Author Topic: Anyone bought Xtreme YZ stuff?  (Read 5733 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone bought Xtreme YZ stuff?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 08:09:40 pm »
Yes I did thanks Darren.  Not sure if I love it or not yet.  WTF is 5X6 and did it originally have a boost bottle ?  Looks to be coated in epoxy or something - is that how you got it.
Anyway mate - I don't mean to sound unthankful at all 'cause this thing you've sent me may just be the difference between her going and not.  You are a legend mate - Coronas are on the way ;D ;D.

Anyone any photos of the Maiers stuff?  I will give Les a call and maybe tell XYZ to GF himself.

Thanks again mate -look forward to meeting you face to face at CD6
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

BONEHEAD

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 08:43:55 pm »
E74 , how do you know abot the new tooling ,are they lifting there game? come on vmx plasics lift yours we need g/h  stuff. hey 250H WHAT YA RECKON ;D CHEERS bonehead ;D

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 09:11:11 pm »
I discussed it with Les from Mainly Maico last week, he said that they were MUCH MUCH better but a fair bit more expensive,

I have discussed injection moulding them with Scott Wilson, his suggestion to me was that I invest with him in moulds to make the side plates, from my experience (and I have plenty in dealing with plastics and China) we would be throwing $20,000 at them :-\ and that just tooling, QA trips to china to check quality, Fedex bills galore to examine off tool samples, ship the tooling to Australia for Scott to set up, and thats befrore we make one set for sale!

How many of you reckon we would make a profit on them and how long would it take?...I say Fark it as
I still have four NOS sets for G/H and two for F Models and that will see me out.(None for sale,.don't even go there)

I just hope that Maier get this one together because they are really needed and every Honda Part I have that has been made by them is Awsome,...Go Figgure.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 09:14:43 pm »
Yes I did thanks Darren.  Not sure if I love it or not yet.  WTF is 5X6 and did it originally have a boost bottle ?  Looks to be coated in epoxy or something - is that how you got it.

Haha, Its of an YZ490J don't worry it will bolt straight on, they should be exacly the same, the poly urathane coating was on it when I got it however it looks sound from the inside so I presume its OK, let me know.