Author Topic: DYO Zinc plating  (Read 10117 times)

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: DYO Zinc plating
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2016, 08:57:07 pm »
I have one but haven’t used it as yet. It does come with a very complete instruction manual and is expandable.

Only issue is that the chemistry is a bit concealed as to it's exact makeup from memory, leading into re-purchasing from Caswell.

I imagine it would be the same with the Jane kits.

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2016, 10:19:19 pm »
Thanks , I am not too concerned about " concealment's", as long as I have a steady supply and kits that will work . What impressed me most , they have hard anodizing kit as well . So I am looking at Zinc , hard chrome and the two type of anodizing kits.Quality and  Backup will be the criteria . When we do it , then we will do it right .
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 05:23:44 pm »
This has me wondering about a hard finish on the bing carb slide on my little dkw. The slides apparently are known to wear and do seem a bit "ordinary"

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 06:06:26 pm »
This has me wondering about a hard finish on the bing carb slide on my little dkw. The slides apparently are known to wear and do seem a bit "ordinary"

Slide is probably Zinc so it won't anodise. The kit will be for decorative anodising rather than hard anodising which is what should be used

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 11:18:25 am »
At school we used to zinc plate most of our metal work projects. (Anything that would fit in the tub)
We used to zinc plate 1 and 2c pieces and try and pass them off as 5s and 10s at the tuck shop. (8c profit - those were the days!)