Author Topic: KX250/KLX250 project  (Read 2188 times)

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
KX250/KLX250 project
« on: January 27, 2015, 10:59:07 pm »
Due to a change of direction (want to build a Finke bike ;D) and a lack of space (and funds) I've decided to sell my KXLX250 project.

What there is:
KLX250 parts
- frame, swingarm (including chain guard and chain adjuster blocks), original shocks, lower triples, seat, tank and rear hub with brake backing plate.
- front & rear guards and airbox  (rear guard has a crack near mounting holes and front has no crack and should clean up ok, the white scraps off easily and reveals good plastic underneath, air box has no cracks)
- engine mounts, foot pegs, rear axle, brake pedal, swingarm pivot bolt, brake torque arm and brake rod, various bolts etc
All the above parts are off the same bike except the airbox

Other:
-  Fox Shox correct length, completely rebuilt by Thor and not used since (invoice available), some rub marks as per picture
-  KX250 A5 complete engine, carby and spare cylinder (seller stated that he bought it on the basis that it has been rebuilt recently to some extent but he had not taken apart to check and niether have I)
-  KX250 A5 exhaust
-  complete YZ465H front end including 43mm forks, triples, axle, front hub and TLS, I like the bronze colour, looks very worksy ;D  (all EVO compliant no matter which interpretation you use ;D)
-  YZ 490(?) complete front wheel, no cracks in rim
-  2x 79 KX80 fuel tanks, one in good condition but a horrible colour and one that is pretty ordinary
-  pair of wide steel footpegs off ebay that look like they should fit reasonably easy...

Now for the price, I'm only looking to get my money back and am after $3,750

I know that seems a bit steep and I must admit the numbers scared me a bit when I added it up, but if you try to buy it all individually it would soon add up.

I don't want to split it up just yet, I'll if there's any interest first and then I'll see.

I'm in Darwin and am happy to box everything and deliver to your freighter.  Call or pm if you want some info, photos etc

Andrew
0407 272 327

« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 01:52:48 pm by bishboy »

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
Re: KX250/KLX250 project
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:40:43 am »
PM Sent