Author Topic: Viper at Ravonswood today  (Read 9281 times)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Viper at Ravonswood today
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »
So what's the story Jimmy?  Did you get that big Maico up front or what?   :)

Had a blast mate, got second in the first race, but there was a bit of pinball goin on in that race, i tried a bit of speedway up the inside of the uphill fast sweeper on the first lap and clipped the tyre wall with my right hand... it threw me straight across the track into a guy on a jap bike.. i know why they make jap bikes now... to keep european bikes on the track ;D i didnt know who it was to go apologise too :-[

i took a dirt sample in the firs pre85 race after t-boning an RM500 that i was trying to get around coming onto the straight, he got all out of shape and i had nowhere to go. i ended up going down and hurt my hand and tested out the strenght of the recently healed shoulder! that was my day done as like most of us, we have work first thing this morning and didnt want to make it worse than it was.
Bring on monza, had a ball yesterday on that mighty maico ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 08:55:54 PM by mxmaniac »
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 06:29:33 PM »
Andrew Hill, trophy hunter.......

please explain....

how did he go.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 06:31:57 PM »
Good to see you at Ravenswood Maico Girl. You obviously are a well travelled spectator of VMX, how do you think Viper stacks up against Heaven & the other VMX codes in Australia  ??? And, can you also enlighten us to the public showing of affection between yourself & that cute little Montesa girl in your pit area  ;D ;D

Mr Maico #54

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 06:42:12 PM »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »

maico girl

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »
Good to see you at Ravenswood Maico Girl. You obviously are a well travelled spectator of VMX, how do you think Viper stacks up against Heaven & the other VMX codes in Australia  ??? And, can you also enlighten us to the public showing of affection between yourself & that cute little Montesa girl in your pit area  ;D ;D

Mr Maico #54
Yes. Nice to meet yoiu Mr and Misses Maico. being as well travelled as i am i see many such motocross races. However in homeland of Bulgaria what you people call vintage motocross, we call modern.  ???
Whilst waiting for new hesband Mr Paul to show up at the airport, I travel to many parts of Oztrailer to watch such events. I very lucky now that Mr Ross lease out chicken coup to me in return for bouncy-bouncy so I go to first Viper meating at Ravenswood. Holly Goats. Cars and bikes as far as eyes can see!! Many many sleek Evolution and Pre 85 bikes! Full starting gates! Ground shake like Bulgarian netball team coming off at half time when start gate drop! Best racing I see in these country by a mile. Many heppy faces and much laugh. No body bitch about size of shafts or lubrication.
You not even bring a flagpersons with you! As soon as I strap three Mega 2's together, I go VIPER RACING!! Yay. Much fun!
PS - Maico Girl have no affections for species of same sex (however I see some pretty cute goat since arriving in Ozzy). :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 07:05:08 PM by maico girl »

All Things 414

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 07:01:43 PM »
Andrew Hill, trophy hunter.......

please explain....

how did he go.

I'm sure he walked away with four trophys under his arm. Hurricane Hilly's blowin' a storm! ;)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:46 PM »
thats great

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 07:47:34 PM »
Congratulations to the Bendigo mcc and Viper committee, what an awesome meeting.
Had a blast on my 79 KX250, first time out racing the bike since resto.

All Things 414

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
Yes indeedy. It went well, unfortunetly there were a lot of fellas going weller. I thought my day was over when it started to cough and splutter on the last lap of a race and it died right on the finish line (I pushed it across for the points). However Steve (VIPER 42) pointed out that a wire had come off the Motoplat  ??? and she was crackin' again in no time! Cranking the compression up on those shocks seems to have stopped the stoppers getting a flogging and all is good in the suspension dept Walter.  :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:13:31 PM by All Things 414 »

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 08:49:41 PM »
Yes indeedy. It went well, unfortunetly there were a lot of fellas going weller. I thought my day was over when it started to cough and splutter on the last lap of a race and it died right on the finish line (I pushed it across for the points). However Maico Steve pointed out that a wire had come off the Motoplat  ??? and she was crackin' again in no time! Cranking the pre-load up on those shocks seems to have stopped the stoppers getting a flogging and all is good in the suspension dept Walter.  :)

i observed your 2nd evo 300+ race rossco, u were killin it! you end up 2nd in that one?

All Things 414

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »
Yes second. I finished very close behind Simon Healy. About ten minutes :-[ ......

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 09:19:05 PM »
you guys crack me up was this the
maico nationals ;D ;D
did the maicos win
who was tearing it up ???
come on more information :o
follow me to first turn

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25:31 PM »
Yes second. I finished very close behind Simon Healy. About ten minutes :-[ ......

thats not a bad margin considering.. i finished 2nd to him in the 1st one. I had him insight though..... :-\ about 3 straights over! :D
he is fit, fast and determined, got to hand it too him, he dont do things in halves. Unlike me, never do anything in full.. i like to be different ;D

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »
it was Team Healy Kawasaki doin the business as usual. Hopefully there will be more competition for him in the near futue to make for some good racing!
 I was on a maico, but certainly not tearin it up, just out there having fun! first race in over 12months on it