Author Topic: Anyone bought Xtreme YZ stuff?  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Anyone bought Xtreme YZ stuff?
« on: April 18, 2009, 08:16:33 pm »
I'm wanting to buy some stuff for my YZ250G resto, and XYZ seem to have some good plastics and a few other odds and ends that I need. Has anyone bought stuff from them? What are the plastics like? Are they good to deal with?

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone bought Xtreme YZ stuff?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 08:20:02 pm »
NO, they are not good to deal with!!, communication os almost impossible I have most of what you need here Graham, and what I dont have Les at mainly maico will have.

BONEHEAD

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 08:53:13 pm »
hey what ya got then i need side plates for me 250 g if you have them please pm with price and brand.cheers bonehead. ;D

Offline crossedup2

• B-Grade
  • Never enough shed time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 10:08:32 pm »
Graeme

A little birdy told me recently that Yamaha still sell "g" and "h" plastics and there fairly reasonable in price.
Memory is a bit dusted but $30 odd dollars for a rear OEM guard was the story I heard. They might still have the other plastics.

Worth asking!!!

PB
Anything Yamaha. AT1, CT1 (X3), RT1, DT3 (x3), YZ125X,  YZ250E, YZ400D, IT175E, IT250H, XR500RC . Always looking for Pre 78 Yamaha stuff....

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:31:55 am »
Graham,
Go to the end of the "DC Plasics" thread, might be of some help to you.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 02:21:23 pm »
Graeme

A little birdy told me recently that Yamaha still sell "g" and "h" plastics and there fairly reasonable in price.
Memory is a bit dusted but $30 odd dollars for a rear OEM guard was the story I heard. They might still have the other plastics.

Worth asking!!!

PB

Rear guard has be supersceded to the S~W type. Very close but not the same as the original G/H guard.

Front guards are a similar story, but don't know what they've be supersceded to. If its the K~W type, then that would be OK, but if its the 'arrow head' 1990s type, then Yuck.

Be very interested to hear if G/H side plates are still available genuine - I doubt it, because there's been some NOS parts change hands for serious money, and I really doubt that the buyers have ALL forgotten to check with their local dealer...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 05:03:52 pm »
I was chasing a "E" front for someone o/s and they where supersceded to the j-u or there abouts

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 06:10:04 pm »
I was chasing a "E" front for someone o/s and they where supersceded to the j-u or there abouts

Buy it from Scott W.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 06:28:20 pm »
Maier apparently have new tooling for G-H model side plates, I am told they will be rather expensive but much, much better than previous items, Last pair of NOS G/H side plates I sold (Yellow)were to Scott Wilson for $750, Last set I purchased (White) were US$750 from Leif Sundrin.

J onwards fronts and rear guards are available at Yamaha which fit fine look correct even though they may be slightly modified from originals,  there is absolutely no use getting anal over parts for bikes you are going to ride as you can take a mega dollar NOS part and make it worth shit in an instant.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:33:43 pm by E74 »

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 06:46:29 pm »

A n.o.s. one came by the way of the Yamaha "dead stock list" always worth asking your spare parts guy to check that.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 07:06:32 pm »
i bought a new nos G model YZ250 rear guard off yammy australia about 2 year ago for $48..
i nearly shat myself when he said theres some still in stock...
just ask your local dealer next time you call in...
you might get a surprise... :)   

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 07:18:42 pm »
i bought a new nos G model YZ250 rear guard off yammy australia about 2 year ago for $48..
i nearly shat myself when he said theres some still in stock...
just ask your local dealer next time you call in...
you might get a surprise... :)   

Was it a real G one, or a S/T/U one?
As I said above, I'm happy with the later stuff on my G+ bikes - I'm just interested to know if you got the actual G part.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 07:33:23 pm »
yes it was a g model part 3r4...
i actually ordered a front and a rear fender for a h model 4v3......
but i got a G rear and a yz490J front....
but anyway i was happy with that....
still got the original G front fender anyways... :)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 07:58:54 pm »
I've only been waiting a few months for my XYZ stuff >:(.  He may be a nice bloke, but he know SFA about running a business  >:( >:(
Come on VMX plastics get your shit together and get the G and H plastics underway.  The rest of the world is not helping us out.  If I had the contacts I would make the damn things myself.  In fact I am so over the crap service I continually get I am thinking of starting my own business for vintage YZ folk.
I too would recommend leaving this goose alone, but sadly there is no real alternative at present.  Its looking very muh like my lovingly restored 250H will have no side covers 'cause of this bloke - not happy.

Spleen vented - I feel better now  ::)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 08:02:10 pm »
Tony, did you get the manifold? did you like/hate it?

As I said Maier have just finnished new tooling for g/h sideplates, ring Les at Mainly Maico and he will fill you in with the details.