Author Topic: Reed v Canard, part time officials, F1 and more.  (Read 7783 times)

Offline KIWImxer

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Reed v Canard, part time officials, F1 and more.
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 06:21:00 PM »
I thought the rule book stated the onus 'was on the overtaking rider', so Trey was in the wrong initially. Chad hit him with a deliberate move when Trey had one hand off the bars adjusting his goggles, so he was probably going to crash no matter how hard or soft he hit him. Stupid rush of blood by Chad. Followed by rush of blood by AMA guy, who had better be consistent for the rest of the year or there will be tears. Chad deserved a penalty after the race (as had been the case with Alessi - presentence set). I was at A1 and there were some of the meanest block pass/take outs I've seen. 
Living in the past and have the trophies to prove it

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 07:18:22 PM »
I was at A1 and there were some of the meanest block pass/take outs I've seen.

Unfortunately there is a shitty  element of 'roller ball' about MX these days, at some point it became OK to block pass, ride people off  and then it all grew up from that.

What happened to good sportsmanship, would you have seen McGrath, Emig et al pulling this shit ? ... Chad really let himself down
formerly Marc.com

Offline Paul552

• Legend
  • HEAVEN #552
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 07:37:11 PM »
I thought the rule book stated the onus 'was on the overtaking rider', so Trey was in the wrong initially. Chad hit him with a deliberate move when Trey had one hand off the bars adjusting his goggles, so he was probably going to crash no matter how hard or soft he hit him. Stupid rush of blood by Chad. Followed by rush of blood by AMA guy, who had better be consistent for the rest of the year or there will be tears. Chad deserved a penalty after the race (as had been the case with Alessi - presentence set). I was at A1 and there were some of the meanest block pass/take outs I've seen.
+1
'77 YZ125D '84 CR250RE '89 CR250RK '84 CR80RE  '09 YZ250F

Offline Kane Mcguire

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »
To 'block pass' is pretty bloody easy to do to get past a rider. To leave racing room is more difficult and shows much more sportsmanship. I think its caused by these shitty tracks full of jumps and one lines with nowhere to pass.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 09:16:34 AM »
To 'block pass' is pretty bloody easy to do to get past a rider. To leave racing room is more difficult and shows much more sportsmanship. I think its caused by these shitty tracks full of jumps and one lines with nowhere to pass.

Agreed... Lose at least some of the 180 degree corners and give some room for real racing.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 10:00:19 AM »
That Moron Canard was out of order , what else was Chad to do. Only thing he did wrong was made it to obvious.

If that idiot had landed right on top of Chad and put him out for the season or worse  >:(

It was not a racing incident the fukwit had nowhere to go , why wasn't he penalised  ::)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »
Apparently Cooper Webb was having a go too ,but missed a blackflag day.  :-[

meanwhile at arena cross.
Best is in the West !!

oldfart

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 12:51:59 PM »
In my eyes Reed put the bloke move on.... look at 6sec  Chad has inside run full well knowing Canard is up his Rs  7 secs he has switched to inside .... at a much slower speed.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 01:14:55 PM »
There is a lot of block passing in SX (and MX) but what Chad did was probably a spur of the moment move that was a blatant get square.  Circumstances meant that Trey (not Troy) was just in front of him when they took off again and he was going slower.  Chad caught him and could have gone past easily and pulled away, instead he decided to bump him.  Whether or not he intended to knock him off the track only Chad knows, but because Trey wasn't holding on with both hands he went off the track and crashed again.

It was the FIM official who gave the penalty but there was an AMA official beside him.  They both agreed, on what to do based on seeing it live right in front of them and seeing a replay straight away.

What Chad did was not a block pass it was a blatant get square. 
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490