Author Topic: Seller wont accept cash on pickup.  (Read 5501 times)

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
Seller wont accept cash on pickup.
« on: January 14, 2015, 03:32:15 PM »

l dont want to buy this but found it curious the seller states....

Contact is to be made within 24 hours and payment is to be made by direct bank transfer within 48 hours of winning the auction . Will accept Paypal if the winning buyer pays the sellers fees . This can be discussed with the buyer after the auction .
Will not accept cash on collection . Pick up can only occur after payment has been made as stated above .

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121542706326?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Why would that be ?
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Seller wont accept cash on pickup.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 03:42:14 PM »
Why would the buyer have to pay sellers fees, if he lists it on ebay he has to be aware he will pay fees
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 04:44:18 PM »
Possibly had a bad experience with the old "bid and win, then turn up and try to haggle" brand of idiot?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KIWImxer

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »
You wouldn't pay money to a private individual that you don't know, for something you haven't seen, prior to going there. Surely.
Living in the past and have the trophies to prove it

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 04:57:06 PM »
im thinking haggle idiot for sure...bank transfer is done and dusted, come and pick it up.

or... "its nothing like what ive said and I dont even exist...send your money to an account that is vacuumed clean .1 of a second after your cash clears"

who knows.

still, you can do the bank transfer on your phone while your looking at your new acquisition....all bases covered

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 06:28:58 PM »
4 bidders agree with the conditions,I guess if you wanted it you would have to :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 07:14:33 PM »
still, you can do the bank transfer on your phone while your looking at your new acquisition....all bases covered

That's how I'd play it if I was interested enough to bid.

Could also be the seller's response to the old "I'll be down at the end of next month, and will fix you up then" nonsense. Perhaps not the smartest response, but not a bad one either.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 08:41:53 PM »

All good possibilities with all the risk on the buyer. l think you'd be a trusting soul to agree to those conditions unless you'd seen the bike so you knew exactly what you're buying and genuinely knew where it lived.

Offline BA #63

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 08:50:40 PM »
Quite confusing   buyer lives in Melbourne and the bike is in Melbourne  why can't he just bring a pile of cash and take the bike fair swop    does anyone know this seller  or  can someone smell a rat ;D 
I am still the fastest in the pits

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »

or... "its nothing like what ive said and I dont even exist...send your money to an account that is vacuumed clean .1 of a second after your cash clears"

This was my first thought. Ebay accounts have been hacked before.....

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 09:21:32 PM »
Pretty sure this seller is Steve Bysouth, pretty sure he has credentials and is known to credible people on this forum also. Just his terms I guess, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »
Pretty sure this seller is Steve Bysouth, pretty sure he has credentials and is known to credible people on this forum also. Just his terms I guess, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Cheers, Brendan

Was thinking the same

Many years back the local leisure centre (25min. drive is local in the country) was having a special on use of the pool etc.
The wife & I decided we should take up the offer to try and regain our youth.
Upon trying to sign up we found that they refused to take our cash and we could only get the deal if we agreed to a direct debit (which I hate) every month for the year. Offered to pay for the year up front with cash but they would have none of it.
We walked away from that one thinking WTF
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 12:15:55 AM »
I do this with PayPal where the buyer can see he is protected.  I wouldn't expect anyone to EFT.

Bloke just wants a clean transaction, clear of potential payment hassles.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:10:21 AM by Momus »
If you love it, lube it.

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 01:09:45 AM »
I do this.

Bloke just wants a clean transaction, clear of potential payment hassles.

EFT by phone app on the day of pick up shouldn't be a problem then.

No way I would be forwarding money to this guy up front only because he asked for it. You would definitely need to to at least see the product prior to payment.

FWITW I have bought and paid for bikes on a number of ocassions before sight unseen on ebay and have not been burned. I really think most people (sellers) are good at heart and not out to rip you off but I would be very wary of a seller who stipulates these types of conditions.

Cheers
Shaun 

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 01:52:04 AM »
Seller may want money paid before giving out his address for pickup.  Otherwise he may get "visitors" before the bike is paid for.  If thats how he wants to get paid then thats the condition you accept if you want to bid.  Personally, i would pay with PayPal as the seller will have to pay Ebay fees anyway, and i dont think the Paypal fee is to much.  Its a type of escrow account so seller should be happy and buyer has protection, as if the bike is not as described, he can dispute the transaction.