Author Topic: suzuki stickers  (Read 3384 times)

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
suzuki stickers
« on: December 06, 2008, 09:47:42 am »
just trying to find and old suzuki sticker that  may be only made in qld it was sunshine state suzuki riders any body seen them and has any if you do can you post a picture thanks

Maico31

Re: suzuki stickers
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 12:17:28 pm »
I've got one of them, from the sunshine state motocross series at Tivoli in the old days. Best i can do is email you a photo of it.

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 07:53:15 pm »
that would be great john thanks

Doc

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 07:11:57 am »
here ya go. Save on the Epostage  ;)

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:22:24 pm by Doc »

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:53:40 am »
great thanks very much chris now to get some made.

Doc

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 03:46:58 pm »
Ed, can you can 3 or 4 colour stickers made without layering? as is 'printed' in the same/similar manner as the original above?

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 04:32:01 pm »
Ed - Chris  My local sign writer may help out .

Doc

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 07:21:34 pm »
sounds promising Stew, I have a particular era sticker I'd love duplicated for my own personal self but it's printed on a clear background :P not large, about the size of the old wiseco oval sticker ;) 

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 08:27:05 pm »
Send it down .... and I'll see what he can do

Doc

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 07:45:00 am »
I have a picture I could send down :D don't you go splashing it all over though oldfartigus it's secret!!..'tis 'my' little baby 8) but you may have some also I guess for being so helpful if it all works out..it fits in perfectly with your RM125 and you won't buy anywhere else for neither love nor money ;)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 11:51:38 pm »
I've got one of them, from the sunshine state motocross series at Tivoli in the old days. Best i can do is email you a photo of it.
Here's a piece of 'back in the day' trivia: my old race bib from the Sunshine State Suzuki Motocross Trophy race at Tivoli.
Same series?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Maico31

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 08:27:06 am »
Yes mate that's the same series. Have you still got yours?

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 08:53:30 am »
thanks chris and john got the picture .sounds like it was tivoli series how long did that go for?????

Doc

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 12:01:20 pm »
jeez that old bib and the font rings some bells, I swear I may have the full report from that series an an old Motorcycle News mag or the old yellow 'Queensland Scene' pages that used to grace Revs at the time, will have a hunt around...stay tuned ;)

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 09:13:48 am »
jeez that old bib and the font rings some bells, I swear I may have the full report from that series an an old Motorcycle News mag or the old yellow 'Queensland Scene' pages that used to grace Revs at the time, will have a hunt around...stay tuned ;)
Great Doc, I'd like to see that - yeah John I still have the bib and I'm glad I kept it as this '79 race at Tivoli was my last race ever, back in the day.
I remember in two years of racing it was the only time I got hurt and a trip to the Ipswich Hospital was a memorable one.

The duty Doctor didn't believe I was injured; the foot didn't swell, there was no obvious damage but I couldn't put weight on it whatsoever.
I asked for a chit for a few days off work - I was a brickies labourer - and she was disgusted.
She was all hands on hips-annoyed-talking loudly-type disgusted; not sure what that was all about but I still feel the embarrassment! :-[ :-\ ???

Anyhoos, it was nearly the end of the year/race season and when the foot came good I took up surfing and stayed with it, not really touching dirt bikes again until last year.
I wonder whatever happened to that Doctor - F*ckin' cranky maggot!! >:(

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"