Author Topic: New For N.S.W Vinduro  (Read 26559 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: New For N.S.W Vinduro
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 10:23:08 pm »
Thanks Wayne.
-----------------

VERi = Pre-85 with reasonably generous carry-overs.
vTr = roughly Pre-86 with some technical allowances.
EBT Mick's proposed race series = Pre-91 and Pre-01.
Heaven = Pre-90.
Cookardinia = rolling 25 year cut-off (so Pre-91 in 2015).
VMX in the MoMs = Pre-90.

What a bloody maze of random eligibilty requirements!
People- especially people who are new to the sport and are not sure of themselves - like logic and simplicity, and that list is neither simple nor logical.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2014, 12:14:18 am »
My point is that "we" keep making divisions where none need to exist. WHY?!

How do other people riding around on old bikes negatively impact anyone's enjoyment of riding around on their old bike?

We are far too small a pastime to be able to indulge in constant internal apartheid and segregation.

In answer to your question Nathan, the impact is none. No one gives a toss when you're out on the trail as to who's riding what. People are there to ride the event and have fun.

I have also been a strong advocate for Pre-90 Vinduro's. To me Australia produced some great enduro riders in the 80's. That means from 1980-89! Guys like Brooke Flanagan, Pelle Granquist
Brett & Craig Smith, I could rattle off more but as a young bloke growing up these blokes and their MACHINES is what I looked up to. For me I can't just draw the line at Pre 85 without acknowledging what came after.
  When organising the Cookardinia Vinduro this year we decided to go with the rolling 25 years. I adopted a similar idea from the VJMC (Vintage Japanese Motorcycling Club) who run with bikes older than 15 years, I quote " To foster the preservation, restoration, riding and enjoyment of ownership of Japanese motorcycles"

What a great philosophy. Obviously they have seen the need and forsight to preserve these bikes before they are lost. It also encourages new members to the club. This is no different in the dirt bike scene. Have a look on Ebay, bike sales, trading post and see how many dirt bikes from 85-90 are on there. Not many why? Because they've had the a#se flogged out of them and have been wrecked out.

I've seen people's responses on this forum in regards to the Pre-90 debate and one comment that really sat uneasy with me was " everyone will just bring their pre-90 bike in favour of a pre-85 bike"
Boy was that bloke wrong ;D Of the 90 odd entrants at Cookardinia I had probably 6 guys on Pre-90 bikes, and yes Nathan was one onboard his KDX, Wayne on his 87 Husky, our MCA sponsor on an 89 KX500 and a couple others on KTM's. Did people care NO, did the locals gather up pitch forks and protest NO
   What it did do however was allow more entries and also give guys the option of bringing more than one bike. As I do the registrations for Cooka I noticed the average age of most of the riders was 45-50 years old, so I understand that the bikes that these guys grew up with were from the 70's & 80's and they can relate to them. But what does the future hold for these blokes and their bikes?
Their bodies are getting older and Pre-85 bikes are getting harder to get parts. So when do you draw the line and say I just can't afford to abuse a pre-85 model bike anymore.

I love all dirt bikes but we need to keep Vinduro alive and growing and inject new blood each year, so I'll continue Cookardinia with the same format. I don't believe non-competitive Vinduro events need so many rules, keep it simple. I'll support Dennis and VTR the best I can, he's doing good things for the sport, I just hope the organisation as a whole body listen to peoples ideas and suggestions before they set any rules in stone.

Cheers Brooksie
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:18:36 am by Maicoman »
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2014, 10:17:08 am »
I'm sure you VTR chaps will put on some ripper events. Got any event locations in mind yet?

Pic from leguidevert.com

Tex

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2014, 10:21:35 am »
Plenty
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline VINDURO

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VINDURO
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2014, 11:03:17 am »
From someone who has worked with Dennis on VINDURO in NSW I would like to thank him for all that he has done to get VINDURO going in the state of NSW, he has put a lot of work into it (with the generous help of others) and I wish him and his fellow Vindurist's all the best with their new club.

Whatever format, guidelines etc that they decide to go with they will have my support 100%.

One thing I have learnt in recent times is that there is absolutely no point in being negative, so from me, from here on in it's all about POSITIVITY.

Way to go Dennis and crew! Let the good times roll.

-------------------------

Cheers

Jock Davidson

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2014, 11:58:35 am »
He is a top bloke

But that cant be a picture of him
1 / its a KTM and its running
2/ its doing a wheelie , so that must be photo shopped
3/ his jersey isn't ripped
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2014, 12:08:33 pm »
He is a top bloke

Shoey, look closer at his elbow.... ;)

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2014, 12:35:26 pm »
Photo shop again   8)
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2014, 01:26:23 pm »
He is a top bloke

It'd be more convincing for me if the bike and Dennis were underwater and upside down.

Plenty

Great! I'd better start planting seeds in the mind of the "leader of the opposition"  about potential weekend getaway destinations in NSW.  ;)

Tex

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2014, 01:38:54 pm »
He is a top bloke

3/ HERjersey isn't ripped

Fixed  ;D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2014, 01:45:36 pm »
Maybe Captains Flat and Nimmitabel or Bairdwood good location for the Vic fellas to travel too  ;)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2014, 03:20:57 pm »
Braidwood.......get off the piss Ek

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2014, 03:24:33 pm »
He is a top bloke

Rob, Dennis's ripped blue jersey is part of Myers folklore. Get him to tell you why 8)

Offline xl59

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2014, 03:44:46 pm »
VTR. Pre 86 or no rear disc or upside down forks.must have a headlight working or not .Now I am only a dumb truck driver but that is  no great list of  requirements..If like I said you don't like wat were doing or how were doing it then don't join us ...Problem solved for everyone..Guys their is now a pre 90 club which as far as I no has been going for a couple of years anyway,its just moved.And should be good.Pick wat suits ya and do it all will be happy.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2014, 03:55:33 pm »
I dont really care if it's Pre 90 or not , If Dennis and his merry men put on an advent I will go. If they do the work they can make the rules. If that rubs you then the simple answer is YOU do the work and run things your way.
Have anyone considered handicapping by bike age? Like to get Gold on a 89 model you must do 20 laps. Pre 78 12 laps etc?
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle