Author Topic: Montesa Cappra 250 VR  (Read 13360 times)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Montesa Cappra 250 VR
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 04:17:43 pm »
You can bet he's some scamming prick in some far away land. Indonesia, China, Russia, Tasmania ??? All the same shitbags !!!

I bid on and won an old BMW R69S for $10000AU - a bargain you say?

The 'seller' never replied to my emails during the auction. Strange I thought, but maybe he'd gone away or was ill. Won the auction and still no contact - now that puzzled me.

Soooo - got the 'seller's' name from the ebay information page and guess what - it was some poor old coot at Dapto Rail who hadn't had bikes in years ???

Next thing I received a friendly email requesting me to send EFT payment to a Barclay Bank in Charring Cross UK and transport would be arranged for free.

A couple of GET forkED YOU SCAMMING PRICK emails later and I felt much better and bought another Maico to help get over the 'trauma' lol !!!

Bottom line is ebay is FULL of bottom feeders and shitbags, ever a lot of the sellers are turds esp in the US.

As for that VR - how else do you reckon it could develop 300bhp - the head MUST be on back the front to crank out that sort of power LMFAO !!!

Regarding the wet look - would you sell a $9500 bike without washing it - why it was so dirty he even washed that awful black dirt off head and cases !!! WTF ???

As for the asking price? $9500 !!!???

Tell im he's dreamin !!!

Dave Mac  :-\
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 04:40:37 pm »
that can't be ross's brain.

its a complete one without lobotomy scars  ;D

Now whose's being cheeky?!  ;D

Yeah OK, its a hot day and I'm bored shit-less inside where its cool.
I'm stir crazy today big time.

in retrospect my posts probably only amuse myself 95% of the time
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

runutz698

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 06:02:17 pm »
I with hoony 60deg  Cel. in the shed and in the middle of melbourne it hit 47.2Deg Cel. so that makes us the hottest place on earth apparently. So inside air con on and not moving, I think alot of people have the same idea looking at the recent posts

Cheers
Tom

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2009, 05:34:56 pm »
I'm ith you there Hoony, this type of scam where your supposed to forward extra money on to an agent is a common one. Jared you could have had a lot of fun with this one and kept yourself amused clicky liny thingy here or another clicky here best is ask them where to send the money gram to download a fake one and send it about a days travel away.They'll go there to ;D
Nothing to do with the VR
Jesus only loves two strokes

runutz698

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2009, 10:39:32 am »
Hey Jared,

just to let you know the fedral police here are looking into this scamer, they have all sorts of things rock up at the norcal rd adress everything right up to a full motorcycle in a create, so I think he has fooled a few people. Jared E-mail me all the info you have and I will run it around to lady who I spoke to and she will forward it to the poilce. She said it has been going on for 12mths. She said they have hundreds of parcels there adressed to Colin, All I can say is WOW that is a big scam.

Cheers
Tom

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2009, 10:51:48 am »
i dont get it , if the goods are sent there and 12months worth and he isnt collecting them whats the point ? 

unless he is just doing it for a laugh, whats the point of paying with a scammed card, actually getting the goods sent but never collect them ?   

maybe he is just a disgrunted  and now works for aussie post and gets paid by the deliveries he makes.   ;D
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2009, 01:32:09 pm »
Here are the e-mails in order..
Hello Sales
i would like to order some product from your store to mine in australia .so let me know if can ship down to australia so that i can email you the product i am interested in.also payment will be done via credit card details if you do accept that let me know so that i can place my order and the Items will be picked Up by my shipping Company at you store , please Get back to me so that i can email you the items i am interested .

address:21/49 Norcal Road Nunawading, Victoria Australia 3131
Phone (+61 ) 9873 7677 Fax (+61 ) 9873 7655

Thanks
Collin Oakley
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thank for your email,I would like to proceed with my order via email,here is what i will like to order  to My store

1,Pro Form Racing VR/V75/VA exhaust pipe
Qty:3

2,Repro VE/VF white fiberglass side panels
Qty:7

3,OEM 79 thru 81' VE, VF, VG rear fender
Qty:7

will like you to get back to me with the total cost of the order and please do not include the Shipping Cost because the items will be picked up by our shipping Agent .kindly get back to me if this items is in stock because i do not want any delay on this.

Regards
Collin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
I'm ready to pay the bills send me an invoice via email and i will email you my Credit Card. But i just got a response from my shipping Agent that he cannot receive payment via credit or debit card from me at the moment. So i want you to help me Charge another $650.00 to a shipping agent who is going to  pick up my ordered items from you and Some of Our Items Order in Canada.

The $650.00 that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping of my order plus other items i ordered from different countries which will be deduct from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of $150.00 for the transfer fee and for your efforts.. Please note that i should have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to  charge or debit credit card,so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray  the vote of confidence i put in you, so i want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the  charges and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer  to the agent via western union.i will have love to do this my self but there no western union here around me,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:

Order Fee ($1210.00)
Agent fee with shipping fare  ($650.00)
Transfer Fee plus Your Compensation ($150.00)
Total:($2010.00)

Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above.Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can forward my credit card details to you , then you can charge full amount and transfer the agent funds to him via western union or money gramm.

await to read from you if you can assit me .
Collin

mx250

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2009, 02:38:25 pm »
Hey Jared,

just to let you know the fedral police here are looking into this scamer, they have all sorts of things rock up at the norcal rd adress everything right up to a full motorcycle in a create, so I think he has fooled a few people. Jared E-mail me all the info you have and I will run it around to lady who I spoke to and she will forward it to the poilce. She said it has been going on for 12mths. She said they have hundreds of parcels there adressed to Colin, All I can say is WOW that is a big scam.

Cheers
Tom
Eh!!! Call me dumm ;) but what's the point, where's the scam, where's the pay off? Pissing people off, inconvenience them and then not collecting the booty???? If this scam has been in place 12 months why hasn't this card been canceled?

This scam ( ???) seems stranger then fiction to me :-[.

runutz698

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2009, 02:58:15 pm »
I think it is a backfire of the prank when he can't get the forwards to pick up ect. Like mmm it works but doesn't go to where he chooses, It goes to the fake adress here in melbourne. Apperntly he has gotten away with thousands of dollars work of stuff, she also has phone calls after the event asking for other forms of payment after people find out the card is stolen.

Hey Jared can I tell the people your company name encase the Police want to talk to you or something??

Cheers
Tom

mx250

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2009, 03:41:32 pm »
I think it is a backfire of the prank when he can't get the forwards to pick up ect. Like mmm it works but doesn't go to where he chooses, It goes to the fake adress here in melbourne. Apperntly he has gotten away with thousands of dollars work of stuff, she also has phone calls after the event asking for other forms of payment after people find out the card is stolen.

Hey Jared can I tell the people your company name encase the Police want to talk to you or something??

Cheers
Tom
Thanks, that is something of an explanation but gees, it's a lot of work to earn a dishonest dollar. He gets all that gear from Jared and on sells it to who? and for how much? and take how long? And how traceable is it? Whats the chances of selling to someone in the Montesa faternity - and been dobbed in? The thief would be better off earning an honest buck.

So whats the conclusion, is he probably an Australian or a yank?  or two working together?

Why hasn't the card been canceled? Multiple cards?

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2009, 04:28:06 pm »
 ::) It's the overpayment scam. This is how it works

transfer the agent funds to him via western union or money gramm.

So you transfer the overpayment via Western Union to 'somehere' and that is how they make money, FFS the don't want old bike parts they just want the money.On the scambaiter site you can download fake Western Union money grams, then ask them where to send it then say you stuffed up and send it to a far away (but not to far) office when they get there THEY find out it's a fake. The person will either be in Nigeria or Eastern Europe. Teh operation is 'franchised' with underlings doing the work and 'mugu's' who run the show.
Jesus only loves two strokes

runutz698

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2009, 04:42:56 pm »
I agree, I think I would look at armed hold up first lol, Or even just burging a house as a LCD tv would be easier to shift for more than a VF side cover.

Just to let you know Jared it turned out to be one of my good customers and they have a file full of invoices requesting payment and a whole list of people who have rung looking for this Colin. They even had his e-mail adress ect.

She showed me pipes and shampoo ect. All out the back on the racking of stuff that they have recived but they are not going to ship back as they want to know who is going to foot the cost. So it is a big scam.

mx250

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2009, 04:57:53 pm »
::) It's the overpayment scam. This is how it works

transfer the agent funds to him via western union or money gramm.

So you transfer the overpayment via Western Union to 'somehere' and that is how they make money, FFS the don't want old bike parts they just want the money.On the scambaiter site you can download fake Western Union money grams, then ask them where to send it then say you stuffed up and send it to a far away (but not to far) office when they get there THEY find out it's a fake. The person will either be in Nigeria or Eastern Europe. Teh operation is 'franchised' with underlings doing the work and 'mugu's' who run the show.
Eh!!! What overpayment?!!!! transfer via western Union - you have got to be kidding!!!! Too convoluted for my liking - not the way I would do business ;). People/businesses don't actually fall for this do they? ::)

runutz698

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2009, 06:28:12 pm »
I don't understand either??

All it is as far as I can see is a stolen credit card scam, there has been no metion of western union in anything I have seen or heard, the people that are calling the business asking for another form of payment as the credit number has come back stolen. Aparently some people are quite pushy and upset. The worst part is it has nothing to do with this business.

Western union?? I think you are thinking of a diffrent scam. As the guy was going to pay jared with credit cars. The only thing I can see where they can make cash is when e.i If jared have of done it, the forwarding company would of got 650dollars. So if they were working togeather they could of pocketed the 650dollars.??

The only thing is that this company has hard goods beinng delivered. I don't think it is really a millon dollar operation.

Cheers
Tom

IT490K

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2009, 06:33:20 pm »
so i want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the  charges and the money charged from my credit
card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer to the agent via western union.i will have love to do this
my self but there no western union here around me...

...then you can charge full amount and transfer the agent funds to him via western union or money gramm.

Tom,

The scammer collects the money through Western Union.

Jd