Author Topic: Maico Jersey  (Read 9121 times)

Ji Gantor

Re: Maico Jersey
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2009, 01:29:21 pm »
Does this avatar make everybody happy.

Please let me know as I do not want to offend anybody.
This should be a place where restorers, racers and garage curators find like minded people not a grassy knoll for snipers.

Ji

Ji Gantor

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2009, 01:33:19 pm »
OH Hornet.

Ji

Ji Gantor

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2009, 02:05:09 pm »
Hi Hornet,
When this posting started Fish and chips down loaded my image of my jersey and photoshopped it to show his company name and web address. He then removed it before .... I don't know why, may be he was worried about copyrights or something.

I got a laugh out of it.

Ji

Maico31

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2009, 02:13:53 pm »
Ji old mate what i am saying is that the standard of track that the Sunshine Coast motorcycle club prepare for a title event or a big open meeting is fantastic. They have always put in a big effort with track preparation and watering of the track for several days before hand unless there is a drought of course. It's not normally hard packed and dusty like the event you were at and you can never be sure which jumps they will use other than drunks hill. OK back to your jerseys...

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2009, 02:30:47 pm »
AND                          NOT A SUZUKI FOOT PEG IN SIGHT  ;D

Ji Gantor

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2009, 02:48:25 pm »
Hi Maico31,
I would never condemn those fine people that allow us to ride on Green Park. I feel it is the ultimate privilege to ride on that hallow ground. I have loved that track and the people that prepare it since I was a little boy. My comment about the dust was based on the conditions during a VMX two day race meet. I have watched the Pro boys race at Green Park for many years and some times they also have to deal with the dust. At Tamborine last year when I won one race and came second in two more races the dust was not a problem but when I came 3rd and 4th the dust was not good and a bit dangerous ( this is not a complaint against the QVMX organisers they did a great job ).

The track will change, the weather will change I was just trying to help Western Australians who may not have seen the track before get an idea of what they were in for. I believe they ride in sand a lot and if they come over here expecting sand they may be in for a shock. Coolum would be more like what they are used to. If we give them the heads up they can set up their bikes for it. The double jump I spoke of "Drunks Jump" is a jump designed for modern bikes with heaps of suspension RIGHT the members I was addressing have pre 75 bikes with what, say 3 inches of travel. Best they know now I think.
On a Maico 490 1981 EVO with heaps of travel Drunks Jump would be fun. Not so on a bike with 3 inches of travel.

As Queenslanders we should be helping our interstate brothers and sisters come to terms with this fine track. If they dislike the track because they did not set up for it they will not want to come back and others may get hurt.

Please add to my description of Green Park and with all your 30 years of racing experience on it, rather than questioning my words. After all ever person in a race is important to our sport and every person in a race from the front to the back has to face different track conditions.

These replies may seem harsh but I have passed being nice to forum members that cast a shadow over my words. Members that should be helping answer questions or adding to an answer rather than sniping others. From now on expect what you give.

That said, Maico31 I really respect you and your opinion and can not wait to talk more about racing, Maicos and a like. I know you did not mean to invoke these postings and I know you mean well.

Ji

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 03:51:57 pm by Ji Gantor »

Ji Gantor

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:45 pm »
Hi Hornet,
I would have to see an image of your bottom to be able to pass judgemnet  on your thoughts.
"Just hope my bum doesent look to big in them"

Ji

Ji Gantor

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2009, 03:22:22 pm »
Hi Fish and Chips,
Very nice Photoshop work.

Ji

maico girl

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2009, 03:27:09 pm »
nothing better than a shopping for clothes thread

Ji Gantor

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2009, 03:45:43 pm »
Hi Maico Girl,

Well said !

I just have to buy when a Maico product gets caught in my web.

Ji

Ji Gantor

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 04:35:07 pm »
Hi Fish and Chips,

You spelt my name wrong, it is Gantor not Gaintor.
Lol

Jimmy Sparks is going to have a fit.

Ji
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:16:25 pm by Ji Gantor »

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 04:57:38 pm »
just a quick bit on conondale generally i have a lot to do
with track setup it will be vintage friendly but still good for evo and pre 85 8)
the jump you are talking about on drunks hill will be filled in so slower
or older bikes etc can just plop on top and accc away
and the later models can clear it like normal cool 8)
its not that bad i jump it on my 72 xl honda with 4 inches of travel
(its all in the landing) ;) with no problemo
and the track for the nats will be prepped like a mr mx or thumper nats metting
so it will be great  we have a 40 rider gate start
it will be a metting not to miss ;D

maico tops never see um i think they are usually behind me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) :o
follow me to first turn

Ji Gantor

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 05:09:58 pm »
Hi Holeshot Buddy,
Thanks Mate.

I am sure you guys and gals are going to do a great job with the track.
In fact I will probably volunteer to help with what ever is needed.

I landed a few times last year in between Drunks Jump because I could not get the momentum out of the last turn to clear it and boy was it hard. You will have to teach me how you land it.

40 Bike start, I said I think there is 30 but I did not count them. That's great, more places for more racers.

The track was great last year and your helpers did a terrific job from track prep to sign on.

Keep up the good work.
Ji

Ji Gantor

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 05:21:55 pm »
Hi Fish and Chips,
Don't bother It is fine.

Your Photoshop work is very good.

Ji

Maico31

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 05:43:18 pm »
You guys finally got some decent avatars.. I'm impressed!