Author Topic: Triumph Rocket 3 factory doco  (Read 1868 times)

firko

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Triumph Rocket 3 factory doco
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 02:15:55 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:12:10 pm »
I know that the Chinese are studying all the other manufacturers to speed up the development of their home grown products. I would love to be at the meeting where that video is shown to all the other managers. I can just see their faces!!!

They will be buying up Black Adder DVDs and importing hooligan test riders from around the globe. And the new apprentice will have to hold the badger during brake testing.

Great stuff, it probably shows why Triumph are doing so well.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

YSS

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:23:54 pm »
Thats funny as the Triumph factory is only a couple of km down the road  from YSS in Bangkok . Made in England  ???

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 09:05:55 pm »
Yes the world is round and our eyes still see it as flat.  :o  we see great brands from the past that have left there shores for cheaper labour  :'(  jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 09:20:31 pm »
It's only the classics, Bonneville,Speed Master & the America that are assembled in Thailand.  You won't find a more dedicated job proud perfectionists like the workers at the Triumph factory there.  The factory is spotless you could eat your dinner off the floor.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

YSS

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 10:25:29 pm »
Yes the world is round and our eyes still see it as flat.  :o  we see great brands from the past that have left there shores for cheaper labour  :'(  jimson

Thats exactly what they say about YSS too , its the central position  and the volume what makes it so competive.
The labour is only a small part and steadely rising

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 11:28:11 pm »
Walter YSS is a great brand now and into the future I have a pair of your shocks and I think the quality and workmanship is excellent  ;D they might be made off shore but its all to do with know how and quality control.jimson 
Just a balless freak having a go

YSS

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 12:34:47 pm »
Thanks for the comment Jimson and also thanks to lots of forum members that use our shocks. The extrem conditions of modern VMX racing is pushing as constantly to the limits and I can let that knowledge flow into production. In five years we have now leaped forwards from just making shocks to a leading brand. And I will not stop there , we will go on with further developments. The new 362 series to be released in Australia for EVO bikes in February  and the Harley soft tail shocks in January. Thanks for all the constructive feedbacks , I am listening  and will act on it if possible. I think the coming resession will not be a negative thing for us with our low pricing and high quality. Cheers Walter

YSS

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 12:36:02 pm »
Sorry for running of the rails on this tread. 8)

Doc

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 09:36:16 pm »
since we're off track somewhat due to Walters shocks :P sorry Walter, couldn't resist the pun ;D
Firko, remember about 3 years ago I asked what the heck a Triumph T38 layshaft was??..well years have past and I still have not a single clue about this model or this shaft, do you want this item or do I have to keep moving it from one place to another for the rest of my life? It's nos but quite obviously it's no use to me. Was sent to me from Canada by mistake but the I emailed a few times and the seller never got back to me about onforwarding to it's rightfull owner who was apparently in the UK. Since KK plays with this type of stuff do you want it? free!!! giveaway!! no charge or hidden extra's!! please say yes!! I want it gone but I can't find a home for it anywhere and I can't toss it :'(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 10:17:03 pm by Doc »