Author Topic: VTR Vinduro 2 day Vinduro 6th & 7th of May at Yass N.S.W  (Read 20968 times)

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VTR Vinduro 2 day Vinduro 6th & 7th of May at Yass N.S.W
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2017, 06:55:38 PM »

And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2017, 06:57:01 PM »

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2017, 07:01:39 PM »

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2017, 07:04:14 PM »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2017, 08:26:21 AM »
like all plans, mine changed a bit coming up to the ride. was planning a leisurely cruise up Friday to stay in berra before arriving at the site early Saturday but a call to work on Friday sorted that and I was up 5 am to drive 6.5 hrs to make Saturday sign in at 1 o'clock. this plan was nearly scuppered by a pea souper fog in central vic that had me crawling along at 60 k's for 3/4 of an hour before it lifted. once on the humorous hwy I adjusted my speed via the gps and made it on time. Signed in and got sorted quickly, always a good thing at these events and headed out for a loop. was a nice flowing track with all the right things...rocks, tight sudden turns to catch you out, off camber corners some techy down hills and occaisional open section. it was good. went out with TB for a second run and was really getting the swing of it till the first little jump over gully (just a wheel width hole actually but I hit the shifter with my toe as I leaned back and got a top end rev out for my trouble and nearly went over the bars  :o gave the shoulders a work out so  I let them cool down and waited for TB who arrived nursing a flat front tyre so I headed off slipping back into the grrooove. the last section on the side of the hill and in the gully was superb, the track had cut in nice and it was just railing around nicely. rolled into camp and waited for the singles shocker to crawl back and commence a tyre repair. I slipped out for another run before beer oclock but the sun was getting down and it was hard to see in some spots so I was happy to get back to a cold beverage. cold was the order of the nite as I had grabbed the wrong swag when packing and the one I unfolded had no pillow or sleeping bag in it ??? survived and woke up to a swarm of bees...no? a bloody drone wheres the shotty when you need it ;D. what a great jigger, looked at the screen while he was flying around and fantastic shots of the site. After a nice B&E brekky we went out to cut some laps. someone had gone out that night and scattered loose big rocks all over the place..was struggling to hold a line, riding like an old wobbler..(that I am) the low sun hitting the dust clouds just killed any forward vision and it was hard work for a bit. by the third lap I was back in the swing of things. took the blue loop out from the start (the dead horse loop) I didn't see any dead horse or smell it?? nose full of dust I think. It was a bit different than the red loop with a nice variety of gills and gullies along a sweet flowing track allowing you to get a pace up and hold it while railing corners and rolling down the slopes. very enjoyable. I took the 87 husky single shocker for a loop and there is a big difference in the two bikes. a disc brake makes for happy stopping. the fancy pipe gave the motor a huuuge mid hit before signing off well before my 400 which revs right out. the forks on the single shocker were the later models with valving in the bottom of the rods..a huge improvement. was easy to steer in the tighter stuff and handles the hits on rocks nicer. was near 2 oclock so we called it a day (my chain tensioner had snapped as the rear axle nut had come loose ::) or did I not tighten it when I adjusted the chain??? who knows..
packed my bags and we headed off after a great couple of days. was well worth the trip. big thanks to Dennis and the VTR crew for putting on the event and TB and his mates for welcoming me in the camp.

looking to ride cooka this year as well....don't forget Harrow!

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:41 PM »
Thanks once again to the VTR crew and everyone else involved for putting on another great event. I Really enjoyed the loop especially with the 3 different sections on offer so you could mix it up a bit for added variety. After a minor carby change following the first lap out i had the IT running nicely and the 50mm suspension lift I made to the DT 400 helped it out a lot in the harder rocky sections. In the end I only took the XR out for one lap for the whole weekend as i was enjoying myself so much on the IT.
There is some footage here taken heading out on the loop on the IT
https://youtu.be/6KMTwlMTHkQ

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:19:41 PM by Trokel510 »
85' Husky TE510, 83' XR250R, 76' DT400C, 81' XL500S, 85' XL250R, 80' XT250, 82' XT200.
Hmmm, What should I buy next?
In case you were wondering it was an 85' CR250R. Then a 76' DT250 and a 01' XR250 and it didn't stop there

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2017, 08:33:37 PM »
 I Nice Look at the Action on the weekend on You Tube

I hope you enjoy ...

https://youtu.be/mjI4fRwQ4Ug

Offline Tony.Brown

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »
What a great event!

It was great to see more interstate riders making the journey to take part, 80-85 Husky drove all the way from Bendigo, Peter Gell drove from Melbourne, and I believe they had a great time.
Sincere thanks to the land owner Mick, the VTR crew and all who volunteered and helped out to make this an event not to be missed.
Where is all the drone footage?, you know, the one that was flying around at six f#$king thirty AM Sunday!
Seriously though, there must be some great footage from the drones that were flying around.
The course was a great improvement from last years event, and wore in nicely.
My personal experience started of ok and quickly turned to shit, while riding Neil Frost's 1986 400WR, his muffler fell off while being followed by a good dude on a TS250X with a Yamaha tank, who picked it up and rode up to me with it, saving me a long walk down hill and back up. Whoever you are, I owe you a beer!
My next lap out with 80-85 Husky wasn't much better, while trying to keep up (exercise in futility) in the dust, I nailed a rather large square rock and punctured my front tyre.
No further problems for the weekend, awesome loops, I didn't see a single bike broken down, not even a green one! Although I did see a green one pushed back in to camp.......
The best part was no injuries for the weekend according to Dennis, great result.
Tony Brown.

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2017, 06:27:29 PM »
like all plans, mine changed a bit coming up to the ride. was planning a leisurely cruise up Friday to stay in berra before arriving at the site early Saturday but a call to work on Friday sorted that and I was up 5 am to drive 6.5 hrs to make Saturday sign in at 1 o'clock. this plan was nearly scuppered by a pea souper fog in central vic that had me crawling along at 60 k's for 3/4 of an hour before it lifted. once on the humorous hwy I adjusted my speed via the gps and made it on time. Signed in and got sorted quickly, always a good thing at these events and headed out for a loop. was a nice flowing track with all the right things...rocks, tight sudden turns to catch you out, off camber corners some techy down hills and occaisional open section. it was good. went out with TB for a second run and was really getting the swing of it till the first little jump over gully (just a wheel width hole actually but I hit the shifter with my toe as I leaned back and got a top end rev out for my trouble and nearly went over the bars  :o gave the shoulders a work out so  I let them cool down and waited for TB who arrived nursing a flat front tyre so I headed off slipping back into the grrooove. the last section on the side of the hill and in the gully was superb, the track had cut in nice and it was just railing around nicely. rolled into camp and waited for the singles shocker to crawl back and commence a tyre repair. I slipped out for another run before beer oclock but the sun was getting down and it was hard to see in some spots so I was happy to get back to a cold beverage. cold was the order of the nite as I had grabbed the wrong swag when packing and the one I unfolded had no pillow or sleeping bag in it ??? survived and woke up to a swarm of bees...no? a bloody drone wheres the shotty when you need it ;D. what a great jigger, looked at the screen while he was flying around and fantastic shots of the site. After a nice B&E brekky we went out to cut some laps. someone had gone out that night and scattered loose big rocks all over the place..was struggling to hold a line, riding like an old wobbler..(that I am) the low sun hitting the dust clouds just killed any forward vision and it was hard work for a bit. by the third lap I was back in the swing of things. took the blue loop out from the start (the dead horse loop) I didn't see any dead horse or smell it?? nose full of dust I think. It was a bit different than the red loop with a nice variety of gills and gullies along a sweet flowing track allowing you to get a pace up and hold it while railing corners and rolling down the slopes. very enjoyable. I took the 87 husky single shocker for a loop and there is a big difference in the two bikes. a disc brake makes for happy stopping. the fancy pipe gave the motor a huuuge mid hit before signing off well before my 400 which revs right out. the forks on the single shocker were the later models with valving in the bottom of the rods..a huge improvement. was easy to steer in the tighter stuff and handles the hits on rocks nicer. was near 2 oclock so we called it a day (my chain tensioner had snapped as the rear axle nut had come loose ::) or did I not tighten it when I adjusted the chain??? who knows..
packed my bags and we headed off after a great couple of days. was well worth the trip. big thanks to Dennis and the VTR crew for putting on the event and TB and his mates for welcoming me in the camp.

looking to ride cooka this year as well....don't forget Harrow!

Big Thanks To 80/85 Husky john for making the drive ...still going over Photo Hear is a Good One of Ya ..

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2017, 06:37:49 PM »
Hear is a Few Photo for Dave O  from Sydney from His Drone  .Dave is working on a Video and as soon as its Done We put up on the forum

Big thank to you Dave ..Thanks Mate ...   Now Enjoy

Sun Rise Saturday

The Loop is Out there ... 20kms Main  a 15 Kms  and a 8 kms  ....

Camper set up

Sign On saturday

« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:07:20 PM by VTR Vinduro »

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »
Dave at the Controls 

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2017, 06:41:58 PM »

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2017, 06:43:48 PM »
cool, some more footage, only the first part of 4 for the entire loop...still working out this movie business
https://youtu.be/08Vk_pBHPXA