Author Topic: Viper Rnd 4 Wonthaggi  (Read 25724 times)

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Rnd 4 Wonthaggi
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2008, 01:56:10 pm »
Neale perkins with his 15 can the night before race face on sunday morning!  He was on the gas riding too...

gator

« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2008, 02:46:17 pm »
That look's like ross's peak cap in front of neale's hand :-\ :-\

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2008, 05:06:10 pm »
shit thats scary, i'm off to see a therapist now ! ;D
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2008, 05:44:11 pm »
what happens if some one crashes and say  is seriously hurt or kills some one and the hospitial takes a blood test which revels to much alchol  !!!!!!!!!! who responseable  im sure that insurance company   would have something to say ,and who take the  on the responabilities when or even if some one decide to drink to much piss and then go out and race
do you take your race bike to the pub on friday night
i must be missing something here 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:24:20 pm by paul »

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2008, 09:35:36 am »
Its over exagerated Paul... not serious. just hangin perko out to dry for a laugh buddy. i think if something was to happen to anyone in that situation, it would be there own problem i would think.. :-\  What does that indemity form u sign mean? Is that to put all responsability on u? i have always wondered what that is for.. ???       
 u are missing something  here paul...its called riding! ha ha swing a leg over one of them works of art !  ;D   
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2008, 10:29:25 am »
I LIKE FUN AS MUCH AS THE  NEXT GUY   ;)
its easy to put your head in the sand ,and if you sign the form in good faith does that mean you can be run over by drunks on mx bike with no protection because he /they decided to have a big nite  and no one gives 2 hoooots
i dont drink / my best freind was killed by a drunk when he was offered a lift home from work in the city the DRUNK HIT A TRAM HEAD ON AND LIVED ,MY FREIND DIED AT 19 YEARS OLD HE(the drunk) SAID I DID NT SEE THAT TRAM COMEING  ,IF YOU NEED A LOAD OF SAND DELIVERED JUST GIVE ME A RING  AND ILL BRING SOME MORE DOWN FOR YOU TO COMPLETELY COVER YOUR HEAD AND THAT WAY  WHEN SOME THING HAPPENS YOU CAN SAY   I DINT SEE THAT EITHER  ANY IM SURE THE PIECE OFF PAPER ISNT WORTH NOTHEING IF THE PERSON IN QUESTION IS PISSEd
i  have 10 million public liabilty insurance for my work and if im pissed or one of my workers is or has decided have a smoke or drink IT COUNTS FOR NOTHING and im personalby liable for the damage if theY drop a tree on somebodys house
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 10:32:56 am by paul »

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2008, 04:56:38 pm »
Ahhhhh... the suspense... ;D  With technology, u would think the bloody photo would be up by now! ha ha come on NR555... get onto it...

I'm sure I'll get the photo one of these days.  Don't worry, as you saw on the day.. it does exist!

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2008, 05:29:52 pm »
Paul,

If you are trying to compare someone who walks out of a pub or club and gets behind the wheel completely drunk, with someone who overindulges on Sat night & is in bed by 11pm, wakes up in the morning whoofs down a plate of bacon, eggs & baked beans, who is felling a little seedy & rides after 9.30am the next day, then I think you are off the mark there.

Ken Baker

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2008, 06:27:20 pm »
Paul,

First let me say I agree with you and am very sorry you lost a mate in such a senseless way.

If I, or anyone else, in your opinion is not in a fit state to ride, or to be an official, then you should approach the Clerk of the Course (This can be done anonymously), or the Stewart if it's the COC that you feel is unfit, to have said person interviewed to assertain whether they are indeed fit to ride/officiate which under the GRC's is a an intial breath test. If this is postive it will be followed by another a short time later under controlled conditions to confirm the positive reading. (0.1g/litre GCR 11.21) Even if there is not a breath tester available it is up to the person concerned to prove they are fit to ride, not the other way round.
But, and there is always a but, you cant stop at just alcohol. Drugs can conceivably be worse in that someone may be stoned but does not have the obvious signs that accompanies the demon drink. A lot of prescription drugs come with the warning not to drive or operate machinery but I'm not sure if I could pick someone who was affected. Performance drugs, how do you pick them?
Then there are injuries. Haven't we all riden with injuries at some stage. I saw a competitor at a Western Region ride when he could barely hang onto the handle bars just for those precious points.
That takes us to bike scrutineering. How many times has the excuse that the bike is "Old" and therefore should be shown some leniency or it's a members bike of the club holding a meet, any meet, so they are scrutineered sight unseen. Or how often have you seen a rider crash only to remount and rejoin the race with a broken front brake lever?
Now to the biggest variable of all, rider ability. We have all seen a rider at some stage or other that we have thought he was a danger to himself and everyone else on the track. Did we do anything about it? We have a junior in our club who when he first started was an accident waiting to happen. Most just bitched about this kid, I decided to try and help him. We all had to start somewhere, like learner drivers on the road and you can't get race experience without racing. Then you have the good riders but they have the "Win at all costs" attitude. I have 40yo+ mates who will not ride the Vets with me at the WR's because of the killer instinct of some of the other competitors but are more than happy to ride our club days solely because of the more laid back atmosphere and isn't that what Viper is all about?
Again, I agree with you Paul but there has to be a little give and take.
I did have a bit to drink Saturday night, was it 15? Can't tell you. I got carried away because this was a reunion for me, seeing people I hadn't in nearly a year. As for the photo, I have mates who look worse than that on any given morning without alcohol playing a part. I assessed myself as capable of racing Sunday, should have I riden? To the letter of the law (GCR's), probably not and this is where people like you should step in and protect me from myself and others. Perhaps EVERYONE should be breathtested at sign in, this could be added to the Supp Regs, then everyone will be happy. I honestly believe I was no more a danger to myself or, more importantly, other riders than anyone else out there but you are entitled to your opinion. There has to be a balance of Safety for Safety's sake and riders going out and enjoying themselves. If ALL the rules were aplied "To the letter of the Law" I dont think many would get to ride. Afteral the GCR's are about "Fair and Safe racing" and if you feel I am a threat to that safety then approach me, or the officials, before I race, not a week after the fact on a website forum. If you are going to be a dirt track detective make sure you are equally diligent on ALL breaches of the rules. I hate this cliché but "At the end of the day" it is the responsibilty of everyone for their own safety and you may have still been enjoying your mate's company if he hadn't accepted that ride. I guess what I am saying that we have all made stupid mistakes and sadly your mate paid the ultimate price. Up to now none of my actions in life have ever seriously hurt anyone but there for the grace of God go I.

By the way, I have not commented here about other viper riders, just riders in general.

On a brighter note I had a fantastic night at the Presentation Night and congratulations to all the winners but especially to Allan Rhia for finally taking out the 125 title, well deserved. I look forwaed to racing a full season next year but I'll have to wait and see what the dates are. To the out going committee/helpers thanks for all your hard work behind the scenes that sometimes goes unrecognised but I can assure you it is much appreciated. To the incoming mob I am here to help if I can even if I can't race.

Haven't had a beer yet but the day's not over.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 06:33:36 pm by Viper666 »
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2008, 06:37:31 pm »
sorry im not haveing  a go at you personaly 666  as a matter off fact ididnt even know who the photo  was .iwas thinking out aloud and wondering were either viper or the club assoated with the event stood  if a accident happened  and  alchol from the night before became a issue

gator

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2008, 07:11:24 pm »
Ok neil but what was ross doing in your car ??? :-\ :-\

Devilman

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2008, 07:28:47 pm »
 Non of us are good enough to make the old bikes go fast enough to do major damage.... I try alot ..... still no damage...... maybe kawi440's hand-made, sheepstations swinging arm with the big ding I gave it , might beg to differ......... but it cant talk .....  :-X

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2008, 07:33:49 pm »
Gator, that is just sick. He's not my type.

Paul

I have big enough shoulders to wear it and I stand by what I said. If one day I am excluded from riding for over imbibing the night before I will wear it on the chin and simply watch my mates race. I hope I don’t indulge so much as that was to happen.

To answer your question on where would the club stand?

The club/officials have a duty of care to all and to be held liable in the situation you described.

1. You have to be seen to have a duty of care (Obvious)
2. You must have breached that duty of care.
3. An injury/death resulted from that breach.

Taking your example lets say no one approached officials or the officials didn't notice this person then even in the event of injury/death caused by this person the club/officials are not held responsible.

If they had been approached or noticed this person but was then convinced he was fit to race and the above happened they still would not be held responsible.

BUT if they had been approached or noticed this person but chose not to do anything about it and the above happen then the club/officials could be held responsible.

The person in all this, however, is not only liable to civil action but what a lot of riders fail to remember is that they still have to abide by the normal laws and in this case could be charged by the Police.

Viper666 is out of here
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2008, 08:53:36 pm »
well said viper666 8)
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2008, 09:11:30 pm »
Good on you Neale!  Well put..
A good harmless night had by all around the campfire, followed by a great day!
Rob and Amanda
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider