Author Topic: KARMA  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
Eat your heart out Earl!

The good dead;

I dropped into my local farm machinery/Honda/Yamaha dealer on the way home this afternoon to make a contribution to a fund for one of the young guys from the local bike club who crashed his Yamaha YZ-whatever practicing for the 24Hr trial a few weeks ago. Russel broke his leg in 9 places and also both his wrists.  Since the ambos cut his riding gear off of him, Patto, the mechanic at the shop (who also is fixing Russel's bike for free) descided to do a whip around to buy some new gear for him.

The reward;

The bike sales guy was doing a bit of a clean up of one of the sheds and said I could have this old Suzuki TC100 (1972 model he said) for free, because he was going to throw it on the scrap metal pile at the tip otherwise (he doesn't know that I have a deal with the tip attendant and would have gotten it anyway).  While taking about it, Patto showed me a very complete early 70's Yamaha AG175 (the best/most original AG175 I have seen in at least 25 years) that would probably be heading in the same direction in the next day or so because of a broke countershaft, and said it was also mine if the owner didn't want it back!  So, one new old bike and possibly another just for being a good person!  So I now have another option should the 100cc bucket class get going.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: KARMA
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »
 Jaysus Col,
               Would you really send the dog out on a Knight like that ???;D     Cheers,   T250.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 07:30:50 pm »
Identical to the one I have, Col I would be interested in the Headlight\ instruments and other road gear if you are going to make a Bucket of bolts.( It's a 1974 model)   Cheers Tim
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:29:08 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:51:21 pm »
What a gem. Perfect for the dunger class. Send it up to Doc..It's just his style. Give hime three days and a can of WD40 and he'll have it race ready.

Doc

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 06:59:49 am »
yup! plenty of potential there Col, I reckon take the seat directly to the trimmers and the rest you could have looking a million bucks by the time it comes back to be fitted ;)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 08:10:29 am »
Now that is PATINA!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline BETRIC

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 06:37:30 am »
THE TC100 YOU HAVE IS A 1974 MODEL ;D
DELTEK, 72 MINI TRAIL, 73/4 XR75, 77/78 XR75, DG MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, REDLINE FRAME XR75, PK RACING MONOSHOCK FRAME XR75, JWRP XR FRAME, SL70K1, 81 CR80RB, TY80A/B, YZ80A/B/D, GT50/80A, GTMX80A, 73 GTMX, GT1, COOPER MX, COOPER ENDURO,MX360A,MX250B,YZ125X MX100, 72 XL250, TC100,TL125, TY250C,IT250J

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 08:52:25 am »
THE TC100 YOU HAVE IS A 1974 MODEL ;D

Ya, now that would have to be the best year  ;)  ;D
Enjoy your little karma gift  :)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 10:01:38 pm »
It runs, well sort of. 

I spend a couple of hours in the shed today and got the might beast running. Cleaned and reset the points, stripped and cleaned the carbie, plus fitted a new spark plug. Had to steal the kick start off of my RV125, and after a lot of kicking, and then turning the bike upside down to drain all the fuel out of the crankcase it started.  More smoke coming from under the bike than out of the end of the exhaust, and it sounds like the pipe is fairly choked up, but it doesn't have any real bad rattles, so it looks like it is definitly a keeper.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!