Author Topic: Footpegs  (Read 4462 times)

Offline craigclayton

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Footpegs
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:59:26 pm »
Am after some wide foot pegs for an rm125b, any body know where I can get a set
Cheers
74 Bultaco 250, 77 RM125b

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Footpegs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:01:17 pm »
Geoff morris concepts

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 08:46:55 am »
I cant recommend these highly enough

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251923305743?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Great pegs with pins and springs and cheap postage

The knockers of all things out of China will be along in a minute to cast doubt and gloom   ::)

I have bought 5 sets and very happy with them  ;D

Came from a recommendation on here so others are using them to .

Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:30:56 am »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251923305743?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The knockers of all things out of China will be along in a minute to cast doubt and gloom   ::)

I have  brought the same ones and they look good and are larger than the standard ones in stainless  to ;)

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 11:11:08 am »
Fitted mine to my Kx 250 1975    no problems at all.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 11:28:43 am »

I use these also, I realized how good the material was when I had to drill-out the pin holes, wrecked 5 drill-bits!  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Woody

• A-Grade
  • Heaven #70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 08:00:03 pm »
will these pegs suit the 80/81 YZ peg mounts?
WANTED 

1988/89 125 - CR KX YZ   
YZ125G, YZ250H and YZ80G parts
IT200 stuff
CR250RD parts

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 12:23:59 am »
yep John - amazing how quick stainless work hardens

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 07:12:32 am »
Here is a tip when drilling stainless steel. As mentioned before S/S work hardens when you work it (this includes drilling and machining) the rule of thumb is low speed high feed. This means you should select a low drill speed and apply lots of pressure to the drill.

This is a general rule which will be helpful when drilling, if you can get your hands on a drill press all the better as you can apply good pressure with the machine and hold the workpiece firmly in the vice. The risk of the drill biting in and spinning the job is greater when you are applying a greater pressure to the drill, so keep that in mind also.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 07:37:18 am »
Here is a tip when drilling stainless steel. As mentioned before S/S work hardens when you work it (this includes drilling and machining) the rule of thumb is low speed high feed. This means you should select a low drill speed and apply lots of pressure to the drill.

This is a general rule which will be helpful when drilling, if you can get your hands on a drill press all the better as you can apply good pressure with the machine and hold the workpiece firmly in the vice. The risk of the drill biting in and spinning the job is greater when you are applying a greater pressure to the drill, so keep that in mind also.

Thanks for this, i will try this.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2016, 09:10:22 am »

Thanks  :-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 11:38:40 am »

Good advice or you can sharpen a masonary drill or use an ARTU drill bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdSim29sStw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbJq2z2ya80
Jesus only loves two strokes