Author Topic: Happy Birthday JJJ  (Read 2281 times)

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Happy Birthday JJJ
« on: January 19, 2015, 05:33:34 pm »
Aussie icon has been supporting Aussie artists for 40 years today.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:42:06 pm by Moto »

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday JJJ
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 11:17:55 pm »
Good but not as good as it was in the 90`s when it was really crackin Helen Razer ,  Keith the Moravian swearin bear , flacco , Roy and hg calling the footy , miff j @ the doctor etc still better than comercial though
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:22:07 pm by mavman »
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 11:55:59 pm »
Still doing a fantastic job, Adam and Will with Steve Canane in the morning Myf in the afternoon was my favourite line up. Roy and HG still do calls on radio national (it think) had were doing Sochi reports with Samsung website. Jay and the Doctor's tsunami song was a classic, along with the "friday f...wit",  Restoring the Balance was a classic, Dave Callans regular late night callers were very funny and love listening to John Saffran and Father Bob on Sundays if I get a chance. Unearthed does more in 1 year than the whole of commercial radio ever did for local artists. Last but not least is my favourite science hour with Dr Karl 
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 10:17:22 am »
Good but not as good as it was in the 90`s when it was really crackin Helen Razer ,  Keith the Moravian swearin bear , flacco , Roy and hg calling the footy , miff j @ the doctor etc still better than comercial though

Yeah my favourite JJJ era as well. Then again, like everything in my life, I'm stuck in a time vortex where everything still exists from the 70's, 80's and 90's  8)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 12:23:40 pm »
JJJ revolutionised aussie youth music culture from they day they hit the airwaves in the seventies, and I spent many a bong-filled night with JJJ in the background in the early eighties.  They were the more sultry flipside to Countdown. 

I particularly miss Mac Cocker's smoky languorous DJ voice at 3am (he went to sleep at the mic one nite......just the sound of him gently snoring.....classic....), and also miss reggae music which they were totally obsessed with for a time, along with thousands of us pimply urban and coastal hippy types.....

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 05:29:55 pm »
JJJ revolutionised aussie youth music culture from they day they hit the airwaves in the seventies, and I spent many a bong-filled night with JJJ in the background in the early eighties.  They were the more sultry flipside to Countdown. 

I particularly miss Mac Cocker's smoky languorous DJ voice at 3am (he went to sleep at the mic one nite......just the sound of him gently snoring.....classic....), and also miss reggae music which they were totally obsessed with for a time, along with thousands of us pimply urban and coastal hippy types.....

Ahh,the bong and JD filled nights...... I kinda remember those days  ::)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.