Author Topic: MR175  (Read 6878 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: MR175
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 08:04:17 am »
i have a mr250 motor similar to 75/76 cr250 gearing like a it yamaha not the same as cr or mt

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 08:04:17 am »
.........thanks Doc, but I've got four of the buggars now, what I really need is an original headlight, taillight and speedo.........the real unobtainium.
   At the moment I'm fitting all the gear from one of them to a '77 CR frame so I can get a bit more height,for my 6' 3" , its like riding a mini bike  ;D ;D ;D

Roger

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 09:28:44 am by YUMASTEPSIDE »

Offline YUMASTEPSIDE

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 03:01:02 pm »
..........two days to go, no bids.......wrong colour, wrong taillight, crook seat, no side plates, too much money >:( >:( >:(

Roger

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 07:20:24 pm »
Went over to my mate's place (I mentioned him earlier in the thread) to check out some of his bikes. The MR175 project hasn't progressed much in build terms, but he's been slowly gathering more parts. I think he started collecting NOS parts about 10-15 years ago, and he has a bit of a treasure trove all intended to go into restoring his MRs. He has one which will be a garage queen, and one that'll be a rider.

I don't think there's much he hasn't got so the garage queen bike will be as good as new when it's finished. I've asked him to send me the pics when it gets done so we can all have a look.

I don't think too many people dig the little MR, but in my book it's a brilliant little jigger. They looked pretty damned cool for a Jap enduro bike of the time (76/77 or so I think).

If anyone else has restored one of these it'd be great to see some piccies on here!

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 08:50:17 pm »
Well, if anyones interested I am about to list a 1977 MR175 on evilbay. It has the original tail-light, speedo and headlight ;D, replica seat cover, original guards and controls with new dust covers. Tank is tidy and is MINT inside. New Uni airfilter. Its a rider but needs bearings etc. Generally very original and doesn't look bad at all.
Also comes with a spare engine, 2 new spoke kits, 2 pairs new brake shoes, spare frame, new c/s sprocket, 2 pairs of forks and a factory workshop manual.
Pics can be provided (once I get a moment of daylight!).
  $1600 gets it.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!