Author Topic: Magoo's New Bike??-RC 500 works bike  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Magoo's New Bike??-RC 500 works bike
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 08:06:20 am »
Nobody as yet has come up with any history of the bike & who rode it . It could have been Pomeroy's , Lackey's , Marty Smith's or Tommy Croft's . Couldn't have been Noyce's , as he was riding Maico in the '77 GPs .

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 09:04:39 am »
whos ever it was youll need a home loan to buy it
MUGEN power

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 11:47:29 am »
.......................... this bike has been confirmed by Terry Good on another forum as a genuine '77 RC500 works bike. He explains the frame numbers and what they stand for.

any chance you could post this Maico31?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Maico31

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 02:05:10 pm »
Hoony click onto the link that Dave King put on this forum and you'll find it on the second page. Cheers

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 04:53:27 pm »
Thanks 31 !

this info as below

The bike is a 1977 RC500. Actual displacement is about 400cc.

MF is the frame
ME would be engine.
7=the year
4= the series of development.
01 is the sequence in develpoment.

http://www.mxworksbike.com/1977%20RC500.htm
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 05:00:32 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 05:13:24 pm »
i spoke to noyceys old manager from the 70s/80s yesterday and when the bike lands here in september we are going to give it the once over. There seems to be no doubt whatsoever though its a late 77 bike . possibly a ex lackey bike but noyces manager said it is very possible the bike came over in 77 from the states so that puts pomeroy in the frame. As i said on mx trax this is going to be a VERY intresting auction for many reasons.  And this bike has certainly woken collectors up to the fact rare bikes still pop up from the least likley places.        If anyone from VMX is reading Noyces manager would make a great interview in VMX. He managed  Noyce/whatley/Danny chandler/stefan everts . He was the worlds top HRC man for years. he was a manager for 20 years and what he has not been involved in is not worth knowing. His stories are incredible.

TM BILL

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 04:35:36 pm »
i spoke to noyceys old manager from the 70s/80s yesterday and when the bike lands here in september we are going to give it the once over. There seems to be no doubt whatsoever though its a late 77 bike . possibly a ex lackey bike but noyces manager said it is very possible the bike came over in 77 from the states so that puts pomeroy in the frame. As i said on mx trax this is going to be a VERY intresting auction for many reasons.  And this bike has certainly woken collectors up to the fact rare bikes still pop up from the least likley places.        If anyone from VMX is reading Noyces manager would make a great interview in VMX. He managed  Noyce/whatley/Danny chandler/stefan everts . He was the worlds top HRC man for years. he was a manager for 20 years and what he has not been involved in is not worth knowing. His stories are incredible.

Cmo'n Dave once a secondhand car dealer always a secondhand car dealer ;D i bet Radar could tell a few stories about mr Grant  ;) but yep he would make a good interveiw ;)
What happened to Jem whatley , i read some where that his young fella is a chip off the old block. JW won the BSMA expert title in 79 on a KX 125A5 that was my last season in schoolboys.I wanted one of those A5s then and now i have a couple  :) better late than never  ;)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 05:00:24 pm by TM BILL »

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 06:14:22 pm »
I am not so sure I need to hear from Mr Grant. I would prefer to hear Stefan Everts version of Mr Grants sudden disappearance [afterall it nearly ended Everts career]. From what I have heard it make a Robert Ludlum book look like a simple shopping list.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 07:46:44 pm »
Hi bill hope the bones healing nicely.  I am not privvy to what went on with grant and everts but i do know he has some very very interesting stories to tell from the 70s 80s that we would all like to hear .  He now runs Golden tyre uk.  Jem whatley now lives somewhere hot and dusty in spain , he used to ride his 91 Factory SR500 kawasaki that he won the british open on down to his local bar but some local scrote decided he wanted it.  factory bike to field bike in a day.    Whatleys son christian rides for Dave thorpes CCM team on a 250, and has just finished 2nd in the british under 21s.   Bill send me a pm please.

TM BILL

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 07:29:26 am »
PM sent Dave  :)