Author Topic: rear hub.  (Read 2284 times)

firko

rear hub.
« on: October 13, 2008, 12:15:56 pm »
I'm a bit stuck on the conversion of my Hindall Ducati from MXer to cafe racer. I'm looking for a double sided rear hub
(brake one side, chain the other) that is both lightweight, attractive and suit a 40 hole Borrani rim that I have and want to use. It has a conical Rickman rear hub in it right now but it's not ideal and I want to use it in my Cheney project anyway.I like the look of the two piece Bultaco Pursang MK8 and later hub but they only have  36 holes. Can any of you help me with any ideas?

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: rear hub.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:37:40 pm »
Firko, only hub i can think of that is relativley light is the Canned-Ham( Can-Am) rear hub. Double sided and 40 spoker. BTW if you thow out those Rickman hubs in the rubbish, I'll take them LOL ;D ;D
Life is suddenly very Monaro

YSS

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 01:33:44 pm »
I have exactly what you are looking for , but with 36 holes . Thats what I use on the Metisse .
I have 3 spare wheels , but with the amount of riding I do , I sure can spare one . You should have my phone number .

firko

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 06:36:46 pm »
Thanks boys. I've found a TNT 175 Can-Am rear hub on eBay for $20 and have emailed the seller 'supermex21' asking what his shipping costs are. I have a faint memory of dealing with him before and suspect his shipping costs were through the roof.

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:22:13 am »
Firko-yes, but he is in Texas-see if he will ship to me-and i will send to you.e-mail me for address. James
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 04:15:05 pm »
Freddy (supermex) postage has always been fine with the things I have bought from him.
Cheers,
K

Doc

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 03:58:41 pm »
mmmm..that seller has a set of wiseco rings for my TM I'd really like but his postage to Australia for such is $15US :-\ a bit rich I thought and by the time I ship it to my mate for $7us and then he ships to me I don't save anything doing it that way either. It's the only set of rings I've found in 18 months of searching and I was about to buy it now just before the arse fell outa the oz $. Best laid plans always seem to go to waste but I'm still watching them ::) Firko, he does combine shipping, if you'd like to share a little of the postage cost I'm still after the ring set ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:11:53 pm by Doc »

firko

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:44:35 pm »
Sorry Doc but I managed to find a Can Am hub here in OZ. I remembered that I was thinking of buying an AJS Stormer offline from Freddy but he forked me about. When I tried to settle with him he got weird. Same this time. I asked him for a shipping cost to OZ and if he had the backing plate and he promptly told me he'd sell me the backing plate and brake seperately but didn't give me a shipping fee. I sent him two more emails asking again for a shipping cost which he's ignored. Lifes too short to bother with these dicks. 

Doc

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 09:15:59 pm »
mmmm..no problemo Firko. $20au postage for 1 set of 125cc piston rings doesn't make him a favorite seller of mine ;) another set will come along sooner or later and I'd rather wait on principle than line pockets for absolutely nothing ;) incase anyone has old wiseco rings kicking around I'm looking for 60th over L type Dykes single ring #2264L or #2264LC at 57.50mm ;)