Author Topic: Global financial crisis - what does it mean to you  (Read 62265 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Global financial crisis - what does it mean to you
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2009, 06:16:00 pm »
no! its what ya shed beams are made out of. ;D and its not a tree   ;)   ;D
cheers

Not with the three letters  B H & P??? If so, be VERY afraid of taking any work there as a "Leccy" supervisor! :o

all in our past now  ;)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2009, 06:16:20 pm »
I spose the price of fuel and oil will go up now, any excuse to bump it up and of course the other oil producing countries will follow suit!!!!...... bastards....
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2009, 06:17:57 pm »
I'm no expert on Dubai's economy but the basis of their wealth is Oil, and that's pretty secure in the immediate feature.

But not directly, Abu Dabi has the oil and the cash, so anyway as part of the deal Dubai has lost independence within the UAE yesterday.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2009, 06:43:35 pm »
hmm something about increasing your debt supported spending without any under lying increase in economic output. Rather like buying an 800 grand house without the corresponding pay rise. ???
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 27, 2009, 06:57:46 pm »
Thanks for those youtube clips motomaniac---1/5 of the world cranes  :o :o :o

Like the oil rig that seem to have mysteriously caught fire off our West Oz coast which had been pissing oil into the ocean for months  :( more ocean junk roosting  (vmx in mind  ;) ) sites for the Albertros and sea birds  :(

Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 27, 2009, 07:01:20 pm »
Grinding job anyone  ;D 
Best is in the West !!

oldfart

« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2009, 08:34:12 pm »
Forget rising petrol prices, water is going to be the cash cow of the  future.
Just spent 2 days in seminars about water harvesting - council water meters on water tanks .....yes that's right you paying for the right to use water you have collected/harvested.
registering water tanks with council and a 12 month inspection fee $$$$ plus possible changing from a dual check valve to a double check valve that needs testing every 12 months  :o

Water boards & councils are about cashing in on water.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2009, 08:45:43 pm »
Thanks for those youtube clips motomaniac---1/5 of the world cranes  :o :o :o

Like the oil rig that seem to have mysteriously caught fire off our West Oz coast which had been pissing oil into the ocean for months  :( more ocean junk roosting  (vmx in mind  ;) ) sites for the Albertros and sea birds  :(

Those pics are surreal or unreal???
Did yousee the Dubia vid about Debtors Jail? Some internationals who work and live there have lost there jobs after investing/buying property and now face jail because they can neither service the loan or sell .????????????????

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2009, 02:00:06 pm »

Did yousee the Dubia vid about Debtors Jail? Some internationals who work and live there have lost there jobs after investing/buying property and now face jail because they can neither service the loan or sell .????????????????
[/quote]

Yeah i know a guy in that position, young expat kid who just lost his job, unless you find a new one pronto your residency gets revoked at which point you cannot leave until you settle with your creditors, AND if you can't  you go to jail.

I am hoping Australia introduces the same system as declaring yourself bankrupt is as good as stealing off your creditors.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2009, 02:18:43 pm »
My son in Karratha may be in line for that "grinding job" above ::)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 02:29:20 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

mx250

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2009, 02:22:01 pm »

Yeah i know a guy in that position, young expat kid who just lost his job, unless you find a new one pronto your residency gets revoked at which point you cannot leave until you settle with your creditors, AND if you can't  you go to jail.

Gee, that would explain all the Beemers left at the airport - you couldn't get outa the country fast enough. :P

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2010, 12:02:13 am »
Thats great news VMX247 , I am planning to visit Perth Mint  next  week  and do some shopping . Which airline was it ?

Yep Gold is good at the Perth Mint  :P   Get some nice nuggets out in the pubs (if your willing to get to know a few local folk over a few nights) in the Goldfield though and they always hold their price as a natural jewelery item  :-*

Virgin Blue is good to go -- Jetstar a bit more in price. 8) those that are serious Nats flight watchers  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 27, 2010, 11:04:18 am »
http://www.perthmint.com.au/metalprices.aspx
Just gone passed 46 per K and the fat lady has not even started to sing  ;)

not one of the cheapest places to do your shopping.Always been the Ferrari end of the gold processing market.  :-X

below words from a broker  ;)  ;D
April news
Also there has been sell offs in most commodities including oil and base metals and even safe haven Gold has seen declines as investors flee to cash.

Short Term investors
Generally following a correction, a short sharp bounce occurs with easy profits to be made. For those of you with an extremely short time frame I would say it’s still very risky to be jumping in despite most companies (large and small) looking like bargains. My thoughts are this…..if you want to try and trade the bounce for a quick trade, if and when it comes. You should wait until the market is clearly showing it wants to recover, ie a few good days of gains in a row or when the global media start actually reporting some positive news for a change. Sure you will miss some of the upside by waiting but its much easier than trying to catch a falling knife as they say. Also as we are down nearly 15%, a couple of percent left on the table wont break the bank, particularly if it means you didn’t lose any money if things continue to fall. This is really important as generally the short term trader does not want to lose or risk capital, hence the short term nature of the trades. Likewise, anyone with a short term view should look to take profits on any holdings as things could get worse before they get better!
Long term
I am still very optimistic for a world wide recovery later in the year for many reasons, Things aren’t as bad as they were a couple of years ago when banks were failing and general fear of a financial apocalypse. The European issue will resolve itself soon as did the Dubai issue of last year. The Euro zone will one way or another sort out Greece and any other problem children. KRudds tax will either be severely watered down or he will lose the next election (Win/Win whichever way you look at it) and You cant tell me that 1.6 Billion Chinese who are only just starting to have a taste of wealth are going to give that all up at the whim of there government (They will continue to Consume and Spend). Based on this I believe there is some great buying opportunities out there for the long term portfolio investor across the board (See below for Buying Suggestions) as the long term investor is not so worried about day to day fluctuations and knows that stocks at a 10-30% discount from a month ago is a hell of a good buying opportunity when you consider where they might be in 6 or 12 month or even 5 years time!

Best is in the West !!

Ji Gantor

« Reply #119 on: May 27, 2010, 11:20:05 am »
Hi Oldfart,
Is that true about the councils charging us for using our own collected water?
How much and when is it law?
This will send the cost of bike races up every time we have to wet the tracks.

Ji