Author Topic: An appeal  (Read 5848 times)

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: An appeal
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 03:36:51 pm »
Hang in there fellas, time cures all.   

I've watched this sort of thing develop in everything from Perth's biggest Golf club right down to our local Bushfires Brigade, and all it does in the end is to leave the Crocs in charge of handing out the chicken dinners.      There's no future in that.     

I happen to think we owe a massive vote of Thanks to the Guys who run this forum and make useful contributions.      Who's supposed to keep it going when they all pull the pin ?     

If you must talk Crap to promote your own egos, what's the problem with Pee Emming one another and keep it off the big screen.

Doc, I for one am really sorry to see you go.  I hope when the time is right you'll see your way clear to come back, and to bring your unique attitude and your wealth of knowledge with you.

Cheers.     To most of you.        T250.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 04:16:58 pm »
HEy just got back from  that other thread, must be locked now, as i d like to have posted my observations.

what a waste of time reading that was questions where answered and it still went on for 6 pages. 

I must say i agree with the replies, even with my level of piss poor spelling and somtime pointed discussion with some members i think thats got to take the cake.    it was just plain rude and the sad part was those guys gave all the details requested,  if folk dont like your answers then tuff, there not on here to help you out. and the next time you ask i think you will find it will be a very very empty thread................. i can hear a pin drop in there already.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:27:20 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 06:10:29 pm »
Clearly this is a very disturbing thread to have on what has been, until recently, a happy place.

Losing long term valued members as a result of posts which at best show a lack of respect is just so disappointing and worse, unnecessary.

VMX is a sport where people are supposed to have FUN and reminisce fondly about times gone by.

My suggestion would be to those that don't feel the need to be respectful to other forum members is simple. 

Go somewhere else. >:(

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 06:16:35 pm »
I have been involved with forums a long, long time and what I have learned from it is that "you need to have a thick skin", you need to "take everything with a grain of salt", and characters on forums are generaly very different in real life, I realy don't think that running away pissing and whinning is the answer, My opinion is that we all take a teaspoon full of concrete, "harden the fork up" and move on...... ;)

Evil Rudy

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2009, 06:18:06 pm »
I blame Guns n’ Roses.

I spent my hard earned on that Chinese Democracy and have suffered through it two times now. What was Axl thinking when he made that rhyming song with the piano? It sounds like Heavy Metal Sesame Street.

It could be the heat?

mx250

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2009, 07:15:40 pm »
Did I miss something? ;D

Offline mike1948

• A-Grade
  • Margate, QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »
I joined VMX & this forum because I'm trying to relive past "glories".  I focus on brands and models which were relevant to me in the early days of "scrambles & short circuit".  I am limited to one bike at a time - due to finances - and get probably as much enjoyment out of the preparation as the riding.  I prepare a bike, keep it for about 12mths, then sell it & look for something else to take up countless hours of my time.
In fact, I'm probably exactly the same as hundreds of VMX enthusiasts around this country, and the world.

I am tolerant of other peoples preferences and choices, and try to be positive and informative in my posts.

I don't mind the occasional dig at something I probably (secretly ) would love to have under my house, and expect the same.

Come on, GUYS!!

Enjoy this forum for what it is, the help it provides, and the many friendships which I'm sure it has enabled.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2009, 08:03:33 pm »
I think we have a contender for the crown..Freaky your reputation is seriously under threat from Rudy.....I'm thinking of a slanging thread between Rudy and Freaky, now that would be a thread I would pay to read ;D ;D
To the guys who left.....you'll be back, you won't be able to resist the ozvmx fix on a daily basis. It's as much a part of Doc's life as durries and coffee.

magoo

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2009, 09:08:56 pm »
Where's Wes when ya need him?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2009, 10:37:26 pm »
If you've got the love for the bikes/sport/forum, then words typed out by someone you've never met won't mean anything.
And those words certainly won't prevent you from remaining involved in a generally postive and worthwhile community.

Funnily enough, I had a really similar conversation with Magoo yesterday while standing in his shed talking bikes and drinking beer and generally enjoying life.... And many people here will know that his and my forum history hasn't been wonderful (which was 99.9% my fault)....

And without wanting to defend Rudy, everybody who has met him in real life knows that de-registering over his insane ramblings is a pretty big over-reaction.

Edit: Magoo was drinking beer, I was driving.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:45:45 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 10:43:22 pm »
isnt there something called forum etiquette and some user agreement we all had to agree to ( or at least tick a box)? I am one of the thick skinned types too but just because its an online forum and not the 'real world' doesnt mean its ok or acceptable to say certain things to other people or treat others in an inappropriate way.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 10:45:04 pm »
Ah... I was going to leave it at that, but I've actually got the opposite problem on another forum - there's one persistant cock who won't go away, despite having been caught out abusing his influence within the club.

Anyone got any input on how to make him take the leap?

(FWIW: This guy is a psycho in real life, its not limited to forum warriors).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 11:15:22 pm »

Been watching all this unfold and feel its a massive case of miscommunication .

Although(lets call them party of the first part) came across as a rude  arrogant arshole. Those who know the guy say its not the case  and so be it. I trust the judgment of many of the guys who I have met via this site.

The people who have felt slighted (Party/s of the second part) certainly have a right to feel that way and react however they choose to and so does the party of the first part.

My two cents from a cheese loving french decendant is that its a bit rough getting a kick in the nuts for telling a poor little girl where her lost dog is as it hurts and everyone should realise it and be thankful when someone goes out of thier way to guide them in the right direction.

Think I will go have some more cheese

Evil Rudy

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 11:42:44 pm »
Hey Nathan,

Give your psycho to me...  no really give him to me.

And I’m pretty sure those guys’ undies were twisted before I took umbrage with whatever they fed me with.

Seriously, I went to the “special place” to ask serious questions about my bike and I get a small adaptation of pimp my ride.

I re-read the whole thing and - hand to heart - I was being nice. Some of the advice was outstanding, some was rather vanilla. I did keep saying “thank you”.

... And the veiled threats of shunning me from the forum if I ask a question... FFS what are we Mormons now (not that there is anything wrong with the Utah freaks).

There are some real precious people in the world and some of them seem to like old dirt bikes.

My problem is I will say what others only think. If I had a dollar for every time this thought ran through my head “did I say that out loud”, I could be a vintage Maico owner (not that there is anything wrong with Maicos – lederhosen wearing fascists)

Thanks for almost sort of trying to possibly defend me. It’s the third nicest thing someone’s said to me today.

I’ll just wear a gridiron helmet, box, and a 661 Pressure Suit to CD6.

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 12:09:16 am »
Evil, you need to take a good long look at yourself, not blame your perceived issues on everyone else.  ::)

The bottom line is (as always):

If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.  ;)

Respect is important in life and especially so in VMX.