Author Topic: yz465 jetting  (Read 11600 times)

mico

yz465 jetting
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:28:05 pm »
hi guys can anyone give me a rough idea of jetting for my 465 it is running a dg pipe runs ok in 4th and 5th not real clean in the rest cheers

lms6201

Re: yz465 jetting
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 05:33:14 am »
 just if u need the std specs  465 g , 400  , q-2,  6f16 clip in pos 2  , 50  465h 390 , q2 , 6f16  clip in pos 3 , 45 ,  both have #3 slides  ,  the first thing to do would be to buy new needle and needle jet as they wear , and the wear will be greater in different area,s  according to how the bike has been used ,if the bike has been used for trail riding it might be worn where the taper starts     and check the slide for wear as well, some people say (thanks rusty ) a leaner slide is of benifit , i have a #4 in mine ,makes it nice off the bottom ,  put a new float valve in it as well , a dg pipe might make a slight change ,perhaps u might have to lean it up one point, but i wouldn,t   ,tune shouldn,t change too much in different gears , what is the top end like ? check the base gasket , use rusty,s advise , make it wider around the transfer,s and use permatex , i can,t give u specs i,m using as it,s completly off the chart , big ports ect , float level , book says 27 mm  from carb body to float with arm just touching needle , does any one know the actual fuel level in the bowl like the way kawasaki uses ?

Offline Paddles

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 08:04:05 am »
i've leaned things up slightly on my 465G, i'm using a #380 main, 6F16 needle on the second clip and a #50 pilot. the needle jet is stock. i've got a stock pipe with no dings and an answer racing muffler. it seems to ride nicely with this but is a b@stard to start, i'm trying to fix this at the moment, i think i may not have "the knack".

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 10:45:18 am »
paddles jetting is spot on
but you have to run a 4.0 or 4.5 throttle valve  (slide)
find a spare slide and file down to correct cutaway otherwise use yours
this cleans up the bottom end
should start by 4 kicks cold 1 kick warm or hot
and check everything ims6201 said ;)

cheers rusty ;D
follow me to first turn

mico

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 06:49:15 pm »
thanks guys will have a play on the weekend see what happens also got new reeds on the way

squirtmoto

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:46:35 pm »
Also check your ignition timing, they are hard to start if its retarded too far, but be warned that if you advance it past standard timing they may start easy but kick back like a mother (and they produce less power). I have mine set .2mm retarded from std and it takes a few more kicks, but those that know my bike will tell you it's one of the quickest around. And contrary too all beleif it is stock std, .5mm O.S. DG pipe and muffler, Boyseen reeds, "loose" squish at 2mm and 2mm base gasket, this gives it a smooth and healthy bottom and mid range with no detonation :o
MJ 370
Pilot 48
Needle 6f16-3
4.5mm cutaway
1.5 T air screw