Author Topic: 2015 Blackwood Vinduro: August 29 - 30  (Read 17117 times)

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Blackwood Vinduro: August 29 - 30
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 03:56:58 pm »
By the way, inside of the hubs on my fine Euro steed were clean as Toni Bou's scorecard!

did it not leave the pits Paul??

mmmmmmmmmmmmm,Grrrrrrrrrrrr!
Almost - had to wait almost 3 days in the pits on the Sunday for a certain KDX to be rebuilt enough to wobble around after me. Anyway, the SWM is the Muhammad Ali of the offroad world - floats like a butterfly above the water and mud and stings like a bee in the open stuff.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 11:13:07 pm »
Deglaze

Damn, when I first saw that pic I thought you must've been baking chocolate cakes for us all to enjoy at Blackwood...

Any idea on numbers so far?

We're expecting around the same as last year, about 60+

Most of the loop will be different to last year, but two of the 'memorable' hills will be included again. There'll also be a tricky hill climb with added rocky goodness that Drakie seemed especially excited about ;).

Just like last year, we'll depart from the tennis court area at the recreation reserve. Riders briefing is at 8.30am  on Sunday, and we'll be raffling off some prizes then as well.

The pre-entry window has more or less closed, but you still enter at the event as long as your bike is registered or has a permit.

Tex

Offline Short Stuff

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2015, 06:16:28 pm »

My brakes looked the same and I swear there were tadpoles swimming in there as well!

Tadpoles? Phhhht! How would you tell? They'd be all squashed up! Some people just hafta exagerate, I've told you a million billion times.........

By the way, inside of the hubs on my fine Euro steed were clean as Toni Bou's scorecard!

Maybe it was the squished tadpole guts that were affecting my braking performance, then?

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2015, 09:08:39 am »

What's up for Sunday breakfast ?

Catered or byo ?

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2015, 12:27:04 pm »

What's up for Sunday breakfast ?

Catered or byo ?

Yes, catered. Just basic fare. Fried greasies cooked by a singlet wearing cook with a ciggie dropping ash into the eggs!

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 05:22:09 pm »
Another date clash with Viper, must organise it better next year. Haven't made any vinduro's this year (or last) due to clashes & this one's just up the road, doh!
K

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2015, 05:40:40 pm »
Another date clash with Viper, must organise it better next year. Haven't made any vinduro's this year (or last) due to clashes & this one's just up the road, doh!
K

We'll look into it for next year to try avoid some of the clashes.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2015, 08:24:18 am »
Fried greasies cooked by a singlet wearing cook with a ciggie dropping ash into the eggs!

Is that vegan-friendly ash?

Tex

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 10:06:25 am »
Setting out the course continues, with a few refinements being made to what promises to be a terrific ride. 

There will still be the special test area from last year for riders to have a practice on Saturday, but it most likely won’t be marked out. You can also explore some of the trails around the area on Saturday if you wish.

Good tyres are strongly recommended as are plastic bags and duct tape to waterproof your boots. This is due to the large amount of puddles around, rather than creek crossings etc.

Same day entries are welcome of course.

Tex
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 08:23:25 pm by Tex »

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 08:45:46 am »
VERi has received the following email from a local business called The Blackwood Merchant:

Blackwood looks forward to hosting the Vintage Enduro this coming weekend.

For your members who might be staying Friday night we offer house-made pizza from 6pm till late.  Bookings are recommended.  We are fully licensed & stock both well known labels & local beer, wine and Cider.

We're open Saturday from  9am for coffee, breakfast and serve lunch from 12 noon.

Then on Saturday afternoons from 3pm we invite your members for sundowners on our deck.  You can indulge in tasting plates, nibbles & platters. 

Sunday we do It all again from 9am. 

Bookings recommended for all meals.  Check us out @ www.theblackwoodmerchant.com

The Blackwood Merchant Licensed Cafe & Providore
21 Martin Street, Blackwood 3458
OPEN
THURS - SUN 9AM - 4PM
FRIDAY NIGHT - PIZZA NIGHT6PM - LATE
Booking is a good idea! 03 5368 6525

It's great to see local businesses embracing these events, so as always we encourage as many people as possible to support local businesses as much as possible.

Tex

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 05:49:11 pm »
Many thanks to VERi and all the people that organised this weekends ride at Blackwood.
l enjoyed the very comfortable accommodation and the hot showers provided, a couple of bacon/egg rolls & tea for breakfast and the well signed 48km course we rode.
There was also a raffle and l won a new front knobby  :)

I though Blackwood was the best ride of last year and this year was as good despite being a wetter course  :)

« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:50:56 pm by kdx Geoff »
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 07:13:14 pm »
Thanks to the organisers and helpers it was a great event it was wet but I love those conditions its got to up there with the best of them I slept a bit uncomfortably in the back of the ute and went home cold and dirty but smiling all the way.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 10:34:29 pm »
Another great event…

It was certainly challenging, with some of the “puddles” more like inland lakes after intermittent rain in the days leading up to the event. There seemed to be an endless supply of slippery, snotty hills great and small, and man weren’t they fun.

Jeez you had to watch some of those logs and branches lying across the track too - they were slimy.

I’m a bit embarrassed about my paltry single lap now, especially as some folks managed three. Must try harder next time… I must make special mention of the chap who rode his first ever vinduro yesterday, and completed the course on a nifty little DT100! Well done that man!

From a club perspective, we were thrilled with the turn out which exceeded last year’s event, so hopefully this will continue to grow.

As mentioned already here and elsewhere, recognition is due to the volunteers who made it all happen.

Tex

Offline cr750

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • My home page
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2015, 06:46:29 pm »
VERi, once again, did a sterling job of organising the 2015 Blackwood Vinduro.
Here are a few minutes of video from the Vinduro Penrite Team's helmetcam.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRXNMf7zfZE

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2015, 09:31:37 pm »
Good footage I was on the same bike at blackwood as you the TS's are great fun to ride.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."