Poll

Regarding allowing pre-90 racing:

I am a HEAVEN member and think it is a good idea.
18 (17.3%)
I am a HEAVEN member and I don't have a strong opinion.
3 (2.9%)
I am a HEAVEN member and I don't like it.
27 (26%)
I'm not a HEAVEN member, but I think it's a good idea.
37 (35.6%)
I'm not a HEAVEN member, but I think it is a bad idea
19 (18.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Pre-90 for HEAVEN?  (Read 55614 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-90 for HEAVEN?
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2007, 08:38:16 pm »
NSW VMX is forked up for a whole heap of reasons - tradiationally, the HEAVEN committee wears this blame, but there's a truck load more to it than that.
Magoo and I seem to always find ways to disagree despite ourselves, but I mostly agree with his last post.

Like so many before me, I'm now choosing to bury my head in the sand and just race what I want, when I feel like it. This way, I'm not empowering any lobby group, nor am I inadvertantly making myself a target (this is quite seperate from the times I knowingly make myself a target... ;) ).

The politics, the forum bickering, and the snide comments can all go f#$k themselves - I'll still be around, riding and occasionally racing my 1969 to 1989 model bikes regardless of the rest of it.

If the many factions can pull their heads in, and accept the others' point of view, I'll be there with a ton of enthusiasm and a big silly grin.

(Another couple of beers and I might post what I really think...).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

magoo

« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2007, 08:57:01 pm »
I can't believe it, me and my mate Nath are in total agreement. Seriously, I agree 100% with everything you said. Getting everyone to pull in the same direction might be difficult but not impossible, the future of the sport in N.S.W. depends on it. It really isn't that complicated.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2007, 10:49:49 pm »
this is not a mess,
constitutional changes happen very easily as you have just witnessed,
at this point the silent majority adopted the proposal to drop the 15 year old bike tag which was  a moving target,
this is not the end of the story.
this year I have ridden in all the heaven events ,
 pre75 at Nepean,
Jack hogg classic,
Coffs nationals,
Unfortunately have not been able to sample interstate events,

Ive enjoyed them all and don't take any of them that seriously,
(for Christ's sake sometimes I race a postie bike)
the Void is not that big.
I must be missing something?
maybe I need an attitude :)
Noel
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 10:55:41 pm by Noel »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2007, 06:42:03 am »
to be confined with a "constitution" is most of your problems. why so offical at a low level?

in Vic we don't have one its a totally different format, we are a register not a club. therefore riders must be a member of an affilliated MA club to handle the legal crap and let MA squezze dollars out of us. a host club runs the meeting at their track and provide flagies an VIPER organise the classes and other stuff.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2007, 08:14:30 am »
Thanks for that reply Hoony,
That is a useful  post ,
Learning  how other people are able to do what they do,

Anyone from QLD able to shed some light as to how us NSW people
seem to think you have got it more right than us.
Cheers
Noel

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2007, 08:51:44 pm »
this is not a mess,
constitutional changes happen very easily as you have just witnessed,

Ive enjoyed them all and don't take any of them that seriously,
the Void is not that big.
I must be missing something?
maybe I need an attitude :)
Noel

Dunno if this reply was directed more to myself or to Magoo, but assuming it was me, I guess I was mostly expressing frustration by the widespread tendency among the NSW 'stake holders'  ::) to divide ourselves into factions.
"We" seem to be keen to get so tangled up in the nuts and bolts and the politics, that we forget the big picture.
 ???

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

squirtmoto

« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2007, 11:00:51 pm »
Here's an idea boys! stop racing for sheep stations and race for the love of it! don't get all anal if some guy shows up on a YZ400D with an ally swing arm to ride in pre-78. Stop trying to separate the "pitts" from the paddock(show me in the GCR's about a closed pitt policy!). I can't remember when I saw someone loose a finger because the gap between the swing-arm and sprocket was more that 15mm and it had no cover!! Lighten up you bunch of anal retentive dicks before it's too late!! you wanna know why we ahave it so good up here? We go with the flow, ride for the fun, no points, no trophies! just mates riding with mates!! try it you'll like it.

husky61

« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2007, 11:55:44 am »
Well put Bill

There certainly are many currents to navigate in the NSW VMX environment , i guess a lot of the issues are related to limiting your liability as an organiser or club , but having said that , many people take the environment (racing that is ) way to seriously .

Certainly the QLD VMX environment is much more friendly and relaxed

It would appear that many of the organisers are quite gun shy and take the most convenient way out of making firm decisions by allowing motions and votes on quite irrelivent issues. At this stage that's how it is and perhaps this left of middle management style may remain. If people have a comfort factor with that style so be it . This may not be conducive to an entirely  comfortable environment for many people but as we all know you cannot satisfy everybody.

In respect to meetings , volume certainly does not sustitute for quality . This year thankfully there has been a wide selection events from alternate clubs to compensate for this fact

Now , if racers/riders of the present or past wish not to ride for any reason , thats there perogative and others  should respect there rights to do what ever they please with out comment. They certainly do not what half glib comments from minorities or whoever  may wish to join some of these half ass discussions. If they want to come they will come and you certainly will not see many of them posting there comments on forum sites.

The overriding great thing that relates to VMX is the wide variety of choice in respect events to ride and the mix of people involved.

Having experienced the interstate VMX environments , its quite obvious that the interstate groups particularly the QLD / VICS have hit on a great combination in respect to running fun and very efficent race meetings. (Not Sure about WA and we will find out about Tas next year.)

There are many factors governing the declining numbers at meetings across the board and certainly the ageing demographic and decline in fun would be high on the list. We certainly met NSW riders in QLD this year that we have not seen at NSW meetings this year.

Now , having said all that we feel that this whole topic has been beat up and certainly over cooked , as Bill stated , ease up and make it more fun over -all and may-be the attraction will return to those who have drifted away or if you feel that the environment is OK as it is do nothing.

Thats the great thing about living in a democratic society .

These comments are not directed at individuals and are formed from observations though out many riding season.

(PS: Personally , i can take it or leave its  no big deal) but is a shame to know that many angry machines and most of all very competitive riders lay dorment though out the community.  Its all about choice.

(PS:Bill , I had forgotten about the Closed pit's thing , that was funny ) Cheers Rob.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:44 pm »
Pre 90 is awsome down in Vic, It gives the pre 85 guys an extra ride too.. All systems go, let everyone have a ball!! 
Maico's, the only way to go.

oz555ktm

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2007, 08:59:35 pm »
But Don't the Viper Club only have Evo Pre 85  and Now Pre 90 .

So thats only a 10 year window 1979 to 1989

The A.C.T will Only Go Pre 1988 next year .

No U.S.D Forks

No Rear Disc Brake

Must Be O M E 

98% of members surveyed Sided Pre 90 was too New Yet ...

husky61

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2007, 08:09:10 am »

Pre 90 is coming to a property near you soon. Stay tuned to this channel , welll be back after this short summer break.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2007, 12:02:25 pm »
But Don't the Viper Club only have Evo Pre 85  and Now Pre 90

VIPER has several Pre 80 classes, a Pre 78 class, two Pre 85 classes and Pre 90. It works very well in my opinion.

Tex

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2010, 12:29:28 am »
Thread from the dead!

So... nearly three years on, does anyone have anything new to add?

I'm up to three pre-90 bikes (and four parts bikes), with another on its way.  :-X
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:47:18 am by Nathan S »

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2010, 10:55:17 pm »
yer magoo lives forever!!

Offline Turtle.Inc

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2010, 07:18:49 am »
Thread from the dead!

So... nearly three years on, does anyone have anything new to add?

I'm up to three pre-90 bikes (and four parts bikes), with another on its way.  :-X

Would you or others who comment on these pages to running a pre 90 class attend more events if a Pre 90 class was introduced. meh thinks not ::).

If anyone who is passionate about introducing pre 90 wants to stick there hand up for a committee position next year, now is the time to start thinking about it.

I have no opinion either way about pre90 and will adjust to whatever way the current or future committees sees fit to run the events.

If pre 90 is introduced, I will just go out and buy a pre 90 bike and ride if thats what majority of members want
Always looking for Maico parts/bikes, cash paid