Author Topic: PRE 75 DAY AT NEPEAN  (Read 13819 times)

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
Re: PRE 75 DAY AT NEPEAN
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 10:54:32 pm »
Curly,you have to indicate whether your'e camping sat nite,(or not) on the entry form,
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Curly3

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 08:34:08 am »
Thanks Mick
I won't be riding this year as I'm only just getting back into things.
I intend to have a go next year when I have a bike ready so I'll just be a spectator this year.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 11:38:15 pm »
give the "club" a ring on 47214439 when it gets a bit closer to the meeting,pretty sure they just need an idea of numbers camping?

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:54 pm »
d'day all i'm back with our own old computer [these blokes dont know what old means], however i have been warned that this old fashioned 2001 model will fall off its perch and crash with permanent destruction at any time soon.  meanwhile my info re the nsw title event at nepean on the last weekend in august will see sliders mixed with others as per the m.o.ms. there are quite a few slider riders who are not necessarily top grade riders who are nervous about mixing lines  with riders on conventional style machines but would like to ride on this history making event. it appears that there is is a last ditch effort to to have a slider only race as a support event. of cause this does not preclude entry into the main events by slider riders and im sure some of this countries excellent performers will do just that. the weekend overall should be most enjoyable with some displays planned and the catered dinner at the track on the sat. night expected to see lots of faces from past adventures enjoying the camerarderry. the race calling on the day will be ably performed by old merrylands club member, racontour, and wit who has vast experience in all things connected with motorcycling, Lester Morris. Lester's experience in race calling at bathurst  oran park and various other locations including motocross will no doubt include many amusing annocdotes...unfortunately i wont be able to be present this year at the pre 75 two day event due to family committment and i may miss out on a ride at the nsw titles because my poor old slider has some sort of internal miss adventure which i may not be able to rectify in time.   cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2009, 09:56:26 pm »
My last ride at Nepean was an inter club meeting in approx 1980.
I was making a comeback from a bad get off at the Syd Showground in 1977.
I had a friends slider in the wrong gear out of the start and was last away, I went for the inside line into turn 1 when a guy on a YZ465 jumped on the anchors late and I was already going for the inside line and left with no where to go but clip his rear wheel and the collarbone flip.
In my opinion Sliders & MX bikes don't MIX.
Having said that,
In reality with time constraints they have to mix.
In the words of Chop.
Toughen the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF up.

Curly3

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 09:06:11 pm »
C'mon guys, who's going and what race number should I look for?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »
sent my entry in today
cr250
cz400 if finished
hagon 500

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 09:29:29 pm »
Keep the entries comin! What time do we have to be there Sat?

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »
uh oh ,entries close tommorrow,we all gunna be busy faxing  ::) #69

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2009, 11:10:48 pm »
hope I gave my fax no.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 09:23:42 pm »
Who is doing the 25 lapper on Saturday & what is your weapon of choice . Col Moody if you are reading his would like to see the big Maico out there !!!. No team racing this time. ;)

colmoody

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 09:14:59 am »
Grasy the plan at this stage is to get out to Nepean for a bit of a look on Sunday. If I dont see you their will catch up with you and the other member of Team Riverena at Barleigh Ranch.

Curly3

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 06:23:00 pm »
Does anyone know if Darryl & Lyndal Buttler are still involved with early DT stuff?
I have seen the name Dave Buttler riding Superbikes and think it was more than likely they're son.

colmoody

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 08:25:31 pm »
Curly, your right he is there son. The last time I saw Daryl and his wife was at Eastern Creek maybe 2 or 5 years ago. At the time the young bloke was riding a Gulf Western Oil sponsored GSXR1000 Suzuki and was going ok.

You obviously know/remember them. I have'nt met there son but have many memorys of Lyndall pushing Daryl's Hagon Bullie around the pits at various Dirt Track meetings in the late sixtys to early/mid seventys. They were both real clubmen back then and I'm sure they still are. Would be good if they both make it to Nepean next weekend.

Curly3

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 09:32:19 pm »
Great people, dedicated Dirt Trackers.
Darryl's dad was also named Dave and was a good friend of my fathers.
Darryl spent some time in the Old Dart on Grasstrack and was heavily involved with the Fairfield club along with my cousins Kenny & Laurie, both original Sidecar Boy's. There is a chance they will be at Nepean this weekend as well.
Should be a fair bit of B.S. flowing on Sat night.