Author Topic: 4robs is finished  (Read 20124 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: 4robs is finished
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2008, 02:43:07 pm »
im not sure what to say other than that I am very sorry and that my post wasn’t intended to sound like it did. My appoligies to who I may offended. I have witnesed first hand what fire can do and how it can destroy a bike just like that, but it would not be as bad as loosing a home & business.. As for the loss of my part, well I am over it now, there is no point thinking about it as its un-replaceable and the more you think about it it wont make it come back. As people have said there are much worser losses in life. i was very worried about letting it out of my sight but took the risk to send it to my friend in QLD to pass it onto Rob, so the reason i was so shocked was that i could not believe it was gone.
And once again, my sincere apologies to Rob and his family. Its unfortunate that with forums things can either not come out sounding as you thought they would and can be mis interpreted. i was just as shocked as everyone else.
SORRY
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:38:57 pm by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2008, 03:02:10 pm »
Hi Rob, never heard of you or met before but, I bet I have one of your products on one of my bikes, I will say this to you though it may not make sense right now though...If you were caught in that fire, and you were in a near death experience you would have traded everything you own to spend just one more day with your family, as luck has it you will get to spend the rest of your life with them.

It's all how you look at life, if your cup is full its useless, if its empty it can be used for many things......
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:07:39 pm by E74 »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2008, 03:38:35 pm »
 Paypal sent Not as much as kind others but if I can later send your family more, I will .  Tim . Rob the past has taught me that even fire buckled frames and the like , surprisingly somebody will be so pleased to get.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:56:26 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Tony T

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2008, 04:05:05 pm »
Definitely a mistake I made Tim.
I dumped everything without even looking at it properly. I was so pissed and wanted it gone, no doubt there was good usable stuff in there...........  :-\

oldfart

« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2008, 05:03:09 pm »
Rob and family  ... What a  bummer, and with Xmas just weeks away . Paypal sent
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:34:15 pm by oldfart »

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2008, 05:04:57 pm »
Christmas $  card on its way  ;) I hope it helps to get things sorted out Rob,
  Hope more folks from VICTORIA chip in also :) every bit'll help ey,
    Cheeers KB

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:14:16 pm by KB171 »

211kawasaki

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 05:12:27 pm »
When your back up and running Rob any part I have that you may wish to copy to get you started over is yours - just ask

Good luck mate

Dave T

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 05:24:09 pm »
Shit that's bad luck Rob.  Fire is a barstard.  I agree with what E74 says.  You still have your family and at the end of the day that is what it is all about.  I'll be ready to send those YZ parts when you are up and running again.  Keep your chin up mate.  You are on a winner - you can rebuild it - you have our moral and financial support.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 03:03:53 pm by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

firko

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 05:29:59 pm »
Rob....A donation is on the way from me personally and a fair bit more is forthcoming on behalf of the Klub Kevlar old farts after we have a whip around. I know it sounds a little trite at the moment Rob but we'd like you and your family to be our guests in the Kevlar Kompound at CD6. Seeing that you probably won't have anything to ride after the fire, you have our bikes at your disposal for the duration of the event. As well, a soothing Kevlar Margarita or two, a gourmet sausage sanga and a bowl of Chili and a bit of fun will hopefully help ease the hurt just that little bit.

How are you fixed for pressys for the kids for Christmas? How old are they mate?

STW996

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2008, 05:32:34 pm »
Now this is where this forum is great, helping out mates good work boys lets keep it coming!!!

mainline

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2008, 06:05:36 pm »
not a large sum, but paypal sent.

Keep your chin up and give the family a hug.

Tony T

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2008, 06:09:28 pm »
you have our bikes at your disposal for the duration of the event. As well, a soothing Kevlar Margarita or two, a gourmet sausage sanga and a bowl of Chili

Good Lord.............. hasn't he suffered enough??  :D :D

magoo

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2008, 06:14:53 pm »
Firko, are going to pull some strings with your mate at the North Pole?
I've been thinking. I know, I know, I'm not very good at it, but I've decided to get a Vintage Dirt Bike show and shine going on Sunday 14th December which will be a fundraiser for Rob. I'm thinking sausage sizzle, beer to sell, a few raffles and anything else we can think of. I'm happy to run it from my place (I've got about 10 acres of sporting fields behind me). There's a carpark we can use and a barbie to cook on. Who's up for it?

4RoBs

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2008, 06:16:39 pm »
My family and I are completely overwhelmed. We will do whatever we can to thank everyone of you. I have quickly skimmed through the last 24 hours posts but got to the point of not being able to see the screen for tears. Thank you all so much.

I've just finished kicking my kids buts. After our last ride at the twinshock masters they left the riding gear where they shouldn't have. And because they didn't put it away it was saved. We all have boots, pants and helmets. How can I ever make them put anything away again?

I want to repay the kindness somehow. I have organised a home for the SWM bits and pieces that may still be useful - there is now only one Jumbo trials bike left in the county so that was an easy decision. I want to give the KTM pieces to someone who will preserve them. Frames, gear sets, kick starters and the like. They will need emergency care of some sort - I posted in the tech section looking for advice. Just ask and they are yours.

Same goes for my recently aquired TLRs. I'll post on trials.com.au for someone, but I have someone in mind if he'll take them.

There is a YZ80e frame and other steel bits. My boys rode it at QVMX breakups so they were era correct. I know the steel in them was never good, and will probably be worse now. But I'll put it aside for anyone who wants it.

Thanks club kevlar. We'll take you up on that offer.

Firko my boys are Tom 10 and James 12. They are trials champions and are single minded. I try to keep them in up to date bikes, although we hadn't been able to for the last couple of years. I recently sold my trials bike to get an 09 Gas Gas 125 for James (He was on an 04 Beta 125 and it was his turn). Although he rode it at the Aussie Titles in October his Mum and I were going to present it to him after he finished primary school with good grades and behaviour. So he has worked on and cleaned it and serviced but not been able to ride it. He has tried so hard. This was going to be the first time they had their machines for the summer holidays. They had a practice schedule planned and training from coaches.

I will do whatever I can to get them new bikes for next season.

Rob

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2008, 06:42:22 pm »
Firko, are going to pull some strings with your mate at the North Pole?
I've been thinking. I know, I know, I'm not very good at it, but I've decided to get a Vintage Dirt Bike show and shine going on Sunday 14th December which will be a fundraiser for Rob. I'm thinking sausage sizzle, beer to sell, a few raffles and anything else we can think of. I'm happy to run it from my place (I've got about 10 acres of sporting fields behind me). There's a carpark we can use and a barbie to cook on. Who's up for it?

I'm up for it Magoo,  I can bring a few bikes along that will turn some heads!.., I rekon that AJ would have a emailing list that would bring enthusiests out of the woodwork too, where are ya AJ?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 06:46:14 pm by E74 »