Author Topic: DC Plastics ????  (Read 31524 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: DC Plastics ????
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »
I quote a notible forum member who says Maier is shiny but shite andf I agree completely.   The ones on the 465 are Maier and they are absolute rubbish
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2009, 08:14:04 pm »
I was told that Maier make the Vintage Suzuki and Vmx-racing Honda plastics and that stuff is pretty good quality. I've got the Suzuki plastics on one of my bikes and it's way better than DC.

BONEHEAD

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2009, 08:55:02 pm »
here we go again , i could go to bunnings , grab a few dunny lids and make my own , probably just as good as maier. Shit of a job takes a lot of time and can get smelly when raiding public toilets caused you f k d one up. cheers  bonehead (tounge and cheek) .

jasmotorbikes

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2009, 09:12:41 pm »
thanks for that info got onto plasticwerks and they said that the plastics for my model bike are next on there list just dont know how long that will be :-\ just want some nice plastics to finish of the bike like many others on this forum wanting the same thing its very frustrating :P

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2009, 09:19:23 pm »
Bonehead if the maier stuff was shit i wouldn't have put it on my bike, their new shiny plastic is much better than the old stuff. Les at vmx plastics informed me that most of the plastics he brings in are made by maier.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 09:44:03 pm by JohnnyO »

BONEHEAD

« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2009, 06:24:19 am »
ive seen the suzy plastics and thay were far better than the yamaha plastics , i dont understand how this is possible , are they using a different dunny lid? :P cheers bonehead.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2009, 07:44:13 am »
Bonehead if the maier stuff was shit i wouldn't have put it on my bike, their new shiny plastic is much better than the old stuff. Les at vmx plastics informed me that most of the plastics he brings in are made by maier.

I agree some of the Maier stuff like the RM guards are pretty good. You always have the NOS option, you just have to be prepared to pay, last CR250RZ front guard I saw went for USD350.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2009, 08:53:10 am »
ive seen the suzy plastics and thay were far better than the yamaha plastics , i dont understand how this is possible , are they using a different dunny lid? :P cheers bonehead.

Well naturally  ::) Generally all Suzuki and kawasaki aftermarket plastics are better than the others , just like the originals  ;) Do Supercheap sell Ferrari parts  ???
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 08:59:04 am by TM BILL »

mx250

« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2009, 09:25:45 am »
B.S. :o . That may have been the case but you obviously haven't seen the guards that Scott is producing at Nowra - you won't fault them. If you meet the guy you meet a guy who does resto's but won't put a cad bolt where a chrome bolt should be, nor vicki verka. If NOS was a white gasket visible edge then that is what you see. His products reflect the same pride and attention to detail. Whats his trading name? VMX Parts?

Hey Scott where are those early Yammy & YZA guards? ;D

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2009, 12:45:20 pm »
Les at vmx plastics informed me that most of the plastics he brings in are made by maier.

i was led to believe that Vintage Plastics were the importer for DC plastics and not Maier? are they a Maier importer now as well?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2009, 04:37:34 pm »
Les at vmx plastics informed me that most of the plastics he brings in are made by maier.

i was led to believe that Vintage Plastics were the importer for DC plastics and not Maier? are they a Maier importer now as well?
Yes the shiny better quality plastics he brings in are apparently made by Maier.

BONEHEAD

« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2009, 09:37:55 pm »
what the! now im confused , just got the message when raiding the public toilet down the road but to my suprise theres no lids left , must be a lot of yammie guys  looking for the same shit, what you mean he has maier stuff i thought it was all done here in our own backyard shitter, i mean backyard , give me a look at this crap , anyone got photos. heat gun dunny lids and heaps of beer should do the trick, i just want some friggin side plates . cheers BONEHEAD ;D :P

jasmotorbikes

« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2009, 10:34:57 am »
heres some pics form maiers web site for yz490 plastics look good in a pic but are they that good in the flesh thats what i want to know. ??? rang my local yamaha dealer i can still get front and rear gaurds but side covers no longer avalible

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2009, 11:17:49 am »
I reckon you should by the shiny maier plastics then report back on here and let bonehead know what they're like or this debate could go on forever. :)