Author Topic: Hello from MO, USA  (Read 10177 times)

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from MO, USA
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2015, 09:40:31 pm »
I like your pictures Mike.
I see more trick swing arms in Maicos now than I did back in the day.

Offline MikeD94

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from MO, USA
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 09:10:25 am »
I too was a regular at Cycle World in St Peters!

My days were from roughly 1973 through 1976 when we moved away.

There are a couple of pictures of me on the Cycle World Facebook page, #181 on a TM100, RM125M, and maybe the RM250 I had then.

That was a great track run by great folks. I'm getting back into the vintage program but have just today suffered a setback (see my post in the Suzuki section!

Maybe we'll run into each other next season.

Pretty cool that you are getting into vintage mx.  I'll look for you next season...keep in mind that I only go to races within 3 hrs of St.Louis. 

I like your pictures Mike.
I see more trick swing arms in Maicos now than I did back in the day.

Believe it or not the swing arm on my Maico is the original Thor swing arm made back in '81.  I need to keep an eye on potential cracks since this is one old swing arm.  Don't mean to brag but I still ride this 490 hard.

Speaking of riding it...the past 2 weekends I took this Maico along with my current race bike '03 Honda CR250 to ride at prepped practice at Archview mx.  I'd ride 2 motos on the Honda and one moto on a Maico.  It's kinda cool to receive comments and questions about the Maico and to be able to hang with modern bikes.  One spectator thought there was a helicopter flying around but realized it's the way the Maico sounds.  Now thinking about it...this Maico is older than most riders I rode with.  No wonder why I'd get stares while we were waiting to start off our group.