Author Topic: vintage iron usa  (Read 10480 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
vintage iron usa
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:38:17 pm »
i am trying to contact www.vintageiron.com no success yet. i have tried

[email protected] - bounced back/invalid address i tryed to contact through ebay

[email protected] -  no reply after a week

are these correct up to date address?

any one else had difficulty contacting them? i bought stuff from them before but that was 2 or 3 years ago

is it because they are moving? they still have current ebay listings so must still have computer access

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:44:05 pm by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Mark Austin

Re: vintage iron usa
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 09:57:34 pm »
I bought some stuff from him a month ago, it arrived in about 3 weeks.
He seems to be still around, if you can't email him, I'd try giving him a call.
Cheers,
Mark

firko

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 10:33:53 pm »
Be very careful.

Offline FDR

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 10:54:07 pm »
Been trying to contact vintage iron for about two weeks, no responce.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 08:23:07 pm »
firko sounds like elmer fudd ;D
follow me to first turn

huskyrider78

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 08:45:05 pm »
Same thing a year or so ago with email.

Called him and placed the order. Arrived in a couple of weeks.

magoo

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 09:08:41 pm »
You're right Rusty, he looks like him too.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 09:23:40 pm »
so im not the only one having difficulties then. i really need something off them. will have to try again or get a USA friend to help.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 11:05:55 pm »
 Waiting for a set of oval number plates, that money has been taken for, I had purchased a few sets before and was very happy with product, (Not so much the postage costs!!) No response to emailed queries but then it has only been 4 years.................................... >:( Tim754 aka Tim Derrick
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 07:18:49 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 11:38:53 am »
Be carefull purchasing the trick exhausts - photos on website show many segments to create smooth bends but when you get the pipe it has 3 or 4 lobster bends which looks nowhere like the photo. When you ask about it you get some bullshite answer about the one in the phot being a prototype etc,   :'(
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline RED ALERT

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 12:07:51 pm »
I emailed them last night to check on the progress of an order I had with them and there was a reply waiting when I checked emails early this morning. The email address I used and recieved the reply from was: [email protected]

I get the impression from some posts on the forum that Rick Doughty is on some people's shit-list. Was wondering what the reasons were. I have ordered stuff on about five occasions and have had good service. One time they sent me yellow instead of white YZ plastics, but the problem was dealt with and have had some delays while they were obviously waiting on stock their end. Have even called into Vintage Iron twice on trips to the US and both times Rick has given us free T-shirts and six-packs of beer (Moto Brew) even though we didn't buy anything at the time. Can't complain about that. He also organised for us to go to the Primm Collection in Vegas. Greg Primm also Dished out free beer and T-shirts when we left. ;D ;D

Maico31

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 12:42:33 pm »
Red Alert you must be a hot lookin blonde with a big rack!! None of us got that kind of treatment.

firko

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 12:53:46 pm »
There are more disatisfied than happy Vintage Iron customers these days. The number of non recieved orders, wrong items sent and lack of customer service complaints are growing daily. Mention the name Rick Doughty in USA vintage circles and you usually get a scowl, a headshake and then a twenty minute discourse on what a wanker he is.

Rick used to be a good friend of mine but is no longer on my Xmas card list. It's a complicated situation as to why our friendship broke down and I won't discuss it here but it's a shame he's the way he is. He has a genuine love of old bikes, is a great restorer and has done a lot of good for vintage racing in the early days. Sadly his business and people skills have slipped to rock bottom and are in need of a bit of a makeover. As I said earlier...."be vewwy vewwy careful"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 12:55:32 pm by firko »

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 03:17:54 pm »
I have bought various bikes from Vintage Iron - no problems, however every spares order is fully charged for without a full order been sent. This freaks me out  I pay duties and transport costs twice therein my stress. Vintage Iron  products are top class however the after sales service is could improve significantly. Directly as a consequence of his indifference I have spread my spend elsewhere to include AMS Racing and Vintage suzuki.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:52:21 am by crabman »
Old and slow - and happy

YSS

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 04:03:46 pm »
Wouldnt it be fair to get Ricks story as well ? I dont know the man , but usually there is two sides to every story. Surely if he runs a business , any paying order is welcome .  ???