Author Topic: How does one stay focused  (Read 9051 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: How does one stay focused
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2016, 09:12:08 pm »
Don't get too excited about the "reliable" bit. They're old bikes, they'll always find ways to mess you up... But the good thing is that if it all turns KTM-shaped, someone will lend you a bike.

Well that's a relief, when I saw your name in this thread I thought you were going to be giving advice about staying focused :o
 ;D

Right back at you... How's that KX200 coming along? The KX125? The HL500? What about the KX250? Or...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 10:01:52 pm »
Don't get too excited about the "reliable" bit. They're old bikes, they'll always find ways to mess you up... But the good thing is that if it all turns KTM-shaped, someone will lend you a bike.

Well that's a relief, when I saw your name in this thread I thought you were going to be giving advice about staying focused :o
 ;D

Right back at you... How's that KX200 coming along? The KX125? The HL500? What about the KX250? Or...

Hey, you can't throw back at me!
No fair
KX 200; I wrote up an intro for the build but was then too exhausted to actually do the build
KX 125; I looked at it the other day (it was in the way of something else)
HL500; built 79 of them now, still practiseing
KX 250; Bragged to someone the other day that I own one

Here you go Jimson, you just need a magnifying glass
Allthough this article is about racing you can apply the logic to most things in life

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 02:15:34 pm »
I have unfinished projects dating back 25+ years. It's a mental disorder that's the polar opposite of those who are OCD and have to have everything finished and in neat order.

Symptoms include:

The inability to clean up or tidy your shed. You may make many attempts, but are usually distracted half way through by finding an unfinished project you forgot about, or going to the tip and bringing home a new one.

You can't buy a complete running motorcycle.  The more disassembled and cruddy it is, the more attractive it is.

You may be half way through a restoration an find your missing a bolt. It takes three weeks to find it, by then you've bought two new projects.

Eventually over time you find your whole life is one unfinished project, from the broken gate hinge, the miss firing lawnmower, the leaking roof, the bathroom tiling, the out of control Bindi, to the point that the bikes become a forgotten memory, except when you have to push past them to find the chainsaw that you need to fix to cut back the tree blocking your driveway.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 04:51:41 pm »
OCD is a bitch  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2016, 05:29:05 pm »
I have unfinished projects dating back 25+ years. It's a mental disorder that's the polar opposite of those who are OCD and have to have everything finished and in neat order.

Symptoms include:

The inability to clean up or tidy your shed. You may make many attempts, but are usually distracted half way through by finding an unfinished project you forgot about, or going to the tip and bringing home a new one.

You can't buy a complete running motorcycle.  The more disassembled and cruddy it is, the more attractive it is.

You may be half way through a restoration an find your missing a bolt. It takes three weeks to find it, by then you've bought two new projects.

Eventually over time you find your whole life is one unfinished project, from the broken gate hinge, the miss firing lawnmower, the leaking roof, the bathroom tiling, the out of control Bindi, to the point that the bikes become a forgotten memory, except when you have to push past them to find the chainsaw that you need to fix to cut back the tree blocking your driveway.

Who would have ever thought it! At last some one who finally knows how difficult it all is ;D
Welcome to my world :)
Howdy brother 8)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 07:54:11 pm »
Howdy Mick D. Yes people don't understand, they just look at our mess and shake their heads. Say stuff like "You should fix this." Or "When are you going to clean that up." The only person I will let into my shed is my brother because he suffers it worse than me.

Being in a tidy environment does my head in, I need chaos to function. I also can't have anything good. If I buy something brand new I will dent or scratch it within a week.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2016, 10:31:11 pm »
Wow, Crash n Bern you sound like your in my head living my life lol I thought I was the only one with this disorder. It makes me feel so much better knowing others are out there.  :o jimson
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 07:31:15 am by jimson »
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 09:35:56 am »
I feel better too, we should start a self help group and get our syndrome recognised. Then go for government funding.