Author Topic: Matt Moss crash at Shep..  (Read 26517 times)

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Moss crash at Shep..
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 05:23:01 pm »
I was there but missed the incident as I was unloading bikes for the retro display behind a viewing mound,I saw him in mid flight then disappear from view then a thud was heard followed by the crowd collectively expleting various ooh's ah's & other comments,I quickly sprinted up the bank & asked WTF happened?

I believe he was on a superpole lap or whatever they call it, Lucky only one bike at a time I think,Imagine the carnage if the whole field was out there.

This shit should not happen no matter what >:(

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 08:14:44 pm »
I was told by someone who was there that Matt was sent off on his super pole hot lap, if so it can't be any fault of his. I heard broken, leg, wrist & all his ribs. He's in a world of hurt no matter what. It's a huge deal & I don't think you can blame the fork up fairy on this one.
K

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 09:46:55 pm »
Someone is going to be in trouble , his lucky to be alive still

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 09:55:10 pm »
Do they have flaggies for super pole?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 10:09:52 pm »
Happened before (Graeme Morris hit the traveling marshal while leading at Bathurst in 85/86 or so) to this hopefully something good comes from it and Matt Moss makes a full recovery.

God Speed
Jules Bianchi
RIP
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 07:38:02 am »
I'm told there was a flaggie at the jump, the plot thickens.
K

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 09:43:42 am »
I was there and saw the incident first hand.

Standing at the club canteen I heard the announcement that Matt Moss was about to start his super poll lap. I turned around to see Matt in full flight over the finish line jump. As I'm watching, I see him starting to "scrub" the bike as he is coming in for landing and I thought he was riding to the ninth degree until the bobcat came into view. Before I could even think WTF, Luckily (great crash management) for Matt he managed to get the bike to ground before impact. The noise was sickening. The sight was unbelievable. The rear tyre of the bobcat actually blew, the impact was that hard.

To try and blame the Bobcat operator is so far off the mark it's not cricket.....The bobcat was called onto the track BEFORE Mossy was called to start his hot lap which is why I was at the canteen. There's no point in watching a bobcat right?

No doubt the poor bugger in the bobcat feels bad enough as it is. I hope the operator isn't being too harsh on himself.

The fault lies squarely with clerk of the course first hand and with race control up in the tower who have line of sight of the entire track. The control tower is at the jump where the accident happened! All the "important" types around the track had communication devices. Red flags should of been on display as the track was quite obviously not clear. Yep, there was a flaggie at the jump. What they were doing, only they know?

I used to ride in the same club as the Moss brothers and watched both boys come up through the ranks so I know the boys fairly well.

I know how tough Matt is and I hope he has a speedy recovery. I wish you well Matt.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 09:55:46 am »
Plot thickens all right.

I'd best recant my previous aspersions regarding machinery being operated by morons, and accept being the ass I've made myself, by assuming.

It sounds like a dreadful event that shouldn't have happened.

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:32 am »
I was there and saw the incident first hand.

Standing at the club canteen I heard the announcement that Matt Moss was about to start his super poll lap. I turned around to see Matt in full flight over the finish line jump. As I'm watching, I see him starting to "scrub" the bike as he is coming in for landing and I thought he was riding to the ninth degree until the bobcat came into view. Before I could even think WTF, Luckily (great crash management) for Matt he managed to get the bike to ground before impact. The noise was sickening. The sight was unbelievable. The rear tyre of the bobcat actually blew, the impact was that hard.

To try and blame the Bobcat operator is so far off the mark it's not cricket.....The bobcat was called onto the track BEFORE Mossy was called to start his hot lap which is why I was at the canteen. There's no point in watching a bobcat right?

No doubt the poor bugger in the bobcat feels bad enough as it is. I hope the operator isn't being too harsh on himself.

The fault lies squarely with clerk of the course first hand and with race control up in the tower who have line of sight of the entire track. The control tower is at the jump where the accident happened! All the "important" types around the track had communication devices. Red flags should of been on display as the track was quite obviously not clear. Yep, there was a flaggie at the jump. What they were doing, only they know?

I used to ride in the same club as the Moss brothers and watched both boys come up through the ranks so I know the boys fairly well.

I know how tough Matt is and I hope he has a speedy recovery. I wish you well Matt.

Good to get a clear and concise account of what went down from someone who actually saw it happen .

Dreadful business but finger pointing without knowing the facts is ignorant at best so its nice in a macabre sort of way to hear the facts as presented above .

Wishing Matt Moss a speedy and full recovery and many championships to come .

Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 01:20:57 pm »
Anyone who was a witness should ring MA and offer to give them their story.

To everyone else stop speculating.  There will be a full investigation and the facts will come out.

We don't need to know everything and most statements on here are speculation.

Even the statement on Matt's facebook page is not pointing a finger.

Hopefully Matt will make a full recovery.

Get well soon Matt.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:28:46 pm by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 02:02:05 pm »
It's human nature to seek answers. Open speculation is a healthy and positive exercise, providing it doesn't pretend to be fact. Thinking about, and discusing what happened (and why) also makes us all better at understanding and avoiding the risks in our own lives.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 02:18:51 pm »
It's human nature to seek answers. Open speculation is a healthy and positive exercise, providing it doesn't pretend to be fact. Thinking about, and discusing what happened (and why) also makes us all better at understanding and avoiding the risks in our own lives.

Without any knowledge of this particular incident:
It is human nature to watch the riders coming towards you. The exact opposite of what a flag marshell should be doing.
The number of times I've yelled "look behind you" at marshals standing with their back to carnage....watching riders accelerate towards the them....

More training?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 02:39:22 pm »
One rider on the track. Surely the flaggie could hear the bobcat only a few metres away?

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 03:04:51 pm »
Flaggies are there to warn other riders that someone is down
There's a Bobcat on the track, therefore there is no need to do any marshalling.

Purely speculation, they may have walked off to get a drink or greasy burger from the other marshal on the Quad as it was a quiet moment because as far as they knew the track was closed!
If the whole pack was coming they may have been more alert.

I always find this one rider on the track thing as boring as batshit
Spectators may not have been taking any notice at this part of the track either because the Bobcat was out or because they too find the one rider thing boring.

Accidents usually happen for a number of reasons that accumulate together, it is rarely down to just one circumstance.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 03:06:18 pm »
It is human nature to rubber neck and this is what you are all doing.

Pull your heads in.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490