Author Topic: Moto Retro Illustrated  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Moto Retro Illustrated
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 07:22:49 am »
Never saw Issue 5 and no mention of that on the website. Wonder if it's all over for Mitch's magazine?

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:14 pm »
Just had a look on the website,it says issue #5 done,sending out 22/23 July, If thats the case it shouldn't be too far away ;D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 11:49:32 am »
I just got #5 of Moto Retro. A quick scan tells me that it looks pretty good. I longer look later this arvo will give the true story. There's a little piece on Hannah's OW27 and a lengthy article on the '72 Superbowl od Motocross. Apparently my subscription ran out with #4 so he's sent #5 on the hope I'll renew my sub.
It's a dodgy situation with Mitch's continuously missed deadlines and the state of the US economy but despite those downers it's a nice, professionally produced magazine so it'd be a shame to see it disappear. I'll take the punt and renew later today.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline miniwheels

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 12:28:43 pm »
Firko I was talkin to Mitch yesterday (via email) and he said the mags should be hitting our shores in the next couple of days, like you I don't want to see this mag disappear, so far most issues have been a great read, I'd like to know how you being a non subscriber got yours before us paying subscribers ;D

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 04:19:19 pm »
I'd like to know how you being a non subscriber got yours before us paying subscribers
Probably me Brad Pity like good looks Mini!.
With my copy came a printed flyer letter stating among other stuff.....''actually issue #4 was the final issue of your subscription. But because I realize folks don't always know when their subscriptions expire, and because I believe strongly that you'll continue to support what many feel is the best retro/vintage magazine in the industry*, I'm sending you issue #5 in hopes you'll renew your subscription today".

That's a big leap of faith for Mitch considering his shalky delivery deadlines and rumoured financial dificulties. I'd assume I'm not the only punter to get issue 5 for free, hoping that I'll renew my sub so it's a big financial risk on Mitch's behalf. I respect his faith in my renewing my subscription so in return I'll do just that and hope I haven't sacrificed my 60 bucks ;).

* I'm probably biased but I'm an unabashed VMX Magazine fan, despite me being one of the crew. Moto Retro is a quality publication but in my opinion the Brit mags Classic Bike and Classic Racer cover the classic road bike and road racing side a little better while I reckon VMX is head and shoulders ahead of Moto Retro for in depth coverage of old dirt bikes. Classic Dirt Bike from the UK is the closest to VMX for content but their lack of care with photo's and the use of sub standard subject bikes doesn't help their cause. Their strong classic trials coverage is what separates them from the others. All of the magazines have different focus so in a way they all have their own place in the classic scene. Moto Retro do in depth history pieces very well as Mitch Boehm's piece on the Superbowl of Motocross and Lexington 125GP in issue 5 show. It deserves to live if just for that reason.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline miniwheels

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 03:55:54 pm »
Looks like the next issue is going to the printers next week going by Mitch's web site http://www.motoretroillustrated.com/news.htm
It appears he has some financial backing/help into getting the mag back on track as well  ???.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2012, 02:06:16 pm »
The latest issue of Mitch Boehm's Moto Retro Magazine has a good in depth 17 page article plus a cover shot on the RH67.

What a cracker issue along with the 73 Works Kawa,58 RC70 Honda,68 f21m,three wheeler wonder ATC90~ its got all the old juice in it.  8)
Issue #6 Spring 2012 will be renewing our subs  :P
Best is in the West !!