Author Topic: New hips, woohoo!  (Read 10663 times)

Offline Digga

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: New hips, woohoo!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 10:53:35 am »
Pete, wash your mouth out with 2T oil. Husky Mick on a Yamaha, that's never going to happen..........
1977 Yamaha YZ250D, 1977 Yamaha YZ400D, 1980 Yamaha YZ125G

Offline Digga

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2016, 11:32:09 am »
Wait, what's this, paparazzi snaps of the great man secretly practicing already & its not even made in Sweden, shame on you Mick LOL

1977 Yamaha YZ250D, 1977 Yamaha YZ400D, 1980 Yamaha YZ125G

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 08:02:05 am »
That's not me on the farm bike, it's fake Mick, or at least that's the story I'm sticking to!
Progress report day 6 (after the operation):
60% of the swelling has subsided (good), I'm moving pretty freely other than for some lack of power in my legs. The right side seems to have copped a bit more trauma from the procedure & is the holdup at this point. Still have to sleep on my back which is a tad awkward, can roll on to my side but can't stay there as it hurts. I'm pretty fast on one crutch & not too bad on no crutches. Already I can have my knees up (lying on my back) with feet 95% up to my butt & can finally put a pair of socks on, a couple of things I haven't been able to do for the last 2 years. Yesterday (day 5), I even managed 10 minutes on the exercise bike with only very minor discomfort getting on & off the bike. As for pain killers, I'm only on Panadol, Ibuprofen & Mobic. I haven't had to use the Endone up to this point. This is frickin' amazing, I have more mobility & less pain, still dealing with a significant amount of trauma from the surgery, than I've had for the last 2 years with the condition. All I can say is for anyone with hip issues (or any chronic condition) who are hesitant to undergo the surgery for whatever reason, just do it.
K

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 07:26:04 pm »
great to hear mick. a friends wife (nurse to boot) had both knees replaced and it was12 weeks of nightmare, immobility, shocking pain and general trauma all round. so its good that you have come in well within the bell curve...now I will never catch you.. the only way I could stay in front was being able to get on and get going quicker... 8)

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 11:16:03 am »
Good for you. Im sure its been a long road. Its behind you and you can go back to living your life. I know 2 people that have had replacement surgies. Their only regret is they waited too long living in pain to have it done

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 09:38:50 pm »
Glad to hear its working out for you Mick, recovery can be a hard road but it's just like starting a Husky, you just have to keep at it ;D

Hope you got the quality rebuildable units and not the cheap throw away parts :o
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2016, 10:20:55 am »
Day 18 & all is good as far as the surgery side of it goes. I'm really mobile but don't quite have full power in my legs just yet. The downside is something that no-one even mentioned may happen. After over a year of high end pain killers including opiates, I am having pretty ordinary withdrawal symptoms. High agitation (some say that's normal for me, lol), every muscle in my body aches, I shiver with cold in 30 degree heat, have become an insomniac & when I do sleep, I wake up with the bed drenched after a cold sweat. This is SHIT!! I'm told I have 2-3 weeks of this to look forward to (oh joy). I guess everything has a price.
K

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2016, 12:31:02 pm »
Bloody drug addicts  ;D
I think the withdrawal symptoms will be worth it in a month. By then you may have your strength back as well & you won't look back

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2016, 03:04:39 pm »
I knew you had to be on drugs from some of the dealings we have had ;).  Seriously - hope you get through it OK.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2016, 06:31:02 pm »
I wondered what would happen when they depatched you Mick. had a sister in law hooked on opiates, took months to find all the hidden drugs she had multiple prescribed her self....will have to check the shed for hidden peth stashes!!

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2016, 01:07:10 pm »
crikey digger you'd be no good as a scrutineer, they are "internal" upgrades ;D