Author Topic: Post Classic Nats journey across Oz  (Read 12810 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Post Classic Nats journey across Oz
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:21 am »
On the road again, i cant wait to get on the road again to write letters home to my friends,I cant wait to get on the road again..............  ;D

More of an overview of weekend . The local club ( established in 1926 ) worked hard to run a successful event with the riders all praising the effort they put in , it was laid back but got through the races smoothly .Heard that ash may have done a collarbone  .The queensland riders did well in the results ( a good bunch of guys ) as did the nsw guys with the local vic riders getting many of the trophys .  There were 2 s a guys that we knew of getting placed .

Met Hillyz who had exploded the top off his yz engine and was riding his daughters bike  ( set up for a 50 kg rider ) . The cr250 evo   ( no 354 ? )next to us in the pits lost a chain and now can use one of its ohlins as a boomerang . Michael Hughes had an immaculate husky and offered his pressure cleaner to us . John Selas with his yz250 ( bringing back 2 kx wheels for someone in perth from him ) . Michel Sweeney ( no 68? With a quick yz 400 ). Col metcher has added a maico to his collection of racers . During the lunch break dads and kids were walking around looking at the bikes and talking about their own bikes ( one guy had a stable of tl250 Hondas , a farmer from up the road a bit had a hodaka 100 . Three big safari type bikes  parked by the transit ) .many more people whose names I will remember later .

Went back to place we are staying in , I did a machine wash then we went to the shamrock hotel for dinner , will get moving early mon morning and will come back through Adelaide for something a bit different

cheers us three Nick, Jo & Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 01:07:39 pm »
How the hell didn't I run into you Alison???????? You must have had a quiet weekend once the racing stopped  :o
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline mposs

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 08:23:27 pm »
All three bikes....

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 08:42:03 pm »
Just the WA courier pigeon fourstrokeforever..like a good roadie  8)

As always motoposs top photos.They will be chuffed.

Nick & Jo should cross the SA/WA border tomorrow.
Hopefully catch up with them at Collie VMX Swapmeet and Euro feature-Anzac weekend.  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 11:28:56 pm »
Just the WA courier pigeon fourstrokeforever..like a good roadie  8)

As always motoposs top photos.They will be chuffed.

Nick & Jo should cross the SA/WA border tomorrow.
Hopefully catch up with them at Collie VMX Swapmeet and Euro feature-Anzac weekend.  8)

And may that pigeon never lose the ability to fly.....

I hope Nick & Jo are traveling well without any dramas after a great weekend of racin', ridin' and bench racin'

Plans are afoot for doing the same trip with with my pre78 bikes for the Classic Nats in September. Ahhh, the big open plain with the horizon for company. Schweeeet
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 07:23:58 pm »
"Met Yzhilly who had exploded the top off his yz engine and was riding his daughters bike  ( set up for a 50 kg rider )" Hmmm yeah not the perfect set up for Poppa Hilly for sure ::) ;) :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:54:57 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 07:39:47 pm »
Yeah my feet are still sore from casing out ,Still good fun it goes well ,might have to build my own shock .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 11:08:33 pm »
Last post ~~~~~
After the rain yesterday arvo we stopped at Balladonia for the night a nice little pub/ motel with a piece of Skylab in the attached museum .
Today  blue sky and the sunlight behind us, made the washed bush and red dirt with standing water look quite lovely.

Traffic seemed so slow from Northam down to Perth.

Home 4.15 this arvo , did a couple of 10hr days . The cats are ignoring us . Did the washing and went up the road for a Chinese and a bottle of wine .

Thanks to Jo and Nick for sharing their Post Classic Nats journey across Oz & back..
Alison

Catch up with Devilman on his version of the Post Classic Nationals on the other thread....what a hoot was had by all.  8)  8)
10/10 Bendigo
Over and out good buddy  :)
Best is in the West !!