Author Topic: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update  (Read 104206 times)

shoey

Re: 2009 qvmx sunshine coast mcc vintage nationals update
« Reply #480 on: August 14, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
People often wonder why major sponsors of sporting events stop sponsoring events, and divert their funding into other sports

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 14, 2009, 07:25:03 PM »
That makes two of us Shoey, but thanks for being a part of the best event i have ever been a part of, sponsor and competitor.

Cheers Trev( just took something profound to bring me back)

STW996

« Reply #482 on: August 14, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
People often wonder why major sponsors of sporting events stop sponsoring events, and divert their funding into other sports

Yes I as one of the other major sponsor I agree with you shoey.

Some of the grown men on this forum need to stand back take a look at themself's and say is what I am pushing here in the best interest of the sport and more so the people who give up there free time to run these events.

The event was well run and well attented with people far and wide attending (special thanks for our NZ mates and the good foke of WA that turned up in numbers and special thanks to the WA guy's that pitched in and gave a hand to setup the track on Wednesday as this is what the sport is about).

Boy's this thread was about the event as a hole and not just a small part of the event. Go off and have your bitch session in other threads and lets hear of all the good this event did for all competitors and not just a choosen few.

The real winner was the died in the wool VMX riders that just wanted to compete at a nationals and could not give a rats arse about the difference in a year of a bike, but are true to their make and living the dream of riding an era of bike that they loved and still love.

It is great news our old mate that had the big off on Sunday is ok and on the mend. I too had a big fall on Friday that stopped the racing for a while, to all the officials thankyou for the assistance and to all the people who showed concern for my health over the weekend my thanks also to you. this is the part of the sport that will keep me coming back and plans are already in motion to be at the 2010 nats in Vico so look out Hoony.

Thanks to all the other sponsors, workers, organising clubs officals and people that gave their time free of charge to make this event one to remember.

So lets put the crap about bars and 10mm of extra travel to bed and hear some of the good light hearted moments that happened over the weekend.

Shane

firko

« Reply #483 on: August 15, 2009, 06:55:29 AM »
Shane and Rob....Thank you for supporting the event and VMX in general. Don't let a small minority of pedantic tossers spoil it for you. As you both well know, the majority of VMX participants don't go on with the crap that's concerning you both. Your support is well appreciated, believe me. Anyone who was at Conondale knew that they were experiencing a very special event. It was the best Nats I've ever been to, bar none.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2009, 10:08:06 AM »
Yes thanks to Shane and Rob, Trev. and all the unnamed people who put it together,
walking around on Friday morning after arriving in the dark Thursday I was just blown away at the professional presentation and preparation of the whole thing,I did not even get to race on Friday and had one off the best days of the event,
I also availed myself of the hospitality of both the Wiltec and Engineered Environments Pits ( even though did ride a Pre78 125, It was a Honda ;D)
thanks again guys

Ps
Sorry you could not make it to the event Rob, all the best,
Noel
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:12:39 AM by Noel »

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 15, 2009, 11:26:00 AM »
aussies titles! well run! top racing! best ever! allowed us to go back in time for 3 days! shit its a good sport!
olympic committee just sorted out what sports are in for next olympics. vmx was left out! next time!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 15, 2009, 11:54:03 AM »
I thought one of Trev's closing comments - thanking the "also rans" (my version not Trevs) - who filled the rest of the postions and made the sport what it is was excellent and as one of those "also rans" was very much appreciated.  ;D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

firko

« Reply #487 on: August 15, 2009, 12:17:59 PM »
I truly hope we can get as much passion and enthusiasm for the upcoming Classic Dirt Track Nats as I saw at Conondale.
I realise it's a different dicipline but the same bikes are used and it's a different enough experience to add another factor to your VMX enjoyment. Why not continue your contribution to the resurgence of vintage racing by entering for the Classic Dirt Track Nats at Barleigh Ranch.
I realise this is a slight thread hijack but it dawned on me that there's a possibility that many don't read the dirt track threads and quite possibly aren't aware of the event.

STW996

« Reply #488 on: August 15, 2009, 07:31:47 PM »
Firko, Iwas only talking to Magoo about it today and we are looking at coming down for a ride or at least a look. We need to get the flat track side of the sport up and going here in QLD.

Shane

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 16, 2009, 11:51:55 AM »
Here is an interesting shot at the Nationals.

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 16, 2009, 11:54:24 AM »
Nice Maico 400

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 16, 2009, 11:55:55 AM »
73 TM400 for sale at the Nationals

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 16, 2009, 11:56:53 AM »
What The?

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 16, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
John Boag No1 givin a fist full on the 125

oldfart

« Reply #494 on: August 16, 2009, 12:41:41 PM »
Geoff Morris,  had the thingly on display ......pretty quick from 0 to 20 klm

Tm Bills ,  way of fixing a flat tyre .  He had 2 bikes upside down swapping rear wheels  :o

Frosty , Here you go .... give the bloke a ring to see it's still for sale