Author Topic: Rickman engine choice  (Read 13513 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rickman engine choice
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 07:24:30 am »
Hey Marc... I have a road racing friend who could do with my Ducati motor so if you do decide to use another engine in your Metisse, do you want to sell your B44 engine?

Shit Mark I thought you were suggesting swapping a Taglioni time bomb for for Birmingham's finest.  ;D

Actually I want to build it up with Performance engineering clutch and main shaft, apparently eliminating the flex from the gearbox shafts helps the 4 speed a lot.... go figure.

I think re powering old frames with any motor that's surplus and available is cool, isn't that what CCM, Rickman and Cheney were doing.

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 01:01:54 pm »
Here's another Enfield..this time back in 1955. While I admit that an Enfield isn't the hot ticket to the winners podium, is that the be all and end all of competing in that particular class? Above all classes I regard the pre 65 as a living history lesson about our sport and competing on a bike that represents a period when they had to build their bikes from left overs and old road bikes is more important in my eyes than building a methanol powered 750 Triumph Metisse full of Cosworth pistons and billet crank and non period KTM wheels.(as some are attempting to do)....all stuff not representetive of what the class was about back then. 

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2009, 04:21:03 pm »
building a methanol powered 750 Triumph Metisse full of Cosworth pistons and billet crank and non period KTM wheels.

sounds cool when will have it running  ;D

bike that cleaned up in the UK this year was B44 Cheney, NEB 3 speed and clutch, methanol, carillo rod, omega piston, but the rest of the motor was completely original.... well apart from the interspan ignition.
All completely legal,

but your right Firko, putting that much firepower against the really old clankers is not what its about, if you are going to produce a bike that goes that hard then enjoy it against similar bikes not use it to decimate pre 65.
formerly Marc.com

Offline big mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2009, 05:58:02 pm »
Nice Enfield metisse out of the uk.[/img]

Offline big mac

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2009, 06:12:21 pm »
lets try again

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2009, 06:29:11 pm »
have we all lost the plot :D
"flat bickie"

firko

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 11:22:10 pm »
It seems that there are some wretched souls out there that don't thing Enfields are a W.O.F.T.A.M.  8)

Oggy Doggy

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:44 am »
I've got a 650 Metisse coming and have loved them since first sitting on Gavin Martinis beautiful red bike. I was hoping to have it here for CD6 but Firkos shipping mate has stuffed me around a bit. I guess next year will do it. My uncle rode a genuine pom Enfield Bullet 350 for 20 years before he sold it and bought a bloody Sigma. He still regrets that moment of madness to this day, even in his 80s.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2009, 10:28:43 pm »
My uncle rode a genuine pom Enfield Bullet 350 for 20 years before he sold it and bought a bloody Sigma.

much under rated vehicle, superior in every sense to a Royal Enfield.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2009, 05:09:58 pm »
err made my choice and bought T100 pre unit
formerly Marc.com