprite/American Eagles if we didn't nurture the old mate network. The latest obscure find comes from a contact of Jonesys we call "Mobility Impaired Al". Al's offered us the below OSSA trials bike basket case with rare Bolger rear suspension and a trick Greeves. Unfortunately being a trialer neither Jonesy or I are interested in the OSSA (If it was a Phantom it'd be a different story) so I figured I'd put it up here. Now here's the crunch.....To buy the OSSA you also have to buy the Greeves shown with it as a package deal for around $ 4kUS firm which includes transport to Long Beach. Remember also that the total would be around 8k us/10k au landed here so it's not as cheap a deal as it initially looks. Al won't split the deal (no idea why, he's a "different" kind of dude) so you have to factor in the resale value on the Greeves (or OSSA, whichever you want to keep) into the deal. Joe Bolger was a bit of a suspension genius and has been mentioned on this forum before. His suspension system was considered 'out there' in the early 70s but reports are that it really worked. I've also attached a photo of a complete OSSA MAR with Bolger suspension. The Greeves features an aftermarket top end and a weird pipe supposedly made in the 60s by some California tuning guru. PM me if you're interested and I'll pass on the details.

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/hofbiopage.asp?id=312

runutz698

Re: Rare OSSA.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 03:39:21 pm »
Intresting setup, It is kind of a good idea to get the weight in board in the early days. and you also have mechanical leverage on your side which means the shocks would of had to have been a softer setting surely???

albrid-3

Re: Rare OSSA.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:53:55 pm »
that is one ugly villiers pipe.