Author Topic: Three Round VMX Champs Wonthaggi VIC (DMCC) 2015  (Read 2597 times)

Offline Viper65

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Three Round VMX Champs Wonthaggi VIC (DMCC) 2015
« on: August 09, 2015, 07:10:04 pm »
Dandenong MCC will be hosting a three round club champs and are including Pre90 classes e.g. pre90, pre85 and Evo.  The track will be altered to be VMX friendly (no big jumps) for the vintage classes.
First round is 20th Sept (back up date is 27th Sept), then 11th Oct, then 7th Nov
Supported by Scooter News, Y-AIM and Byrners
Hope to see some of you racers out there!
Suzuki RM370B, RM400C, RM400N, RM250D, RM250K, PE250 (82), KTM 250GS (81), KTM350GS (88), XR600 x 2, RMZ450 x 2 (07 and 012), KTM250 EXC, Gas Gas 125 (08), Gas Gas 250 (10) Trials & TTR125 and XR80 (82)
Author of Scooter News

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Three Round VMX Champs Wonthaggi VIC (DMCC) 2015
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 10:28:58 pm »
Do you need to be a DMCC member to run the vmx mate?
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 08:39:18 am »
Why schedule a VMX meeting in which clashes with a VMX meeting (VIPER grass track), especially in the same state & general area? Viper calendar was set way back at the start of the year, so no excuses there. Plain disrespectful IMO.
K

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 05:34:37 pm »
Agreed Mick, not hard to check club calendars. Probably no malice intended but appears careless. J

Offline Viper65

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 09:22:16 pm »
Hi guys!
No disrespect OR carelessness intended by the club in this scheduling.  The DMCC series starting on 20th Sept at Wonthaggi in Gippsland is a club MODERN mx meeting/series and it has ADDED to it a vintage class (pre90, pre85 and evo combined) which DMCC have been running also in their modern enduro series this year.  These classes were included in the series as the Thumpercross at Lardner Park was no longer being run and if successful will be run in the future club scheduling.
These vintage classes were added into the modern series by request from other DMCC members wanting to get into vintage racing as well as racing their modern bikes on the same day, myself included as I am not currently doing the Viper series (as we are covering predominantly off-road racing this year, and DMCC events) but still want the opportunity to ride my vintage bikes with my club.

There are three rounds in total, two don't clash with Viper and two don't clash with VCM!  The club has limited flexibility with the weekends left available this year to run this series for various reasons as you would appreciate.
Everyone is invited to ride and day membership is available - life is, fortunately and sometimes unfortunately, full of choices and every week I have to choose 'what event' 'what bike'.  And I feel lucky that DMCC are allowing me easier choices!

Scooter News would love to promote ANY VMX club as we go around the state every weekend - and we have made this offer on many occasions and feel we are being successful in this with a good proportion of our readers now owning or intending to own vintage bikes (MX and vinduro).  Happy to provide a list of names of such people who have recently purchased vintage bikes not just for their club events but many intending to join in VMX-specific events in the future.
We are always promoting ALL things vintage even if we can't get to the events - some clash, some don't.  And we welcome reports and event promotions, just last week we ran a great report from Goose Martin from Viper Yanakie.

The more vintage events that are out there the more the VMX movements will see the benefit from them IMO, even if sometimes they may clash. 
I wish Viper a successful event at Clarkefield on 20th Sept and hopefully some of you guys can get along to one of the DMCC events at Wonthaggi.
Happy to chat 0412 999 905, Steve
Suzuki RM370B, RM400C, RM400N, RM250D, RM250K, PE250 (82), KTM 250GS (81), KTM350GS (88), XR600 x 2, RMZ450 x 2 (07 and 012), KTM250 EXC, Gas Gas 125 (08), Gas Gas 250 (10) Trials & TTR125 and XR80 (82)
Author of Scooter News