Author Topic: newby  (Read 1920 times)

Offline morerevsm3

• Novice
    • View Profile
newby
« on: June 08, 2015, 11:19:08 pm »
Hi,
this has all come about due to a long story, many years ago, my oldest son got his motorbike license, and needed a cheap reliable bike to commute the 20ks to work and back each day, we found an '86 DT175 in good nick for a good price, so bought it, and did the job admirably, until he got caught out in traffic and rode into the back of a stationary car, and wrote the car and bike off, with son doing complete somersault over the car and landed on the road in front of it, apart from severely bruised knee from the bars, and a scratched chin from the steel plate he was bringing home stuffed up his jumper, he was fine. this lead him to buy another bike the same and rode that, he eventually upgraded to other bikes, and gave the 2 DTs to my younger son, who then bought another one for spares etc....fast forward about 7 years, younger son moves over to my place, brings DTs with him, he stripped one to bare chassis and rebuilt it, then comes up with a bright idea that the 3 of us should have DT175s, and do some vinduro events, a few weeks later, this 1990 DT 175 pops up on face book, so I bought it.

sons rebuilt bike going back together-

this one will be next-

mine-

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: newby
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:32:59 am »
Welcome aboard.
I've found some helpful people on here.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:14:03 am »
so where are you, state wise.  Vinduro clubs all over Australia.
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline morerevsm3

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:03:16 pm »
so where are you, state wise.  Vinduro clubs all over Australia.
western Victoria, oldest son in SA

have done some tweaking on mine in last few weeks, it is a lot more lively now  :D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:05:18 pm by morerevsm3 »