Author Topic: Couple more C2 questions  (Read 1473 times)

Offline vlxk

• Novice
    • View Profile
Couple more C2 questions
« on: February 02, 2015, 02:30:36 pm »
When I disassembled the forks there was no washer/spacer between the seal and the snap ring. I didn't take photos but it seems like the seal and snap ring were basically touching when I took the forks apart.

I used OEM seals and drove them all the way to the bottom of the seal bore which left about 2mm of space between the seal and the snap ring. Is that the way it should be?

The parts lists online don't show a washer/spacer on the C2 fork, but there is one on the "B" fork. I wonder if the parts lists are incorrect, it seems all the parts websites use the same illustration. :-\

Also, upon disassembly, there was no o-ring at the swing arm pivot, only a thrust washer inside the outer cup. Is there supposed to be an o-ring there? Again, the parts lists don't show one but the Clymer manual suggests there should be.

Thanks for your help!
RM250C2
Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Couple more C2 questions
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 02:10:33 pm »
With the fork seals sometimes a gap between the seal and the bore seat is a design feature so a removal tool can be used.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline micko

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 09:42:38 pm »
My "C" forks have the seal,metal spacer then snap ring. Mongrel to get it all in, the metal spacer I have is a similar shape to the snap ring and helps lock the snap ring in. Think most people back in the day just left them out.
RM370A RM250A RM125A RM125S YZ250A YZ125C XR75K4

Offline vlxk

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 01:51:06 am »
Thanks for the replies! When I removed the seals they were a real pain. Being pressed all the way down in the seal bore it was difficult to get a bite under the seal to get them moving out of the bore.

I pushed the new seals all the down as well which left a small space between the seal and the snap ring, which lead to my question.

Thanks!
RM250C2
Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time